Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is (/Thread-I-don-t-think-you-guys-realize-HOW-GOOD-JaMarr-Chase-is)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Fulcher_33 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It could be video game numbers for Burrow and Pitts if used correctly, spot on Thompson. I mean, he isn't just a Red Zone threat
either. Pitts can take it the distance with his speed or run over smaller Defenders and take it the distance. His route running is superb.

Watching his on field drills now, he is so fluid...

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Because they couldn't run block for shit...lol

nah bro, Zac Taylor just WANTS to throw it 50x per game. You dont get it

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Beaker - 03-31-2021

Here's the thing...the "have to draft Sewell or Burrow dies" people think that if we draft Chase at #5 we are neglecting the glaring O line problem. Well, what if the next two rounds are O line picks? Is it still neglected? And why in your mind does it HAVE to be O line in the first? Billy Price was a first round O line pick. Cedric Ogbuehi was a 1st round O line pick. First rounder does not guarantee good.

If you saw the results of Chase's pro day, cobined with his production at every level he's played, and his already established chemistry with Burrow, you'd be passing on the clear cut best WR prospect in the draft for the not clear cut best O line prospect in the draft. I think they'd be foolish to pass on Chase.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 12:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The two teams in the Super Bowl had the two best skill position set of players in the NFL. Trenches are important, but skill players are as well.

.....and one blocked well and protected the QB, and the other played backup linemen and its QB ran for his life. It's a yin/yang thing.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Murdock2420 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:42 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: That's the thing, 1 YOU think that comes in and is ready, and I respect your opinion, but I don't agree on all those. 

I like Letherwood, Cosmi, and Eichenburg all could be extremely productive players for us. Radunz I agree is developmental. 

Little got hurt and then opted out, but before that he was in the mix with ALL the top guys and may slip only because of that. 

But all the names here cause a debate, not a single one is a.. yup that guy is going to be the top guy in the class. He literally is a can't miss type of guy. On this list are good prospects with flaws, hence why they aren't in round 1.

So, do you take the potential flaw on the protection guy or the guy catching the ball?

Sewell - then you have Bateman, Toney, Dyami Brown, Marshall Jr, Elijah Moore, etc, etc. All of those WRs would come in and be a huge boost to the WR room.

It isn't like passing on Chase, dooms us at WR either... it's equally deep at WR. 

The only position group that isn't super deep that we are discussing here is TE. There is 3 guys, Pitts, Jordan from Miami and the TE from Penn State whose name I'm not typing out.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:46 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Yeah I would be extremely happy with Pitts rd1, Leatherwood rd2.  (or Chase rd1)

Would love this as well.

(03-31-2021, 02:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Boyd Higgins and Burrow all benefit from each other. 

Boyd has shown that he can put up 1000+ yards without a starting qb or AJ Green across from him

Of course they'd all benefit. But you dont need an elite wr talent to pair up with Boyd and Higgins. All we need is a Chris Henry type. 

but if they wanna grab chase and grab a guard in round 2, so be it.

That shouldnt be the first choice though. Neither should Pitts.

We have a RT on a 1 year contract and a LT that has yet to play a full season

It is the year of 1 year deals, we can extend Reiff if he plays well this season.

BTW if you want a Chris Henry type, Tamarrion Terry WR Florida State really reminds me of Henry and we could get him in the
mid rounds. 6'4" just like Henry and has that other gear without the off the field problems.

(03-31-2021, 02:48 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Watching his on field drills now, he is so fluid...

It is insane for a Receiver that big, Pitts is a better route runner already than Eifert was in his prime in 2015. Crazy.

Eifert was the best route running TE in football that year IMO. Pitts is even better, is bigger AND can play WR.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-31-2021

I will be happy with Sewell, Chase, or Pitts.

I will be disappointed if we fail to land one of those three (trade down scenario). Pissed in fact.

I will be ecstatic if we land Sewell.

Best case scenario would be a trade down (& then up) scenario where we net more picks and STILL get Sewell, Chase, or Pitts.

I think Pitts is a generational TE as a receiver. Of the three, he has the most separation between himself and other TEs. But ZTs offense does not utilize TE much. And TE, when compared to OT & WR, is generally a less impactful position.

I think Sewell is a generational OT prospect. He is the only true sophmore to win the Outland, I believe. His combination of agility and strength and excellence as both a pass & run blocker is VERY rare for a guy his size. There needs to be a bit of polish technique wise. But the guy is a stud. Most of his weight is muscle, and at his age (20?), he will like fill out more.

I don't think Chase is generational. I think he is excellent. Top WR in this year's draft, and that is saying something with Smith there. He had Burrow, and Jefferson as teammates. But he is very fast, has good hands, elite leaping ability, and is good after the catch. Only 6'0", but very well built. And has history with Burrow.

I just think protecting Burrow is job #1. Michael Jordan and Fred Johnson are still 1 snap from playing time. Sewell fixes that (as someone shifts to OG). He also vastly improves the running game. Burrow with time and a running game will be excellent, even with the weapons we have. A great QB with elite weapons are rendered useless with poor line play as we all saw in the SB.

I also think if something else happens to Joe AND we pass on OL at #5, no elite QB will ever want to come here again. We'll get Elway'ed. Or at least we risk that. And deservedly so.

Firmly in camp Sewell.

Though I might risk a trade down if I knew I could get back up to Detroit at #7, similar to the Dolphins deal.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Murdock2420 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: based on...? 

Im curious if this is an emotional or logical argument here

because it cant be logical. So this makes my qustion to you a bit rhetorical

That he has underachieved with both teams he played for, that he makes critical mistakes in pressure situations, that he has been on really great teams in Minnesota with Thielen, Rudolph and Diggs and a great defense and he played flat... need I go on?

He lacks the metal side of the position that pushes you from being average to being a playoff winner, Super Bowl winner, etc. 

All 32 NFL starting QBs have the talent and tools, it really comes down to vision and the mental side that separates them from the pack (or athletic ability like Lamar Jackson)

Are the Jets at the Pro Day for Chase? They need a WR more then anything. Perhaps they solve this debate for us themselves. Take Chase at 2 and then Pitts goes 4 to the Falcons.

Can't complain about the pick if the other options are gone.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Fulcher_33 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: But all the names here cause a debate, not a single one is a.. yup that guy is going to be the top guy in the class. He literally is a can't miss type of guy. On this list are good prospects with flaws, hence why they aren't in round 1.

So, do you take the potential flaw on the protection guy or the guy catching the ball?

Sewell - then you have Bateman, Toney, Dyami Brown, Marshall Jr, Elijah Moore, etc, etc. All of those WRs would come in and be a huge boost to the WR room.

It isn't like passing on Chase, dooms us at WR either... it's equally deep at WR. 

The only position group that isn't super deep that we are discussing here is TE. There is 3 guys, Pitts, Jordan from Miami and the TE from Penn State whose name I'm not typing out.
Yeah that's why I said In a previous post I prefer Pitts and stated several reasons why, and then OL in rd2. 

Sewell isn't a sure thing either, is he considered at the top of his class? Sure, but some prefer Slater. Also Sewell has played limited amount of games, and also opted out last year, so he isn't a slam dunk.

Bateman will be gone, esp after his pro day and running 4.39. Marshall could be as well now with his Pro day. Brown I like who I mentioned in a draft thread, and Moore is a slot guy and not someone who will win on the outside so I don't think he fits here with Boyd manning the slot. 

I would be fine with whatever direction we went with the 3 options everyone is talking about. (Pitts, Chase, Sewell) because like I mentioned the positions of need are deep.

BUT My one Argument on Pitts is he is head and shoulders above anyone on the TE position. Like mentioned by someone he is the #2 rated player on the top scouts boards (DJ, Zeirline, etc) and the matchups nightmares he would cause to me is more impactful then even Chase, but thats JMO.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: nah bro, Zac Taylor just WANTS to throw it 50x per game. You dont get it

He even had Burrow throw it 36 times in a game Mixon was going off (JAX). There is no denying Taylor likes a pass heavy offense.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - hollodero - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: Here's the thing...the "have to draft Sewell or Burrow dies" people think that if we draft Chase at #5 we are neglecting the glaring O line problem. Well, what if the next two rounds are O line picks? Is it still neglected? And why in your mind does it HAVE to be O line in the first?  Billy Price was a first round O line pick. Cedric Ogbuehi was a 1st round O line pick. First rounder does not guarantee good.

If you saw the results of Chase's pro day, cobined with his production at every level he's played, and his already established chemistry with Burrow, you'd be passing on the clear cut best WR prospect in the draft for the not clear cut best O line prospect in the draft. I think they'd be foolish to pass on Chase.

How is Sewell not the clear cut best O Line prospect? It is not guaranteed in the same sense that Chase is not guaranteed. Nothing ever is. But Sewell is as close as they come.

I am one of "those people" who felt Burrow getting hurt was not surprising and feels that adding Reiff did not fix the OLine; and while I would understand not taking OLine at all costs, I am fully in support of taking an OLiner if one is there that according to pretty much everyone is worth the No. 5 pick. Sewell does not compare to Ogbuehi or Price in that regard. At all.

(03-31-2021, 02:58 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Yeah that's why I said In a previous post I prefer Pitts and stated several reasons why, and then OL in rd2. 

Sewell isn't a sure thing either, is he considered at the top of his class? Sure, but some prefer Slater. Also Sewell has played limited amount of games, and also opted out last year, so he isn't a slam dunk.

Bateman will be gone, esp after his pro day and running 4.39. Marshall could be as well now with his Pro day. Brown I like who I mentioned in a draft thread, and Moore is a slot guy and not someone who will win on the outside so I don't think he fits here with Boyd manning the slot. 

I would be fine with whatever direction we went with the 3 options everyone is talking about. (Pitts, Chase, Sewell) because like I mentioned the positions of need are deep.

BUT My one Argument on Pitts is he is head and shoulders above anyone on the TE position. Like mentioned by someone he is the #2 rated player on the top scouts boards (DJ, Zeirline, etc) and the matchups nightmares he would cause to me is more impactful then even Chase, but thats JMO.

I actually like Slater's versatility. The ability to play all 5 spots on the line is amazing plus the way he shut down Chase Young was awesome as well.

People around here would lose their minds, but if we could manage to trade back in one and take Slater while adding another 2nd round pick, I think it becomes the best long term move for the franchise. It isn't the one that people will like... but it does fill more holes with more high quality players then any other move we make. But as you stated, this is just my opinion... and the Bengals will do what the Bengals will do.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - TheLeonardLeap - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:46 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Yeah I would be extremely happy with Pitts rd1, Leatherwood rd2.  (or Chase rd1)

If you can get Leatherwood in rd2, I would be even happier with Sewell rd1, Leatherwood rd2.

Sewell/Williams/Hopkins/Leatherwod/Reiff

Can win a game or two with that OL.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That he has underachieved with both teams he played for, that he makes critical mistakes in pressure situations, that he has been on really great teams in Minnesota with Thielen, Rudolph and Diggs and a great defense and he played flat... need I go on?

He lacks the metal side of the position that pushes you from being average to being a playoff winner, Super Bowl winner, etc. 

All 32 NFL starting QBs have the talent and tools, it really comes down to vision and the mental side that separates them from the pack (or athletic ability like Lamar Jackson)

this just sounds like espn jibber jabber. goofy talking points that mean nothing.

under achieved with washington? dont be silly. He won the division in 2015 and is prob the only qb in washington memory to have back to back winning seasons. That's called overachieving.

he went into new orleans against a superior new orleans team and beat them in the playoffs

He's been playing with bad lines in minnesota ever since he got there with the exception of 2019 where they managed to hold it together like the bengals did in 2018.

Just watching minnesota games, I gotta say, he's pretty good. Also his stats are hard to dispute. Calling that guy terrible goes against everything that is sane in the world. 

career qb rating of 97.9 That's awful

(03-31-2021, 02:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Are the Jets at the Pro Day for Chase? They need a WR more then anything. Perhaps they solve this debate for us themselves. Take Chase at 2 and then Pitts goes 4 to the Falcons.

Can't complain about the pick if the other options are gone.
Dont see the Jets going WR after getting Cory Davis for almost 13m per, having Crowder at over 10m per, and they also added some depth with Keenan Cole, and also have 2nd rd pick from last season in Mims.

NONE of those guys are even remotely close to Chase, but I dont see them going that route with their recent additions. 

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: How is Sewell not the clear cut best O Line prospect? It is not guaranteed in the same sense that Chase is not guaranteed. Nothing ever is. But Sewell is as close as they come.

I am one of "those people" who felt Burrow getting hurt was not surprising and feels that adding Reiff did not fix the OLine; and while I would understand not taking OLine at all costs, I am fully in support of taking an OLiner if one is there that according to pretty much everyone is worth the No. 5 pick. Sewell does not compare to Ogbuehi or Price in that regard. At all.

There are some people that have Slater ahead of him. Most notably Daniel Jeremiah.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you can get Leatherwood in rd2, I would be even happier with Sewell rd1, Leatherwood rd2.

Sewell/Williams/Hopkins/Leatherwod/Reiff

Can win a game or two with that OL.

All for this as well. Or Sewell/Menierz, talk about some dudes that want to seek and destroy in the run game...Twitch

(03-31-2021, 03:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There are some people that have Slater ahead of him. Most notably Daniel Jeremiah.

oh my god

well that changes everything

why didnt anyone tell me Daniel "jesus" Jeremiah doesnt think Sewell is the best OT prospect?

I feel silly

(03-31-2021, 03:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I actually like Slater's versatility. The ability to play all 5 spots on the line is amazing plus the way he shut down Chase Young was awesome as well.

People around here would lose their minds, but if we could manage to trade back in one and take Slater while adding another 2nd round pick, I think it becomes the best long term move for the franchise. It isn't the one that people will like... but it does fill more holes with more high quality players then any other move we make. But as you stated, this is just my opinion... and the Bengals will do what the Bengals will do.

Honestly if we traded back to say 8or9 with Carolina/Denver and took Slater and got some more draft capital I would be all for it, even if it meant missing on Pitts/Chase/Sewell.