Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bengalguy71 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 12:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Look at the stats

Some people really overrate Tate lol

Slow as molasses and is the opposite of a red zone threat

https://youtu.be/8lR0KDLwMLk

https://youtu.be/JbsAwYg9LYE

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Frank Booth - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 12:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: https://youtu.be/8lR0KDLwMLk

https://youtu.be/JbsAwYg9LYE

Lmao are you serious? Oof

Bro that’s like claiming John Ross is good because of how fast he is

Just stop it

Tate is where he belongs. As a #4

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Synric - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 12:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Most people knew the trenches had to be sorted first. Once the bengals only added Reiff, people knew we needed an elite o-line prospect.

Ja'Marr Chase was the higher rated prospect. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - blt4584 - 08-25-2021

I wonder what the reaction would be if we took Sewell and he was having the same struggles in pass pro here that he is in Detriot.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 10:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://theathletic.com/2788473/2021/08/25/bengals-doing-what-they-can-to-help-rookie-wr-jamarr-chase-work-through-drop-issues/?source=emp_shared_article

Bengals doing all they can to salvage the Chase pick.

Of course Dehner wrote it and of course the, "Sky is falling," people, are the ones to post it here and lap it up.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - GreenCornBengal - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 12:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Go cry about it.

I’ve never said one bad thing about chase personally, and think he’ll be a fine receiver

But I absolutely do not blame people being rubbed the wrong way with the drops and now this. Plus most people didn’t want him on the team in the first place

This is how fandoms are. I have no doubt he’ll be a productive player here in cincy

If we drafted Sewell, we’d be whining about how he isn’t blocking well.

If we drafted Micah Parsons, we’d be complaining about how he can’t cover TEs.

If we drafted Waddle or Smith, we’d be crying about their injury history at the first sign of a blister.

If we drafted Surtain, we’d by crying about how he doesn’t intercept every pass thrown his way.

All this before even reaching the regular season. My point is, we love to whine whine whine instead of just waiting until some meaningful games to make a more educated opinion on the guy. Everyone has their narrative and for some reason instead of rooting for a guy who is going to be a Bengal to start his career they want to chastise them to prove they were right all along. I just think the motives are asinine.

Agree with you though, all fan bases are like this… it’s just Americans lol.

Gonna go cry about it now.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - BritishBengal - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 12:40 PM)blt4584 Wrote: I wonder what the reaction would be if we took Sewell and he was having the same struggles in pass pro here that he is in Detriot.

We aren't allowed to talk about that. He would obviously be exceptional.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Sled21 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 12:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If we drafted Sewell, we’d be whining about how he isn’t blocking well.

If we drafted Micah Parsons, we’d be complaining about how he can’t cover TEs.

If we drafted Waddle or Smith, we’d be crying about their injury history at the first sign of a blister.

If we drafted Surtain, we’d by crying about how he doesn’t intercept every pass thrown his way.

All this before even reaching the regular season. My point is, we love to whine whine whine instead of just waiting until some meaningful games to make a more educated opinion on the guy. Everyone has their narrative and for some reason instead of rooting for a guy who is going to be a Bengal to start his career they want to chastise them to prove they were right all along. I just think the motives are asinine.

Agree with you though, all fan bases are like this… it’s just Americans lol.

Gonna go cry about it now.

We? Don't include me in that statement. I'm on record that it's just rookie 1st camp growing pains and he will be fine. We aren't even close to the start of the season yet.

(08-25-2021, 12:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase was the higher rated prospect. 

So was John Ross!

(08-25-2021, 12:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao are you serious? Oof

Bro that’s like claiming John Ross is good because of how fast he is

Just stop it

Tate is where he belongs. As a #4

He’s 6’5” Coach Booth! ? If Dalton can put it within Tate’s reach, Burrow could dime it every time!

Just in case you missed it John Ross!

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bfine32 - 08-25-2021

(08-22-2021, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jerry Rice once dropped a pass

Ja'Marr Chase drops passes

Ja'Marr=GOAT

(08-25-2021, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 2 words..... Jerry Rice

The absolutely hilarious thing is: I was joking when I posted that 3 days ago...

Ja'Marr Rice..

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nately120 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 01:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The absolutely hilarious thing is: I was joking when I posted that 3 days ago...

Ja'Marr Rice..

I predict Chase will end up somewhere between a huge bust like Ross and the greatest WR of the modern era like Rice.  Bold, I know.

Ja'Marr R-i/o-ce/ss

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 12:40 PM)blt4584 Wrote: I wonder what the reaction would be if we took Sewell and he was having the same struggles in pass pro here that he is in Detriot.

Sewell has looked good in game action. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Sled21 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 01:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The absolutely hilarious thing is: I was joking when I posted that 3 days ago...

Ja'Marr Rice..

Quote:
Quote:by Mike Tanier

Twenty-one years ago this week, Bill Walsh stood before the skeptical Bay Area media and defended a controversial decision. He told them that the 49ers' troubled rookie wide receiver would remain a starter despite several bad performances.
The rookie's name was Jerry Rice.
The 49ers, fresh off a victory in Super Bowl XIX, were 6-5 and fighting for their playoff lives. Joe Montana's passing numbers were off. Rice, the team's top draft pick, had 26 receptions in 11 games, but he also dropped 10 balls, some of them at the worst possible times. He was coming off a game in which he dropped two passes, fumbled once, and caught just one pass. Niners fans booed the rookie; local columnists made him the butt of jokes. Freddie Solomon, a respected veteran who caught touchdown passes in 10 straight games in 1984, had become the invisible man in the Niners offense while Montana and Rice played pitch 'n' drop.
But Walsh held his ground, supported Rice, and kept him in the weekly gameplan. "At some point, the boos will turn to cheers," predicted Walsh during a press conference on November 18th, 1985.
That point was only a few weeks away.

So we need to boo Chase to enter the next phase of "make him Jerry Rice."

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bfine32 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 01:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So we need to boo Chase to enter the next phase of "make him Jerry Rice."

We just need Zac to support him; then we can have: Zac=Bill Walsh

(08-25-2021, 02:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We just need Zac to support him; then we can have: Zac=Bill Walsh

Chuck Noll had 3 losing seasons before he started winning and then went on to win 4 SBs, so even if ZT stiffs this year we can't say he won't be a HOF HC.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Rubekahn29 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 01:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sewell has looked good in game action. 

That doesn’t seem to be the consensus opinion by unbiased individuals.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 08-25-2021

Well I specifically watched him when I had the chance and thought he did fine. I remember hearing he had some missed blocks in practice, but when I saw him in the game I thought he was solid. He had one sack in the first drive but settled in nicely game one for sure.

Not sure who the unbiased individuals are, but he isn't catching the heat Chase is. Nationally or locally.