Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Camp updates, pictures? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Camp updates, pictures? (/Thread-Camp-updates-pictures)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - ochocincos - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 03:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not too worried about the decade yet. Figure Zac is gone after this year, that leaves whoever comes next 8 years to make the 2020's not suck for the Bengals. The optimist hasn't been beaten out of me THAT much yet that I can't hope the next guy doesn't suck.

I'm not referring to a specific decade (e.g. 20's), I'm referring to a decade's worth of losing records.
Bengals have the second-longest drought in terms of years since a playoff appearance (5 years).
The only team worse is the Jets at 10 years.

I really hope it doesn't take the Bengals another 3+ years to get back to the playoffs, so Taylor (or a new coach) needs to get this team turned around and improve faster than the current pace.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - bengaloo - 08-04-2021

Good to hear Brandon Allen hitting on two big pass plays today, although apparently one was a bad pass that Chase wet up and made a helluv a play on. Still defense kicking ass though. I hope the D is really super improved and carries this momentum into season.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Synric - 08-04-2021

I guess Jackson Carman took a swing at Josh Tupou lol but here is a video of two solid reps by Carman vs Tupou.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 03:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not too worried about the decade yet. Figure Zac is gone after this year, that leaves whoever comes next 8 years to make the 2020's not suck for the Bengals. The optimist hasn't been beaten out of me THAT much yet that I can't hope the next guy doesn't suck.

Same, if Zac still doesn't at least give a push for the Playoffs this year he should be gone and a decent coach should replace him 
while we have a good roster. Really like our roster this year much better than last and the next HC could just add to what we got.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 07:43 PM)Synric Wrote: I guess Jackson Carman took a swing at Josh Tupou lol but here is a video of two solid reps by Carman vs Tupou.

Man, those are two big men right there. Tupou did well in pushing him and trying to get inside, love the fight in Carman.

Really liked this, hopefully we see the dustup. Smirk

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Sled21 - 08-05-2021

(08-04-2021, 10:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, those are two big men right there. Tupou did well in pushing him and trying to get inside, love the fight in Carman.

Really liked this, hopefully we see the dustup. Smirk

Yep, love to see them out there fighting for the starting spots.....

Shelvin vs. Sutherland..... ouch!

[Image: kzrphydox7vrb2rhyv6n.jpg]

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Nicomo Cosca - 08-05-2021

Haha that’s a big boy coming at ya

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Synric - 08-05-2021

All Bengals from SI has a good video of Offensive and Defensive Line 1on1s (With Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson thrown in). It shows alot more of the depth than starters.

Its year 4 with for Billy Price and he still gets his shoulders over his feet and throws himself off balance.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/cincinnati-bengals-offensive-line-struggles-in-1-on-1s-plus-other-highlights-from-wednesdays-practice

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-05-2021

Not sure if anyone has it, but when Lapham and Hoard were doing their recap this morning (it was live), Moss absolutely broke his defender's ankles and got free.

Looked awesome and he looks in great shape.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2021

(08-05-2021, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, love to see them out there fighting for the starting spots.....

No doubt, this is the fun part of Training Camp. Wink

(08-05-2021, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Shelvin vs. Sutherland..... ouch!

I like this guy...

SHELVIN!!! Rock On

(08-05-2021, 12:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not sure if anyone has it, but when Lapham and Hoard were doing their recap this morning (it was live), Moss absolutely broke his defender's ankles and got free.

Looked awesome and he looks in great shape.

Great news, really like Thaddeus, rooting for him to make the team. I will look for this, thanks Truck. Cool

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Joelist - 08-05-2021

It was also fun watching various defenders trying to bull rush Trey Hill. He anchored down and was essentially immovable. The closest someone came was Shelvin, and it was like seeing two mountains collide. This does not instantly anoint Hill anything, but it was cool to see him anchoring like that.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - XenoMorph - 08-05-2021

(08-05-2021, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Shelvin vs. Sutherland..... ouch!

better work on them hands to the face

(08-05-2021, 05:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: better work on them hands to the face

+Even through the blurryness of the photo the look on Pollack's face is priceless..... Love me some Shelvin...

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - XenoMorph - 08-05-2021

(08-05-2021, 05:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: +Even through the blurryness of the photo the look on Pollack's face is priceless..... Love me some Shelvin...

thats a 15 yard penalty not much to love there.

shevlin can be good for us... but im not celebrating bad plays in practice.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - SunsetBengal - 08-05-2021

(08-05-2021, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats a 15 yard penalty not much to love there.

shevlin can be good for us...  but im not celebrating bad plays in practice.

Agreed, but I still like seeing that competitive fire, fighting spirit, and desire to dominate the man in front of you.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2021

(08-05-2021, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats a 15 yard penalty not much to love there.

shevlin can be good for us...  but im not celebrating bad plays in practice.

He doesn't have the face mask. He might of got away with it who knows in real game?

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Sled21 - 08-06-2021

(08-05-2021, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He doesn't have the face mask. He might of got away with it who knows in real game?

Yeah, I'm sure his hand just went up, and would probably be flagged hands to the face if caught, but I'm guessing this shot was taken in a split second that caught it just right. My point is I love the size and fight in this guy. Of course someone here is going to find something to whine about.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - PhilHos - 08-06-2021

(08-05-2021, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He doesn't have the face mask. He might of got away with it who knows in real game?

Meh, just be like the Steelers. Do it all the time. Eventually the refs will get used to it and stop calling it on us.

RE: Camp updates, pictures? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 10:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure his hand just went up, and would probably be flagged hands to the face if caught, but I'm guessing this shot was taken in a split second that caught it just right. My point is I love the size and fight in this guy. Of course someone here is going to find something to whine about.

All true, love Shelvin. He beat his man each time I watched him. Don't know if he went against Trey Hill who was just an anchor 
out there. Love both these picks man.

(08-06-2021, 11:17 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Meh, just be like the Steelers. Do it all the time. Eventually the refs will get used to it and stop calling it on us.

Nah, those bastids have the bias for them. Shelvin needs to be taught to keep his hands away from the face no question.

Like Sled said though, love the fight. This is the stuff that gets the team going. I don't want us to be softies like the last 
couple of years on Defense. This Defense needs to be intimidating again. Shelvin gives us a bit of that.