Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - rfaulk34 - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 02:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I specifically watched him when I had the chance and thought he did fine. I remember hearing he had some missed blocks in practice, but when I saw him in the game I thought he was solid. He had one sack in the first drive but settled in nicely game one for sure.

Not sure who the unbiased individuals are, but he isn't catching the heat Chase is. Nationally or locally.

Sewell got tossed around by an old Melvin Ingram last week, after his less than impressive debut. 

If he were here doing that, you'd be shitting all over him as fast as you could eat the spicy sausage chocolate bars and you'd be talking about how you heard that Chase dropped a couple balls but overall, he looks fine. 

You and everyone else that likes to shit all over people before they deserve it. 

He and Chase will both eventually turn out to be fine, but don't let me stop the sky is falling, raging, hemorrhoid-inducing, violent diarrhea squirting crowd around here. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - wanga - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 10:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sewell got tossed around by an old Melvin Ingram last week, after his less than impressive debut. 

If he were here doing that, you'd be shitting all over him as fast as you could eat the spicy sausage chocolate bars and you'd be talking about how you heard that Chase dropped a couple balls but overall, he looks fine. 

You and everyone else that likes to shit all over people before they deserve it. 

He and Chase will both eventually turn out to be fine, but don't let me stop the sky is falling, raging, hemorrhoid-inducing, violent diarrhea squirter crowd around here. 

Drama queens aplenty. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - BengalChris - 08-26-2021

I've read a few posts about Chase being another Ross. Granted most of these came after his dropsies in the Washington pre-season game, but I believe people are forgetting just how bad Ross was his rookie season.

During his rookie season Ross only played in 3 games (due to injuries and as a heathy inactive). In those 3 games he had zero catches on 3 targets and 1 run which he fumbled. It was worse than not showing up at all.

Now see this:

Quote:August 10, 2021 10:32 AM
Giants' John Ross: Injured at practice
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Ross departed Monday's practice early due to an apparent hamstring injury, Matt Lombardo of GMenHQ.com reports.

Ross grabbed at his upper leg during a 7-on-7 rep and immediately was tended to by the Giants' training staff. The speedster then spent the rest of practice off to the side, watching teammates. Ross has endured a number of injuries in his NFL career, including a foot issue that limited him to just three games in 2020. Less than a week remains before Aug. 14's preseason contest against the Jets.

[Ross has missed both pre-season games]

Chase may be a bit of a diva, but he seems to have some pride in how he does. Which is something I never saw in Ross.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Sled21 - 08-27-2021

(08-26-2021, 06:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I've read a few posts about Chase being another Ross. Granted most of these came after his dropsies in the Washington pre-season game, but I believe people are forgetting just how bad Ross was his rookie season.

During his rookie season Ross only played in 3 games (due to injuries and as a heathy inactive). In those 3 games he had zero catches on 3 targets and 1 run which he fumbled. It was worse than not showing up at all.

Now see this:

[Ross has missed both pre-season games]

Chase may be a bit of a diva, but he seems to have some pride in how he does. Which is something I never saw in Ross.

Ross figured out early in his career if he fakes an injury, he can sit on the sideline, do nothing, and collect a check. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nately120 - 08-27-2021

(08-27-2021, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ross figured out early in his career if he fakes an injury, he can sit on the sideline, do nothing, and collect a check. 

He also learned he could stand on the sidelines for years and Bengals fans would blame Marvin Lewis for his craptastic career here. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - fredtoast - 08-27-2021

(08-27-2021, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ross figured out early in his career if he fakes an injury, he can sit on the sideline, do nothing, and collect a check. 

Actually one of Ross's big mistakes was trying to hide the severity of his shoulder injury from the coaches.

(08-27-2021, 12:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He also learned he could stand on the sidelines for years and Bengals fans would blame Marvin Lewis for his craptastic career here. 

I have to admit that was pretty funny to watch 

Rant"MARVIN LEWIS NEVER HOLDS PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE!!!!"Rant

Marvin benches Ross.

Gaah"MARVIN LEWIS IS DESTROYING ROSS'S CONFIDENCE!!!!!"Gaah

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - GreenCornBengal - 08-27-2021

Ross had a big head coming in, but I think he had good intentions initially, he wanted to contribute. Remember he posted a video of himself torching someone in practice, derpy moment by him.

I don’t think his mentor at the time was doing him many favors either, especially in those last few years. Listened to an interview with #18 yesterday and basically sounded like he didn’t like the way he was used last year, it didn’t fit what he had done his entire career. Now he is comfortable in AZ in an offense that supposedly has him doing what he has traditionally been good at. I think he was miffed at the offensive changes, being franchise tagged, and the entire new regime. Both guys were OK just surviving last year and finding new greener pastures. We’ll see how it turns out for both of them.

P.S. #18 is my favorite player of all time here, not trying to bash him, just some observations from his interview with Willie McGinest.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 08-27-2021

I'm not sure I agree that Chase is a bit of a diva. He comes across pretty laidback. I don't follow him on social media, but I don't see him a Chad or T.O type personality (which is how I picture a diva wideout).

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jason - 08-27-2021

(08-27-2021, 02:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sure I agree that Chase is a bit of a diva. He comes across pretty laidback. I don't follow him on social media, but I don't see him a Chad or T.O type personality (which is how I picture a diva wideout).

He's not a diva... He has supreme confidence in his ability though. I don't want somebody who doesn't.

(08-27-2021, 01:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ross had a big head coming in, but I think he had good intentions initially, he wanted to contribute. Remember he posted a video of himself torching someone in practice, derpy moment by him.

I don’t think his mentor at the time was doing him many favors either, especially in those last few years. Listened to an interview with #18 yesterday and basically sounded like he didn’t like the way he was used last year, it didn’t fit what he had done his entire career. Now he is comfortable in AZ in an offense that supposedly has him doing what he has traditionally been good at. I think he was miffed at the offensive changes, being franchise tagged, and the entire new regime. Both guys were OK just surviving last year and finding new greener pastures. We’ll see how it turns out for both of them.

P.S. #18 is my favorite player of all time here, not trying to bash him, just some observations from his interview with Willie McGinest.

Fine, if that's the case, they should give their salaries back since they chose to be non-productive employees.

(08-27-2021, 02:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fine, if that's the case, they should give their salaries back since they chose to be non-productive employees.

Lol I’m sure all owners wish it worked that way. I do think the “just trade me” lip reading may have been accurate.

(08-27-2021, 02:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fine, if that's the case, they should give their salaries back since they chose to be non-productive employees.

AJ said to not tag him. Other than demanding a trade the guy was unable to avoid being stuck in a situation he didn't want to be in.  

(08-27-2021, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ said to not tag him. Other than demanding a trade the guy was unable to avoid being stuck in a situation he didn't want to be in.  

Naw, he took the money. He could have done a lot of things... like retire

(08-27-2021, 03:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Naw, he took the money. He could have done a lot of things... like retire

So he wanted to be a FA and your argument is he should have retired rather than playing on the franchise tag here?

(08-27-2021, 03:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So he wanted to be a FA and your argument is he should have retired rather than playing on the franchise tag here?

Yes, decline that $18mil or whatever he got to do the honorable thing… How selfish of AJ lol

(08-27-2021, 04:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yes, decline that $18mil or whatever he got to do the honorable thing… How selfish of AJ lol

It's odd to think anyone would think that AJ Green should have left Cincy the same way Carson Palmer did; by refusing to play and retiring until we traded him elsewhere. 

(08-27-2021, 04:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's odd to think anyone would think that AJ Green should have left Cincy the same way Carson Palmer did; by refusing to play and retiring until we traded him elsewhere. 

It is stunning.  Fans throwing guys like Green, Atkins, and Dunlap undre the bus in order to defend a head coach with one of the worst records in NFL history.

(08-27-2021, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is stunning.  Fans throwing guys like Green, Atkins, and Dunlap undre the bus in order to defend a head coach with one of the worst records in NFL history.

Hell, I was tempted to point out in the "will we regret Chase" thread that we weren't sure John Ross was a bust until he failed to be productive AFTER we hired the worst HC of the modern era.

(08-27-2021, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is stunning.  Fans throwing guys like Green, Atkins, and Dunlap undre the bus in order to defend a head coach with one of the worst records in NFL history.

I think it’s less defending the coach and more defending the franchise. Some fans are so loyal they can’t see past the many failures of this franchise over the years…. Others can only see the failures and not the good moments.I prefer somewhere inbetween.