Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is (/Thread-I-don-t-think-you-guys-realize-HOW-GOOD-JaMarr-Chase-is)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - BrownAssClown - 03-31-2021

After reading this whole thread, all I can add is that April is going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG month.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Fulcher_33 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eichenberg as well, don't forget about him. Yes, tons of good OT's we can take in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Game changers like Pitts and Chase don't come around very often and Chase has already broke records with Burrow.

Yeah him too, I rattled off a few of the top of the noodle. He slipped my mind. Getting up there in age, have to give me some slack lol

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Murdock2420 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:25 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: What about Sam Cosmi? Alex Leatherwood? Dillon Randunz? Walker Little? 

Sam Cosmi is projected late round 1. But would be a good pick.

Alex Leatherwood, I am with Faulk, I just don't like him. Sadly, he is the right fit for the zone blocking scheme we run here. Just, doesn't seem to play with an edge. Doesn't finish blocks, at times, he looked like he wasn't invested. Like when the O-line was sitting on the bench in the Miami fight, that's the kind of vibe I get when I watch him play. I want a Whit... a guy that rips a dude's helmet off for hitting the QB after the whistle.

Walker Little - He's had injuries... that is a little concerning.. and he is a finesse blocker not an over-powering guy. I don't know if that fits Pollock's scheme.

Dillon Randunz - As a developmental guy... bring him, but we need a guy to be pushing for a starting spot in 21. This guy could be great.. could be a bust. Certainly a gamble as he has never played against any type of pro level competition. People knock Sewell for playing in the Pac-12... 

So of the 4, 1 I think comes in and is a ready to go player. Do you really want to sit and hope the one you want is there and risk another Billy Price moment?

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No. Jefferson is a wonderful player.

Picked 22nd, right?

Not sure what your point is on where he was picked. But Jefferson clearly wasn’t a case of being elevated by Burrow like you suggested. Unless you think Cousins is an elite QB.

Anyway, Chase was even better than Jefferson at LSU. So he’s not making it to 22.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Murdock2420 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure what your point is on where he was picked. But Jefferson clearly wasn’t a case of being elevated by Burrow like you suggested. Unless you think Cousins is an elite QB.

Anyway, Chase was even better than Jefferson at LSU. So he’s not making it to 22.

Hey hey hey hey!!!

Don't go shitting on Cousins.... he is..... he is.... 

yeah I got nothing. He's crap.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure what your point is on where he was picked. But Jefferson clearly wasn’t a case of being elevated by Burrow like you suggested. Unless you think Cousins is an elite QB.

Cousins is underrated.

Elite? No

Very good? Yes.

Jefferson may have benefited from having a guy like Thielen across from him, who is not only one of the best receivers in the game, but also one of the most underrated.

Im not sure he's like Diggs where Diggs is a 1 man show..

But he could be. Idk

But Jefferson definitely benefited from having Thielen across from him. Also having a guy like Dalvin Cook in the back field helps

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hey hey hey hey!!!

Don't go shitting on Cousins.... he is..... he is.... 

yeah I got nothing. He's crap.

based on...? 

Im curious if this is an emotional or logical argument here

because it cant be logical. So this makes my qustion to you a bit rhetorical

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - coachmcneil71 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing about Pitts is he is not only a TE, this is why I think he will be on everyone's mind, especially ours.

We can branch him out against a smaller Corner on the outside as a WR or against LB's on the inside. Either way, mismatch.

Pitts, Chase, Sewell in that order for me. Will be more than happy any we go in the first.

Love Pitts, but really feel he's going to Atlanta.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Cousins is underrated.

Elite? No

Very good? Yes.

Jefferson may have benefited from having a guy like Thielen across from him, who is not only one of the best receivers in the game, but also one of the most underrated.

Im not sure he's like Diggs where Diggs is a 1 man show..

But he could be. Idk

But Jefferson definitely benefited from having Thielen across from him. Also having a guy like Dalvin Cook in the back field helps

You don't think Chase would benefit from having Higgins and Boyd around him Frank?

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Fulcher_33 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sam Cosmi is projected late round 1. But would be a good pick.

Alex Leatherwood, I am with Faulk, I just don't like him. Sadly, he is the right fit for the zone blocking scheme we run here. Just, doesn't seem to play with an edge. Doesn't finish blocks, at times, he looked like he wasn't invested. Like when the O-line was sitting on the bench in the Miami fight, that's the kind of vibe I get when I watch him play. I want a Whit... a guy that rips a dude's helmet off for hitting the QB after the whistle.

Walker Little - He's had injuries... that is a little concerning.. and he is a finesse blocker not an over-powering guy. I don't know if that fits Pollock's scheme.

Dillon Randunz - As a developmental guy... bring him, but we need a guy to be pushing for a starting spot in 21. This guy could be great.. could be a bust. Certainly a gamble as he has never played against any type of pro level competition. People knock Sewell for playing in the Pac-12... 

So of the 4, 1 I think comes in and is a ready to go player. Do you really want to sit and hope the one you want is there and risk another Billy Price moment?
That's the thing, 1 YOU think that comes in and is ready, and I respect your opinion, but I don't agree on all those. 

I like Letherwood, Cosmi, and Eichenburg all could be extremely productive players for us. Radunz I agree is developmental. 

Little got hurt and then opted out, but before that he was in the mix with ALL the top guys and may slip only because of that. 

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Love Pitts, but really feel he's going to Atlanta.

Could happen. The more people see of Pitts the more they like naturally.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - thompson19osu - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing about Pitts is he is not only a TE, this is why I think he will be on everyone's mind, especially ours.

We can branch him out against a smaller Corner on the outside as a WR or against LB's on the inside. Either way, mismatch.

Pitts, Chase, Sewell in that order for me. Will be more than happy any we go in the first.

Exactly. He reminds me of Waller at OAK who is a stud. At 6’6 he typically going to have any LB or safety by 4 inches. With Burrow’s accuracy it would be a Red Zone nightmare. Again as someone else pointed out if the Bengals use him appropriately.

(03-31-2021, 02:42 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: That's the thing, 1 YOU think that comes in and is ready, and I respect your opinion, but I don't agree on all those. 

I like Letherwood, Cosmi, and Eichenburg all could be extremely productive players for us. Radunz I agree is developmental. 

Little got hurt and then opted out, but before that he was in the mix with ALL the top guys and may slip only because of that. 

Leatherwood was also a top pick before the Senior Bowl and played against top competition in the SEC and played great.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - GodFather - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This guy is a GENERATIONAL talent at WR. He's AJ Green with more speed and better measurables (that just came in from his pro day). There are currently like 4 guys in the NFL that have his measurables and ability. His pre existing chemistry/relationship with Burrow is just a cherry on top of the Sunday.

He's not Tee Higgins - he's on a completely different level.

I get protecting Burrow, but the Bengals HAVE to draft this guy with the 5th pick. He's just too much of a game changing talent not too. We should all be SALIVATING at the though of an offense consisting of Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, and...JaMarr Chase. It would easily be a top 5 unit in the NFL.

NFL teams are built around game changing talent and playmakers. Yes, Sewell would be a great addition and sure help with protecting Burrow, but you only have so many chances to draft a talent like Chase over the course of history. The Bengals did it with AJ Green...we need to do it with JaMarr Chase.

I bet Atlanta picks him up before we even get a chance.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

Can you name a single player from the LSU OL?

Look, I’m all for upgrading our OL, but this is a deep draft for that, and we can get a really good prospect on day 2.

Idk how you can pass on both Chase and Pitts at this point. Maybe that changes after Sewell’s pro day though.

It does depend on Sewell's pro day. If he's as advertised, I'd pick him. If not, I'd look at Pitts or Chase for sure.

(03-31-2021, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Leatherwood was also a top pick before the Senior Bowl and played against top competition in the SEC and played great.

Yeah I would be extremely happy with Pitts rd1, Leatherwood rd2.  (or Chase rd1)

(03-31-2021, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You don't think Chase would benefit from having Higgins and Boyd around him Frank?

Boyd Higgins and Burrow all benefit from each other. 

Boyd has shown that he can put up 1000+ yards without a starting qb or AJ Green across from him

Of course they'd all benefit. But you dont need an elite wr talent to pair up with Boyd and Higgins. All we need is a Chris Henry type. 

but if they wanna grab chase and grab a guard in round 2, so be it.

That shouldnt be the first choice though. Neither should Pitts.

We have a RT on a 1 year contract and a LT that has yet to play a full season

(03-31-2021, 02:44 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Exactly. He reminds me of Waller at OAK who is a stud. At 6’6 he typically going to have any LB or safety by 4 inches. With Burrow’s accuracy it would be a Red Zone nightmare. Again as someone else pointed out if the Bengals use him appropriately.

It could be video game numbers for Burrow and Pitts if used correctly, spot on Thompson. I mean, he isn't just a Red Zone threat
either. Pitts can take it the distance with his speed or run over smaller Defenders and take it the distance. His route running is superb.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 12:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We passed the ball like 50x a game last year. I know we need to be good at running it too, but it seems like running the ball is almost an afterthought in Taylor's offense. 

Because they couldn't run block for shit...lol

(03-31-2021, 02:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: I bet Atlanta picks him up before we even get a chance.

That's possible, but alot of talk about Atlanta trading out of 4 so...