Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is (/Thread-I-don-t-think-you-guys-realize-HOW-GOOD-JaMarr-Chase-is)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - KillerGoose - 03-31-2021

I am not going to be upset in the slightest if they pick Chase. He looks like the real deal, I love what I have seen from him. However, I am in on Sewell. If I am the GM, I am picking Sewell and moving on, grabbing Amon-Ra St. Brown in the second.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Are you kidding me?  Is this a joke?

You literally called people idiots and morons within the last hour.  You specifically asked me if I even actually watched the games, of if I know how to watch football.  You've continually insulted those who prefer Chase or Pitts for days and days now.

Now you're telling me to lighten up?

Look dude, none of this is that hard.  You got an opinion, or you think an approach is wrong, then share it, give your reasons.  There's absolutely no need to behave in the way you and a few others have recently.

Just because someone wants Chase or Pitts does NOT mean they don't value the OL, or they're an idiot, or a moron, or anything else.  These are all super talented and prospects, and there's a lot of different ways to build out this team over the next few years.

Some of ya'll need to really calm the hell down, and quit ragging on people for having a different approach to the draft.
I never called people idiots or morons today in this thread. I said ignorant. I also said the board lowers my IQ. But I never said moron or idiots

secondly, asking you if you watch the games isnt an insult per se. It's just that you're referencing numbers when I say Burrow is a guy who makes his receivers better. I then say, that by your logic, Tannehill is the better talent and qb. (We all know that's not the case, even if he had better stats in 2020)

for real

lighten up

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Fulcher_33 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Are you kidding me?  Is this a joke?

You literally called people idiots and morons within the last hour.  You specifically asked me if I even actually watched the games, of if I know how to watch football.  You've continually insulted those who prefer Chase or Pitts for days and days now.

Now you're telling me to lighten up?

Look dude, none of this is that hard.  You got an opinion, or you think an approach is wrong, then share it, give your reasons.  There's absolutely no need to behave in the way you and a few others have recently.

Just because someone wants Chase or Pitts does NOT mean they don't value the OL, or they're an idiot, or a moron, or anything else.  These are all super talented and prospects, and there's a lot of different ways to build out this team over the next few years.

Some of ya'll need to really calm the hell down, and quit ragging on people for having a different approach to the draft.
Good Post Wes...

I agree there are several ways to go in the draft, we have SEVERAL Holes we need to fill, and fortunately for us the needs at those positions are deep in this draft. This draft is one of the deeper drafts in recent years at several positions. 

I personally would love to see Pitts as a Bengal. He is a matchup nightmare, we can move him all over the formation and create matchup problems all day long. There is NO CB, LB or S that can matchup with him 1on1. Does that mean I don't want OL? No. Does that mean I dont think Chase would be a great piece to add to the offense? No. I just think the skillset Pitts has is unmatched in this draft, and I believe there are several really good OL we could get at 38 (if we didnt trade up sooner to nab one). I understand the whole we dont know how to pick rd2 OL, or they dont pan out like rd1 OL...blah blah. I don't put any stock in that crap. Each year is different and we shall see what happens. 

One thing I do know is WHOEVER we take at 5 "should" be an impact player for us, and I would be fine with unless we trade out of 5. 

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - thompson19osu - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 12:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Cant go wrong with Chase or Pitts at 5.
Then grab your OT in RD 2.
Dont complicate it Tobin/Taylor

Agree with Chase or Pitts. I’m not ready to trust Sewell to protect Burrow. Yes he is good but I would trust someone more who didn’t have just one year at their spot. If they do draft Sewell they should start him at LG working closely with Jonah and if he gets injured than can step into LT. I personally like the Chase/Pitts picks better than Sewell. Go with G in round 2.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:13 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Good Post Wes...

good post? Maybe after the guy just falsely accused me of calling people idiots or morons lmaoo

you and I were literally agreeing a couple pages ago about the lack of football knowledge and ignorance some of the other posters have LOL

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Rubekahn29 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 12:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Pitts is better

Probably, but I’m going to guess that if Pitts and Chase are the two choices- they lean Chase because of JB. Unless they feel there is massive differences between the two.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Murdock2420 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:04 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would also argue, that it’s not like Palmer did far and away better in AZ than Cincinnati. Yeah he won a playoff game in 2015 but followed it up with 6 turnovers in one game. So there’s that.

Oh Palmer was played his part in the wins and the losses out there in AZ for certain, it's just his statement on the culture and you hear that a lot from guys that leave here. Housh said it, Dunlap, Corey Dillon, even big Willie talked about the difference between Baltimore and Cincy.

Mike Brown is going to do it his way. I don't believe the man is against winning or doesn't want to win, I just believe he is set in his ways and he will either win his way or no way. And as long as we have his way, we have a handicap when it comes to scouting late round guys and developing them.

That's really the only reason I'm so all in on Sewell.

If we miss on the OL in round 2 (like taking Tevin Jenkins who reminds me a lot of Ced, especially after Synric mentioned some stuff and I watched game film) then we are in huge trouble. And Burrow gets pummeled again all season. I know Spain, and XSF are here full time... but you can't believe all 5 O-lineman make every start. That means Jordan is just an ankle sprain away from playing... yikes.

If we take Sewell, he may not be anything more then a really good offensive lineman, but it's a nice upgrade. If we then miss on the 2nd round WR pick, Burrow throws into tighter coverage, but he is upright, and can also just throw the ball away. 

It's not like either guy at 5 takes us from 4 wins to playoffs. It's still a pretty bad roster overall and we still have the bumbling coaching staff.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Fulcher_33 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: good post? Maybe after the guy just falsely accused me of calling people idiots or morons lmaoo

you and I were literally agreeing a couple pages ago about the lack of football knowledge and ignorance some of the other posters have LOL

I should've highlighted the part I was saying good post about. I was not referring to anything between you and him. 

"Just because someone wants Chase or Pitts does NOT mean they don't value the OL, or they're an idiot, or a moron, or anything else.  These are all super talented and prospects, and there's a lot of different ways to build out this team over the next few years."

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:15 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Agree with Chase or Pitts. I’m not ready to trust Sewell to protect Burrow. Yes he is good but I would trust someone more who didn’t have just one year at their spot. If they do draft Sewell they should start him at LG working closely with Jonah and if he gets injured than can step into LT. I personally like the Chase/Pitts picks better than Sewell. Go with G in round 2.

(03-31-2021, 02:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Probably, but I’m going to guess that if Pitts and Chase are the two choices- they lean Chase because of JB. Unless they feel there is massive differences between the two.

The thing about Pitts is he is not only a TE, this is why I think he will be on everyone's mind, especially ours.

We can branch him out against a smaller Corner on the outside as a WR or against LB's on the inside. Either way, mismatch.

Pitts, Chase, Sewell in that order for me. Will be more than happy any we go in the first.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - impactplaya - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:15 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Agree with Chase or Pitts. I’m not ready to trust Sewell to protect Burrow. Yes he is good but I would trust someone more who didn’t have just one year at their spot. If they do draft Sewell they should start him at LG working closely with Jonah and if he gets injured than can step into LT. I personally like the Chase/Pitts picks better than Sewell. Go with G in round 2.

Sewell sat out a year. Now your asking him.to move to OG
If he is drafted. That doesnt equate to success as some might think who are in the Penei Fan Club.
Ive seen 1st RD olinemen get moved their rookie year
And they struggle. And those are guys who didnt sit out a year.

Oh yeah I like Trey Smith at UT in RD 2.  He has what Pollack likes in.his OGs

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Murdock2420 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing about Pitts is he is not only a TE, this is why I think he will be on everyone's mind, especially ours.

We can branch him out against a smaller Corner on the outside as a WR or against LB's on the inside. Either way, mismatch.

Pitts, Chase, Sewell in that order for me. Will be more than happy any we go in the first.

You again are expecting Taylor and company to know how to correctly use a player....  Ninja Ninja Ninja

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - coachmcneil71 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 12:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If he makes it past Atlanta, he's the pick.

I ask myself this question as I went over the first rd. When was Matty Ice at his best?.... The answer; when he had a dominant TE, Tony Gonzales.

That said, I feel strongly that Pitts is their pick, if they don't go QB. They just extended Ryan for like three years. That almost eliminates a rookie QB contract. A rookie QB will be over halfway through his contract before Ryan is done.

I'm almost certain it will be Pitts for the ATL.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Rubekahn29 - 03-31-2021

Honestly it doesn’t matter, chances are they get hurt anyway as all of our 1st rounders have their rookie year for what feels like an eternity. So honestly all you Sewell people should really want chase because that means we will actually have a lineman that plays his rookie year since he will be in 2nd round and not first.

(03-31-2021, 02:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Oh Palmer was played his part in the wins and the losses out there in AZ for certain, it's just his statement on the culture and you hear that a lot from guys that leave here. Housh said it, Dunlap, Corey Dillon, even big Willie talked about the difference between Baltimore and Cincy.

Mike Brown is going to do it his way. I don't believe the man is against winning or doesn't want to win, I just believe he is set in his ways and he will either win his way or no way. And as long as we have his way, we have a handicap when it comes to scouting late round guys and developing them.

That's really the only reason I'm so all in on Sewell.

If we miss on the OL in round 2 (like taking Tevin Jenkins who reminds me a lot of Ced, especially after Synric mentioned some stuff and I watched game film) then we are in huge trouble. And Burrow gets pummeled again all season. I know Spain, and XSF are here full time... but you can't believe all 5 O-lineman make every start. That means Jordan is just an ankle sprain away from playing... yikes.

If we take Sewell, he may not be anything more then a really good offensive lineman, but it's a nice upgrade. If we then miss on the 2nd round WR pick, Burrow throws into tighter coverage, but he is upright, and can also just throw the ball away. 

It's not like either guy at 5 takes us from 4 wins to playoffs. It's still a pretty bad roster overall and we still have the bumbling coaching staff.
What about Sam Cosmi? Alex Leatherwood? Dillon Randunz? Walker Little? 

(03-31-2021, 02:23 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I ask myself this question as I went over the first rd. When was Matty Ice at his best?.... 
good question, easy answer

the year he won mvp which had austin hooper at tight end

also his 2018 was pretty great as well.

That's when he was at his best

I personally think you're bending your argument so you can justify why Pitts is the best choice

Because Ryan wasnt at his best when he had Tony G at TE

(03-31-2021, 02:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sewell sat out a year. Now your asking him.to move to OG
If he is drafted. That doesnt equate to success as some might think who are in the Penei Fan Club.
Ive seen 1st RD olinemen get moved their rookie year
And they struggle. And those are guys who didnt sit out a year.

Oh yeah I like Trey Smith at UT in RD 2.  He has what Pollack likes in.his OGs

Is he a zone scheme guy?

Everything I read about him was that he was a power-gap blocker. Just a real question of does he translate to what Pollock is going to run with the O-line?

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:25 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: What about Sam Cosmi? Alex Leatherwood? Dillon Randunz? Walker Little? 

Eichenberg as well, don't forget about him. Yes, tons of good OT's we can take in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Game changers like Pitts and Chase don't come around very often and Chase has already broke records with Burrow.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 01:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess you missed Justin Jefferson’s rookie season in Minnesota...

No. Jefferson is a wonderful player.

Picked 22nd, right?

(03-31-2021, 02:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No. Jefferson is a wonderful player.

Picked 22nd, right?

Yep. And HOW the Eagles picked Reagor over him was mind boggling...lol

(03-31-2021, 02:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You again are expecting Taylor and company to know how to correctly use a player....  Ninja Ninja Ninja

Good point but Kyle Pitts could be so good he might even make them look good... Ninja Ninja Ninja