Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - TecmoBengals - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 11:25 AM)Housh Wrote: Here’s a question

If we had magic GUARUNTEES that Sewell would grade as the best LT in the league as a rookie and Chase would grade as the number 1 WR who would you have drafted ?

Chase, he's Burrow's boy.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Stewy - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 11:25 AM)Housh Wrote: Here’s a question

If we had magic GUARUNTEES that Sewell would grade as the best LT in the league as a rookie and Chase would grade as the number 1 WR who would you have drafted ?

Chase - because we have a 1st rnd LT.  And you don't draft Sewell to be a guard.  If he grades out as the best rookie LT, then what do you do with Jonah?  You can have too many LT's, but you can never have too many (relatively) weapons.

On draft day, I was fine with either, but chose Chase in polls because he was ridiculous in college and it was clear when watching the LSU games (I watched them all) that he and Burrow had something special.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Nicomo Cosca - 10-25-2021

Just saw this on reddit and now I’m dead…

[Image: c5lqjyxfzlv71.jpg?auto=webp&s=140d9cfed1...4fa4ae784f]

[Image: nWu.gif]

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Stewy - 10-25-2021

^^^^^

Ok that's awesome.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Big_Ern - 10-25-2021

Good chance if SF didn't make that foolish trade up to number 3, we miss out on Chase. He and Pitts would've been gone by 5. Dolphins probably kicking themselves. Tua and waddle instead of Herbert and Chase.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - LSUfaninTN - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 08:09 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Good chance if SF didn't make that foolish trade up to number 3, we miss out on Chase. He and Pitts would've been gone by 5. Dolphins probably kicking themselves. Tua and waddle instead of Herbert and Chase.

Seriously never understood the Tua draft pick. The guy is made of glass. Has bust written all over him 

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 08:24 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Seriously never understood the Tua draft pick. The guy is made of glass. Has bust written all over him 

When I knew that they weren't going to trade down, I was terrified when there were rumors that the Bengals were looking at Tua instead of dealing with a potential holdout from Burrow. I never saw anything in him that made me go "That guy's a future NFL star" or that he has that "It" factor, whatever "It" is. You know it when you see it and when you don't. Tua can succeed in this league, but he needs a whole lot of help.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Big_Ern - 10-25-2021

You have to wonder if Burrow getting hurt and securing the pick to acquire Ja'Marr was one of the biggest blessings to ever happen to the Bengals. These two for the next 10 years (Burrow longer) are going to terrorize the NFL. You take Chase off of this offense it is a completely different deal

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - PhilHos - 10-26-2021

(10-25-2021, 11:46 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: You take Chase off of this offense it is a completely different deal

AS I said in my last post in this thread, we are not at 5-2 if not for Chase. I give credit mainly to the defense for our success, but even so, if not for Chase, I don't think we win the close games early in the season and certainly don't beat Baltimore IN Baltimore.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Whatever - 10-26-2021

(10-25-2021, 08:09 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Good chance if SF didn't make that foolish trade up to number 3, we miss out on Chase. He and Pitts would've been gone by 5. Dolphins probably kicking themselves. Tua and waddle instead of Herbert and Chase.

Dolphins were reportedly infatuated with Waddle during the draft process.  ATL was supposedly locked in on Pitts.  Miami likely did the trade down and back thinking they could get their guy and some extra picks.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - jj22 - 10-26-2021

As a Bengal:

John Ross - 733 yds
Ja’Marr Chase - 754 yds

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Big_Ern - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 12:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dolphins were reportedly infatuated with Waddle during the draft process.  ATL was supposedly locked in on Pitts.  Miami likely did the trade down and back thinking they could get their guy and some extra picks.

Fine, change it to if the Miami scouts had a brain...

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Earendil - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 12:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: As a Bengal:

John Ross - 733 yds
Ja’Marr Chase - 754 yds

That's just sad.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Housh - 10-26-2021

It wouldn’t surprise me if these guys don’t even run plays in 2-3 years. Just line up and call it at the LOS. They have ungodly chemistry

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Shake n Blake - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 12:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: As a Bengal:

John Ross - 733 yds
Ja’Marr Chase - 754 yds

As a Bengal:

John Ross - 10 TDs
Ja'Marr Chase - 6 TDs

The debate shall rage on...

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - rfaulk34 - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 12:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dolphins were reportedly infatuated with Waddle during the draft process.  ATL was supposedly locked in on Pitts.  Miami likely did the trade down and back thinking they could get their guy and some extra picks.

Preseason, everyone was going on about how the Dolphins are "doing it the right way", with their signings and draft capital. 

How they lookin' right now with Tua and Waddle?  Cool

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - jj22 - 10-26-2021

I still think Dolphins did it right with building up draft capital for the rebuild. We wasted a year (but got Burrow so all's well that ends well). But like many said during that time (I didn't, I thought even the coaching was better - it isn't), you have to draft well or all that capital (see Browns all those years) means nothing.

You also have to hit on free agents to build your program.

Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - EatonFan - 10-26-2021

Looking at the three (with Pitts being the lesser option but I was a fan) positions we were looking at in the draft I think we did well.

Sewell I think has turned out to be #3 on this list, but shows a lot of promise with Detroit.

Pitts is putting up great numbers with Atlanta (best pace in NFL history)

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kyle-pitts-on-pace-for-best-rookie-tight-end-season-in-nfl-history

Then of course there is Chase that is doing the same as a WR.

That a pretty impressive trio.

The top 3 QBs are a "Jury is still out" IMHO.

What does everyone think? Did we get the right guy or would you rather have Pitts (I know he went 4th) or Sewell?

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - Au165 - 10-26-2021

(10-26-2021, 05:58 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Looking at the three (with Pitts being the lesser option but I was a fan) positions we were looking at in the draft I think we did well.  

Sewell I think has turned out to be #3 on this list, but shows a lot of promise with Detroit.

Pitts is putting up great numbers with Atlanta (best pace in NFL history)

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kyle-pitts-on-pace-for-best-rookie-tight-end-season-in-nfl-history

Then of course there is Chase that is doing the same as a WR.  

That a pretty impressive trio.  

The top 3 QBs are a "Jury is still out" IMHO.

What does everyone think?  Did we get the right guy or would you rather have Pitts (I know he went 4th) or Sewell?

I said Pitts was going to be a game changer at the position like no one had ever seen and it has been a solid start, they were slow to use him early in the season though. That said, Chase can make an argument he is a top 3 WR in the league right now. Sewell has been better than people think and still may be the guy people thought he was but I actually think Slater is having a better year.

Overall this class is looking pretty stacked where we had our eyes and may have been a situation where we couldn't really lose.

RE: Pitts vs Chase vs Sewell - LSUfaninTN - 10-26-2021

Someone said in another thread that you guys wouldn't be 5-2 without Chase. I agree. I am a little concerned about the OL but they seem to be getting better every week. Wouldn't mind another stud but Burrow is getting the ball out quickly and adjusting the rush. I suspect he'll get a little better at scrambling as time goes on. His ACL might be "fixed" but there's no way he's running at 100%.

He needs to slide.

Also just a thought, at LSU our OL won the award for best OL. It was 100% Burrow being able to evade guys, if you rewatch games. He made that OL look good. Seems like he makes up for a lot.