Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - grampahol - 08-21-2021

It's the end of the world for all of Cincinnati except for Votto.. Maybe Chase needs to meet up with Abigail..
https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/joey-votto-stats-boosted-by-young-fan

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - C0de_M0nkey - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 12:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He had alligator arms at least twice tonight. That had me worried.

I hope it’s not an issue and I just keep reminding myself that Burrow wasn’t out there, so hopefully he turns it on when Joe gets back.

He also just might not have wanted to take a big hit in a meaningless game.

I noticed that too. The fact that he’s afraid to get hit in his first preseason game has to make you worry that he’s too soft to play in the NFL. I can forgive drops but I can’t forgive being afraid to catch balls over the middle.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Joelist - 08-21-2021

We also need to call deeper patterns and put Chase on those. Let Tee and Tyler own the middle for now. Supposedly a reason for drafting Chase was his ability in the vertical game - well let him do his thing and stop the vanilla wimpy short stuff all the time.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nicomo Cosca - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 01:11 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I noticed that too. The fact that he’s afraid to get hit in his first preseason game has to make you worry that he’s too soft to play in the NFL. I can forgive drops but I can’t forgive being afraid to catch balls over the middle.

Yeah, Ja’Marr Chase - - one of the most physical WR’s to come out in years is “too soft.” LOL

The guy literally lived for contact against DB’s in college (1st and 2nd rounders mind you).

Can’t we just be disappointed in the drops (which are concentration issues- - not being afraid to get hit) without totally making things up?

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Frank Booth - 08-21-2021

Fanboy alert ^^^☝️☝️☝️^^^

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 08-21-2021

I'll wait until we get a few regular season games in to determine who sucks, who's soft, etc unless of course someone gets cut then I'll assume they sucked and couldn't make the team.

(08-21-2021, 01:24 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Fanboy alert ^^^☝️☝️☝️^^^

Hey, my stalker is here!

Also, priceless comment coming from you. Considering you joined the board guns a-blazing as a full fledged member of the Dalton Gang lol.

(08-21-2021, 01:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hey, my stalker is here!

Also, priceless comment coming from you. Considering you joined the board guns a-blazing as a full fledged member of the Dalton Gang lol.

Why the hell are you quoting me, dude?

Get off my jock

Do more Jamar damage control

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - NATI BENGALS - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 01:43 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Why the hell are you quoting me, dude?

Get off my jock

Oh no. A rookie struggled in the second preseason game. I’m dehydrated from crying so much

(08-21-2021, 01:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Oh no. A rookie struggled in the second preseason game. I’m dehydrated from crying so much

What?

(08-21-2021, 01:43 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Why the hell are you quoting me, dude?

Get off my jock

Of your 740 posts, what % would you say were actual contributions to a discussion? I’m honestly interested to hear a figure…

(08-21-2021, 01:43 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Why the hell are you quoting me, dude?

Get off my jock

Frank can you at least give us 2-3 regular season games before you get on everyone's jock about Chase?

(08-21-2021, 01:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Frank can you at least give us 2-3 regular season games before you get on everyone's jock about Chase?

I love chase, and have never said 1 bad thing about him.

I’m just here to poke around. Shove around a little bit.

How’s that grab ya?

(08-21-2021, 01:59 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I love chase, and have never said 1 bad thing about him.

I’m just here to poke around. Shove around a little bit.

How’s that grab ya?

Well do that after 2-3 regular season games.

Also when is Sewell's next preseason game?

(08-21-2021, 02:06 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well do that after 2-3 regular season games.

Also when is Sewell's next preseason game?

You’re barking up the wrong tree, baxter

(08-21-2021, 02:13 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re barking up the wrong tree, baxter

[Image: uncle-buck-uncle.gif]

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 01:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Ja’Marr Chase - - one of the most physical WR’s to come out in years is “too soft.” LOL

The guy literally lived for contact against DB’s in college (1st and 2nd rounders mind you).

Can’t we just be disappointed in the drops (which are concentration issues- - not being afraid to get hit) without totally making things up?

Yeah, one drop he slipped, another looked like he was looking to cut up field for a big gain instead of looking the ball in first, and one was just a plain ol drop. Things that are likely hammered into his brain on film day. I chalk it up to a rookie trying to show out a little instead of minding the details. Pretty sure he'll clean that up. Let the game come to him instead of trying to do too much thinking about yac and what have you. If we're still talking about it in a few weeks, then it'll be a problem. He had a bad game, is what it is. Build on it and move on. That's what the greats do.

(08-21-2021, 12:50 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Chase will be fine, but I think Tee is the real #1 WR on this team and that will probably continue a while.

Couldn't agree more. I REALLY liked that pick last year. After seeing him this year, I really LOVE the pick. 

*focusing is the key word here.

(08-21-2021, 02:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
*focusing is the key word here.

I think he was focusing on trying to take that one in the seam to the house a little too much...lol. Had he caught that one, he just might've.