Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Essex Johnson - 08-29-2021

Wow .. enough said

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Sled21 - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 08:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I guess we need to convince Chase that in-season practices are at 1:00 on Sundays...

Chase just has a case of the yips. Hits professional golfers all the time. You make a shot 10,000 times, then all of a sudden you can't hit the ball, no matter what you do. It goes away on it's own. He just needs to switch his change to his other pocket, turn his hat around backward, and stick a tee behind his ear.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - C0de_M0nkey - 08-29-2021

Just wait until he does this in a meaningful game.

Will we regret the Chase pick? - ah5 - 08-29-2021

Yep, he looks like garbage.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 08-29-2021

I don't see how he even got close to all those records let alone break them.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - kalibengal - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 08:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see how he even got close to all those records let alone break them.

I cant start believing how a 5th pick in a talent laden draft is doing this....
he right now looks like pure crap out of my dogs ass.  Im sorry, but catching balls in practice is one thing...he cant even make a catch in  a preseason game for god sake.  Hes even making John Ross look good now.   What happens if he has some serious drops VS Vikings? 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - michaelsean - 08-29-2021

How is he not in the entire game? What is wrong with this stupid ass head coach? Your five overall has dropped every single pass in preseason (except one?). He stays in the whole game.

And don’t get me started on our apparently seasoned vet QB who plays three meaningless snaps all preseason.

This coach is beyond ridiculous.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Sled21 - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 08:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I cant start believing how a 5th pick in a talent laden draft is doing this....
he right now looks like pure crap out of my dogs ass.  Im sorry, but catching balls in practice is one thing...he cant even make a catch in  a preseason game for god sake.  Hes even making John Ross look good now.   What happens if he has some serious drops VS Vikings? 

He was the #1 receiver in the NCAA. You just don't forget how to catch the ball. It's mental. He'll get over it. Burrow will throw him a few passes until he starts catching them, and that will be that.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - George Cantstandya - 08-29-2021

Hot take. Maybe Chase is faking it in the preseason games dropping passes on purpose as instructed by the genius that is Zac Taylor. That way early in the season other teams don't plan for him as much. Ninja

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - grampahol - 08-29-2021

Drops won't last forever..and if they do he'll be off my Valentine's day card list..

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Okeana - 08-29-2021

Chase drops more balls than puberty

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Destro - 08-29-2021

Concern isn't really if he gets over this. Concern is when he starts catching balls and some defender lays the wood on him. Alligator arms can grown right back.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - grampahol - 08-29-2021

They could always seamlessly swap his place with Tenton Irwin who doesn't count against the draft, but pretend he instead was a first round pick.. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nately120 - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How is he not in the entire game?  What is wrong with this stupid ass head coach?  Your five overall has dropped every single pass in preseason (except one?).  He stays in the whole game.

And don’t get me started on our apparently seasoned vet QB who plays three meaningless snaps all preseason.

My mind pretty much went from....

Chase dropped it, that looks bad on him
to
ZT is letting him take the night off, that looks bad on him
to
Chase doesn't seem to give a crap that he's sitting around doing nothing after putting total shit on tape all pre-season, that looks bad on both of them

TL;DR - Chase looks bad...and that's not good.  ZT's response to Chase looking bad looks bad...and that's not good.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Essex Johnson - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How is he not in the entire game?  What is wrong with this stupid ass head coach?  Your five overall has dropped every single pass in preseason (except one?).  He stays in the whole game.

So its coaches fault he cant catch right now

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Big_Ern - 08-29-2021

Maybe the stripe on the college football really helped him see the ball better

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - rfaulk34 - 08-29-2021

My only regret is reading this thread. 

If a guy goes all out in preseason and gets injured trying to get an extra yard or diving for a ball, everyone screams "why is he trying so hard in PRESEASON??!!". 

If a guy gets a handful of snaps and tries to avoid getting hurt, everyone screams "Ja'Marr Ross!!"

I think i'll just  Yawn until the season starts. The consistent drops will end after game 1, at the latest. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nately120 - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 09:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So its coaches fault he cant catch right now

It's a one-two punch, I think.  Chase looks bad and ZT is pretty much like "Meh, you were good 2 years ago in college, I ain't worried."  And then Chase is like "Yeah, I'm fine on the bench, I ain't worried."  

Culture changed!

[Image: 74415726_2653336778050365_70760837712120...e=6151F505]

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 08:45 PM)ah5 Wrote: Yep, he looks like garbage.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

Yup, you post like garbage.

Sewell lovers are so easy to spot.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bfine32 - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 09:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yup, you post like garbage.

Sewell lovers are so easy to spot.

I'm no Sewell lover..is it OK if I think Chase has looked like garbage this preseason?