Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Sled21 - 08-21-2021

Good grief, you guys know these posts stay here forever, right? Chase is fine. He is NOT soft. He is not John Ross. What he is, is a little rusty, a rookie trying to do to much looking uphill before the catch, and a receiver catching balls from a QB who he is not used to throwing to him in practice. Might want to give him a minute before labeling him a bust, a John Ross, or calling him soft. Geeze.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nicomo Cosca - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 12:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: didnt catch the game ( i was at a dodger game here in LA) but damn..hearing about all these drops from Chase is giving me serious concerns that we made yet another BAD high draft choice. Seeing his pre draft highlites, I recall he was more impressive making those sticky grabs then being a true deep threat....and now this seems to be in question?? WTF, I hope he figures it out soon. someone said he has the "yips" ...I hope thats all it is.  How are the other high pick WRs doing? Waddle, Smith?  I liked Waddle, he had the jets we needed and I thought good hands too.      

Smith had a shaky game vs NE. Including a couple drops. Don’t even think Waddle played in the Dolphins only game so far. But he’s apparently been great in TC.

Anyway, it’s beyond silly to worry about having made a “BAD” choice after only 2 preseason games. Chase is 21 years old ffs. He is not a finished product.

ETA: actually Waddle did play on ST apparently. Don’t see any receptions though.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bfine32 - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief, you guys know these posts stay here forever, right? Chase is fine. He is NOT soft. He is not John Ross. What he is, is a little rusty, a rookie trying to do to much looking uphill before the catch, and a receiver catching balls from a QB who he is not used to throwing to him in practice. Might want to give him a minute before labeling him a bust, a John Ross, or calling him soft. Geeze.

Why can't folks call out a poor performance when they see it? JaMaar looked like the game was too big for him last night and reports from camp are that he has struggled.

What's sillier: Pointing out a bad performance or White Knighting the bad performance based on nothing but results as an amateur 2 years ago? 

(08-21-2021, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why can't folks call out a poor performance when they see it? JaMaar looked like the game was too big for him last night and reports from camp are that he has struggled.

What's sillier: Pointing out a bad performance or White Knighting the bad performance based on nothing but results as an amateur 2 years ago? 

Calling him John Ross or a bust after a single poor preseason game is definitely sillier.

(08-21-2021, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why can't folks call out a poor performance when they see it? JaMaar looked like the game was too big for him last night and reports from camp are that he has struggled.

You can definitely call out a bad performance. If someone says Chase had a bad night and could not catch the ball, that would be a legit statement. Declaring him too soft to play in the NFL, or calling him the next John Ross is more than a little over the top unless someone is just trolling.

(08-21-2021, 12:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Calling him John Ross or a bust after a single poor preseason game is definitely sillier.

It's why I call him JaMaar Ross and will continue to do so until he proves it on the field.

The exact same reasoning I use for being excited by an unheralded draft choice such as D. Smith. 

I see better than I hear 

(08-21-2021, 12:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's why I call him JaMaar Ross and will continue to do so until he proves it on the field.

The exact same reasoning I use for being excited by an unheralded draft choice such as D. Smith. 

I see better than I hear 

Well go ahead, then... you are the one who will wind up looking totally silly.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Rubekahn29 - 08-21-2021

Didn’t he have a three TD performance this week in 11s? Is that struggling?

(08-21-2021, 12:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Didn’t he have a three TD performance this week in 11s? Is that struggling?

He did. Against guys like Awuzie and Waynes who are playing really well right now. I’m not excusing the drops (it was a bad night), but he’s been coming along nicely when he’s catching passes from Joe.

Fanboys are funny. Folks that know anything know I'm one of the most optimistic posters in this forum, but when players who have proved nothing in the NFL perform poorly I have 0 issue with folks comparing them to other players who shined in college and flopped in the NFL.

It is far too early to call JaMaar a "bust" and anyone who does so at this point is clueless. We all hope (well except 1 or 2) that JaMarr shines and I think he will (although I've always contended Tee will be WR#1) but he's struggling now.

(08-21-2021, 12:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Didn’t he have a three TD performance this week in 11s? Is that struggling?

Nope. Now do you need me to share reports of him struggling in TC or can we just agree they are there?

(08-21-2021, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fanboys are funny. Folks that know anything know I'm one of the most optimistic posters in this forum, but when players who have proved nothing in the NFL perform poorly I have 0 issue with folks comparing them to other players who shined in college and flopped in the NFL.

It is far too early to call JaMaar a "bust" and anyone who does so at this point is clueless. We all hope (well except 1 or 2) that JaMarr shines and I think he will (although I've always contended Tee will be WR#1) but he's struggling now.

Can you at least admit there’s a huge difference between what John Ross did at Washington and what Chase did against the best of the best in the SEC and playoffs? To me that gives much more reason for optimism with Chase. He balled out against the best competition in all of college at 19. I just don’t see this as anywhere close to a John Ross situation.

(08-21-2021, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fanboys are funny. Folks that know anything know I'm one of the most optimistic posters in this forum, but when players who have proved nothing in the NFL perform poorly I have 0 issue with folks comparing them to other players who shined in college and flopped in the NFL.

Quote:It's why I call him JaMaar Ross

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Rubekahn29 - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope. Now do you need me to share reports of him struggling in TC or can we just agree they are there?

Joe Burrow also struggled in camp. We going to call him Joe Klingler?

(08-21-2021, 12:33 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Joe Burrow also struggled in camp. We going to call him Joe Klingler?

Joe Burrow has proved it at the NFL level. 

Good observation from Goodberry here.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - UKWhoDey - 08-21-2021

JFC...the guy hasn't played a single snap of real meaningful NFL football. This thread is brutal. FWIW I was team Sewell in the draft....but more so team "fix the ***** OL first then get specialty guys." Chase will be just fine. I'd still rather we did more to protect Joe and also bolster our run game, help both Joe's as it were. But I'm not crying over getting Chase. I'm a UK guy....watched plenty of LSU. Not remotely worried about him having the skills to pay the bills.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Frank Booth - 08-21-2021

Couple people make jamarr jokes and some posters start crying about it

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - ah5 - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 11:56 AM)EasyPeasy Wrote: A backup qb almost got Chase put in an ambulance, if not for the kind starter for Washington pulling back on the free hit. I wouldn't trust that qb to not do that again, and once Washington's backups were in fighting for jobs there would be no pulling back from free hits. Letting Chase stay in to work on his head game would have been nice but very risky imo.
1 was a hospital pass, I don't argue that. The other 2 drops were embarrassing. Top 10 wide receivers catch those. Saw him doing 1 handed catches in TC. He knows your allowed to use both rand's right?

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-21-2021

(08-21-2021, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He did. Against guys like Awuzie and Waynes who are playing really well right now. I’m not excusing the drops (it was a bad night), but he’s been coming along nicely when he’s catching passes from Joe.

Man, Awuzie deserves his own thread.... that cat is playing some very good ball early. Yeah, it's preseason and all, but he has been like flypaper on his man so far