Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Frank Booth - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I specifically watched him when I had the chance and thought he did fine. I remember hearing he had some missed blocks in practice, but when I saw him in the game I thought he was solid. He had one sack in the first drive but settled in nicely game one for sure.

Not sure who the unbiased individuals are, but he isn't catching the heat Chase is. Nationally or locally.

I think rubekahn was ragging himself and the other sewell haters/chase fanboys

Because that’s the only explanation that makes sense

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Synric - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I specifically watched him when I had the chance and thought he did fine. I remember hearing he had some missed blocks in practice, but when I saw him in the game I thought he was solid. He had one sack in the first drive but settled in nicely game one for sure.

Not sure who the unbiased individuals are, but he isn't catching the heat Chase is. Nationally or locally.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-rookie-grades-heading-into-final-preseason-games-zach-wilson-head-of-class-trevor-lawrence-gets-c/

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - KillerGoose - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:54 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-rookie-grades-heading-into-final-preseason-games-zach-wilson-head-of-class-trevor-lawrence-gets-c/

I think this poor grade comes from him getting whipped in the Steelers game. Truthfully, he didn’t play bad in the Bills game. He gave up the early sack and settled in nicely after that.

I watched the Pittsburgh game and Ingram really just had his way with Sewell. He gave up three pressures in only 13 pass blocking snaps (23%). He really did look uncomfortable.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:54 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-rookie-grades-heading-into-final-preseason-games-zach-wilson-head-of-class-trevor-lawrence-gets-c/

Interesting this was posted earlier given Chase's grade.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - WVUHomer - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 12:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Most people knew the trenches had to be sorted first. Once the bengals only added Reiff, people knew we needed an elite o-line prospect.

It’s just the chase lovers were the loudest about their stance.

You are a bit blind to really think most people wanted chase to cincy over anyone else

Hell, every other fanbase and most websites questioned the pick to go with receiver at 5. You must’ve stayed locked up in your jamarr chase echo chamber

Agreed that trenches needed to be handled but most Chase supporters acknowledged that Sewell wasn't the only option to have that happen. 

Chase wasn't the only option for WR either but we also acknowledged that the draft was deeper at OL than WR so took the highest rated WR first and let the draft come to us for OL.

Chase potentially also had the added bonus to try and prevent an A-Rod situation from happening in the near future once the inevitable extension comes.

You claim the Chase fans were loudest but Sewell fans were televised with their choice before the end of the season. Chase only picked up steam for Cincy 6 weeks (roughly) before the draft.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Sled21 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 03:06 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Agreed that trenches needed to be handled but most Chase supporters acknowledged that Sewell wasn't the only option to have that happen. 

Chase wasn't the only option for WR either but we also acknowledged that the draft was deeper at OL than WR so took the highest rated WR first and let the draft come to us for OL.

Chase potentially also had the added bonus to try and prevent an A-Rod situation from happening in the near future once the inevitable extension comes.

You claim the Chase fans were loudest but Sewell fans were televised with their choice before the end of the season. Chase only picked up steam for Cincy 6 weeks (roughly) before the draft.

The "Sewell Fanboys" will never let it go..... Ninja

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 08-25-2021

I'm a Sewell fanboy but I honestly don't care about Sewell as long as Carman shows what he showed last game. So this isn't accurate that we'll never let it go.

The Chase criticism is on Chase and only Chase. We can't catch the balls thrown to him.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Joelist - 08-25-2021

Well Chase looked really good the last practice, let's see if he maintains that in the game.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - George Cantstandya - 08-25-2021

One thing about the Jerry Rice references. For every Jerry Rice there have been more highly regarded, highly drafted WRs that never panned out. Don't get me wrong, I fully support Chase and hope he is amazing. I think he will be once he gets more live action and starts catching a few balls with defenders around him. I just don't think throwing out the Jerry Rice comparison is a really valid argument at this point when so many more receivers that were also supposed to be great ended up being busts. If he gets over his drops and starts playing close to the same level as Rice then it will be a similar story as Rice's. I certainly hope that ends up being the case. :)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - impactplaya - 08-25-2021

Right now Jamar Chase's biggest opponent he has to face
Is in the mirror. He was beating NFL ready CBs on a regular
Basis at LSU
Penei on the other was winning one on one battles vs guys
That will probally never see a,NFL field.
Sewell was hardly challenged at Oregon
But Chase had to elevate his game constantly.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Mgbrown66 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 01:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sewell has looked good in game action. 

This is false.  I've watched both his preseason games.  He is struggling mightily in pass protection. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Rubekahn29 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think rubekahn was ragging himself and the other sewell haters/chase fanboys

Because that’s the only explanation that makes sense

Of course that’s the only thing that makes sense to you. Anything that requires a little nuance, I’ve seen you consistently struggle with.

(08-25-2021, 05:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Of course that’s the only thing that makes sense to you. Anything that requires a little nuance, I’ve seen you consistently struggle with.

*yawn*

This is the second time you’ve implied I’m stupid

It seems like it’s the only argument your brain is able to construct

Try a little harder, you can think of something with more substance

I believe in you

(08-25-2021, 05:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: *yawn*

This is the second time you’ve implied I’m stupid

It seems like it’s the only argument your brain is able to construct

Try a little harder, you can think of something with more substance

I believe in you

You make it too easy. If I recall, neither time today did I start the conversation by replying to you. You in turn respond to my post or try and take a dig directly at me with what only you consider a good post. Meanwhile you open yourself up to easy barbs because you never actually post about anything meaningful. You are, by definition, a troll. Funny enough, though, you’re terrible at it.

I believe the article was posted about his game in Pitt. He had a whiff run block and gave up a sack in very limited time the first game. And struggle mightily with pressure in the second game. Just like Chase, those are bad. However, like Chase, I expect him to be much better. Going around and saying he’s playing well though is equivalent to saying Chase is playing well. Both have struggled in their respective positions.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bengaloo - 08-25-2021

Meanwhile, the guy I wanted to trade down for, Rashawn Slater is having a stellar NFL start so far, but its goin under the radar of course. He earned an 86 pass blocking grade and allowed zero pressures in debut. The veterans are raving about him apparently. Herbert is having a great team built around him it seems. Btw, this isnt a diss on Chase. Im all about Chase, just would've preferred to trade back for Slater and got Marshall or Brown later....gator. A top 5 pick can bring a big haul on a trade deal.

https://saturdaytradition.com/northwestern-football/former-northwestern-ol-rashawn-slater-had-brilliant-nfl-debut-with-chargers/

(08-25-2021, 06:06 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You are, by definition, a troll.

Ah yes, the old reliable and cliched “troll”

this is getting really boring

Wake me up when you have something of note

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - GreenCornBengal - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 06:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ah yes, the old reliable and cliched “troll”

this is getting really boring

Wake me up when you have something of note

Go cry about it Ninja

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - NUGDUKWE - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 06:15 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Meanwhile, the guy I wanted to trade down for, Rashawn Slater is having a stellar NFL start so far, but its goin under the radar of course. He earned an 86 pass blocking grade and allowed zero pressures in debut. The veterans are raving about him apparently. Herbert is having a great team built around him it seems. Btw, this isnt a diss on Chase. Im all about Chase, just would've preferred to trade back for Slater and got Marshall or Brown later....gator. A top 5 pick can bring a big haul on a trade deal.

https://saturdaytradition.com/northwestern-football/former-northwestern-ol-rashawn-slater-had-brilliant-nfl-debut-with-chargers/

I really liked the idea of trading back a few from 5 we could've gotten a solid prospect and some good picks. I just wonder if we would've played Slater at LT or not. I think thats probably whats causing some of Sewell's struggles is switching to RT. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nicomo Cosca - 08-25-2021

Yes he is.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/jamarr-chase-penei-sewell-considered-nfls-worst-graded-first-round-picks