Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD (/Thread-REDS-AUGUST-GAME-THREAD)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - Nicomo Cosca - 08-11-2021

Well the wheels appear to be coming off. Wtf is with us against the Braves?

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - cinci4life - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 08:11 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Good news so far is SD is getting blanked by Miami 7-0 in the 9th.

Bad news is Brewers put 7 up in the first on the Cubs.

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - Nicomo Cosca - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 09:46 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bad news is Brewers put 7 up in the first on the Cubs.

They aren’t catching the Brewers anyway. San Diego is the only team worth paying attention to at this point.

(08-11-2021, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They aren’t catching the Brewers anyway. San Diego is the only team worth paying attention to at this point.

Not ready to go that far yet. Brewers have a brutal schedule from late August to the end of the regular season and Reds have one of the easiest. Stranger things have happened.

Votto is just insane right now!!!

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - cinci4life - 08-12-2021

Getting so sick of these late timeout calls.

Un fkn real.

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - Nicomo Cosca - 08-12-2021

Well that was a kick in the balls.

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-12-2021

You walk Joc Pederson forcing you to face Ozzie Albies in extra innings, you deserve to lose. The Reds are dead last in MLB in walks given up with 475. That's 10 more than the Cardinals and 38 more than the 28th place Royals

When Albies swung and missed on the low fastball to make it 2-1, I stood up and said "He's going to end it here with a three run shot.", turned and went into the kitchen and just listened to the rest of the broadcast as I started cooking.

12 runners left on base . . . Moustakas had 7 LOB all by himself. Toussaint had them off balance all game long until Votto crushed his first two run shot. They need to snap out of this cold spell.

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-12-2021

Don't mean to hijack, but as the Braves are my 1B team (Jays are 1A), that was a wonderful win Big Grin

This isn't aimed at anyone personally on here, but the Reds have the be the biggest crybaby fanbase of the entire MLB; NOBODY complains and reacts to every little thing (good or bad) that goes on in games, like Reds fans; going off of our gameday threads, I have a feeling it's a Cincinnati thing LOL

I mean, look at my Jays; we are almost a 1:1 team to you guys right now (just the players ages and the like, are a bit different/muddled, like India is great, but a rookie, while Vlad is also great and around the same age, just not a rookie) and we've eaten a ton of shit recently, in terms of bad calls and missed opportunities. Although, our BP has improved in the past month or so, with moves and the good guys getting healthy, whereas you guys are still struggling.

Still, we're in a tougher division than you guys and we have the same record, but I don't see nearly as many people on Twitter going nuts about the team or reacting to everything (and A TON of Jays fans interact with the Jays account as well, so we're just as well-represented) like you guys. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, as your season has been a great one to watch.

I always hope you guys win, but if you're playing the Jays or Braves... no way Wink lol.

I'm at least happy that half the Reds fanbase isn't pinning their hopes on Billy Hamilton anymore Big Grin

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - fredtoast - 08-12-2021

(08-11-2021, 11:14 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Votto is just insane right now!!!

Over his last 54 games (exactly one-third of a season) he is hitting .323 with 20 HR and 54 RBI.  He is slugging .682 with a .411 OB%.

For the full season he is currently 2nd in the NL with 25 HR. Also 3rd in slugging (.583) and 4th in OPS (.958).

It would be impossible for him to stay this hot for the remaining 47 games of the season, but if he does he would be in the MVP discussion.

Reds looked bad in the top and bottom of the 1st inning.

Positive - India, first pitch double. Great start.
Negative - Winker, trying to hit a 5 run home run on every swing against a tough lefty, pops out to SS.
Negative - Farmer, with right side wide open from the shift, tries to pull an outside pitch and grounds out to the shifted 2nd baseman.
Positive - Votto battles for a well earned walk.
Negative - Stephenson, who is at his best going the other way, grounds out weakly to 3rd base.

Two walks, one to a guy hitting .204 that comes around to score. The Cardinals walked two Pirates today to pull within 8 walks of the Reds and Gutierrez puts the Reds back up by 10 in the first inning.

It was innings like that where our coaches would rally us together in the dugout and explain how we weren't playing winning baseball or team baseball, just playing like we wanted a good write up in the paper.

(08-12-2021, 06:48 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Negative - Winker, trying to hit a 5 run home run on every swing against a tough lefty, pops out to SS.

Winker winds up hitting a traditional 4 run home run swinging for a line drive, which is when he hits most of his home runs.

Adjustments.

It's a game of adjustments.

They find a way to blow this one, i'm going to throw up.

(08-12-2021, 07:16 PM)cinci4life Wrote: They find a way to blow this one, i'm going to throw up.

Don't you challenge David Bell!

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - bengalfan74 - 08-12-2021

12-2 lead in 9th and they put Garrett in, I was sweating, but he only gave up 1 run.

Miracles never cease.

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - cinci4life - 08-13-2021

DBacks just trashed SD 12-3. Reds are now 3.5 back.

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - Goalpost - 08-13-2021

Winker a late scratch.

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-13-2021

(08-13-2021, 07:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Winker a late scratch.

Yeah and Bell just moved Naquin to 2nd in the lineup.
I would have done this
Akiyama
India
Castellanos
Votto
Moustakas
Suarez
Naquin
Barnhart

Normally, I wouldn't have Suarez as high as 6th but I wouldn't put 4 lefties in a row.

RE: REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD - cinci4life - 08-13-2021

JOSEPH DANIEL VOTTO!!!