Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - SadFaceBengal15 - 08-11-2021

(08-10-2021, 09:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: If only we had drafted Sewell....the whole line would block better, every WR would catch like they have stickem on their hands and Burrow could will the ball with his MIND to his receivers without ever winding up.  

What WERE we thinking?!?!?!?!

Having Sewell on this team instead of chase would completely fix the offensive line from it being a major concern with zero depth to a solid offensive line with depth. But instead the children in here along with the FO wanted chase lol. It will be bitter sweet watching burrow run for his life this season unless something changes

(08-11-2021, 07:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: These people don't exist. Stop it.

Yes, there are people who are probably dying to say I told you so, but not to the point where they're hoping for a miserable season just to rub it in some dude's faces on a friggin message board.

Nobody wants these guys to suck just to stick it to u libs don’t flatter urself it’s just simply exactly what was screamed at y’all that were salivating over chase. We have a dead qb on the couch u have a horrible offensive line worst in the league and arguable the best tackle of the decade in Sewell is sitting there just waiting to come be joe burrows best body guard but instead the bengals stay true to their roots and show again why they are inept to run a franchise and they select chase. And now we are here just before our first pre season game and the sky is falling on the offensive line. After what just happened last year that in every way is absolutely unacceptable.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - PDub80 - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 07:48 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Having Sewell on this team instead of chase would completely fix the offensive line from it being a major concern with zero depth to a solid offensive line with depth.  But instead the children in here along with the FO wanted chase lol.  It will be bitter sweet watching burrow run for his life this season unless something changes

Not true. The idea that Sewell was/is the only thing that would have fixed the O line is idiotic at best. It isn't/wasn't a this or that, black and white choice. To present or think of it in that way makes no sense and presents a falsehood.

The idea that you are excited to see Joe Burrow run for his life makes you a dip shit human.

(08-11-2021, 07:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: These people don't exist. Stop it.

Yes, there are people who are probably dying to say I told you so, but not to the point where they're hoping for a miserable season just to rub it in some dude's faces on a friggin message board.

You were saying? See quote below...

BTW, I know you hate it when I call these mouth breathers out for being idiots because they're patrons of the board... but come the F on, dude. What's bolded below is absurd to say....

(08-11-2021, 07:48 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Having Sewell on this team instead of chase would completely fix the offensive line from it being a major concern with zero depth to a solid offensive line with depth.  But instead the children in here along with the FO wanted chase lol.  It will be bitter sweet watching burrow run for his life this season unless something changes

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - NUGDUKWE - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 07:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I look at the bengals track history of evaluating offensive lineman and I worry when they go against the grain and grab a guy like Carman in the second when he’s got a 4th round grade.  Couple that with out of shape for whatever reason maybe a injury is still reason to stay away the bengals were and are not in a position to grab a guy and develop him over time this oline needs help desperately now... and drafting chase first and then Carman in the second doesn’t help the oline at all right now.  Yes bringing in Reiff was helpful but mainly cuz he replaced a back up tackle who was starting here.  Reiff is on the wrong side of 30 hasn’t played at a high level for a year or so not saying he’s bad cuz sadly he’s the best tackle we have but Riley Reiff isn’t worrying a single defensive end that looks at us on the schedule.  I like the resigning of Spain and I’m hopeful that he’s as good as he says he’s gonna be this year but regardless he still comes from that horrific oline last year.  Everyone of our olineman comes with a big question mark.  I don’t want familiar faces on the oline other than Jonah we need new good veteran blood and this line has question marks up n down the line still after an offseason to make it better for your dead franchise qb.  The bengals have done a horrible job this offseason attacking the offensive line and now u have a 4th rounder challenging Carman for snaps.....at the back up position.  Not starting snaps but back up snaps...yippie.  Now if there was good news coming out of camp about Carman then a 4th rounder pressing him for snaps could be a good thing however Carman has looked terrible which is why the 4th rounder who’s had a few good reps here n there is challenging him.  It’s pretty dubious across the board man.   God bless burrow this year good lord
This does bring up an excellent point. Just look how the Bengals have attacked the defensive side of the ball the past couple years. For better or worse it's completely reconstructed. Really just compare what they did with the D line this offseason. If you know your taking Chase which I feel like they knew if he was there then get the big name guard in free agency. 
I know the Bengals are on the cheap side but I do wish they'd look at the spot we're in and realize this is a window to pay some guys before you have to pay Burrow. Then draft the guys that can learn and grow for a year or two to take over. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Shake n Blake - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 08:09 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You were saying? See quote below...

BTW, I know you hate it when I call these mouth breathers out for being idiots because they're patrons of the board... but come the F on, dude....

I guess you don't know the definition of bittersweet.

That would imply that the sweet would be rubbing noses in it, but the bitter would be suffering through a losing season.

This doesn't suggest that even SadFaceBengal would PREFER such an outcome.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - SuperBowlBound! - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 08:10 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This does bring up an excellent point. Just look how the Bengals have attacked the defensive side of the ball the past couple years. For better or worse it's completely reconstructed. Really just compare what they did with the D line this offseason. If you know your taking Chase which I feel like they knew if he was there then get the big name guard in free agency. 
I know the Bengals are on the cheap side but I do wish they'd look at the spot we're in and realize this is a window to pay some guys before you have to pay Burrow. Then draft the guys that can learn and grow for a year or two to take over. 

For the life of me I will never figure out why we did not back up the brinks truck for Thuney.
He would have filled a position of desperate need.

Why sign Larry Ogunjobi (who I have nothing against) and fill up your defensive line room but ignore the biggest position of need LG.

Joe Burrow may have his confidence back but he would feel much more comfortable having an All Pro at LG.

I did not have a problem with them not drafting Sewell because I think OL is better filled with proven players.

I hope things work out.

I do think Burrow was probably alot bigger of an influence than any of us realize in the decision to take Chase. But that is just speculation and not sure how much better that is either way.

But I do think it's ridiculous to think having Chase makes the oline better and I just saw a clip were Pollack mentioned that and I want to say some of the other coaches might have said that as well. I mean what skill player out there is so good that they make up for OL deficiencies other than an evasive QB. Even if there is one or two it would be unrealistic to think any player you draft is that before a game is played.

(08-11-2021, 08:19 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: For the life of me I will never figure out why we did not back up the brinks truck for Thuney.
He would have filled a position of desperate need.

Why sign Larry Ogunjobi (who I have nothing against) and fill up your defensive line room but ignore the biggest position of need LG.

Joe Burrow may have his confidence back but he would feel much more comfortable having an All Pro at LG.

I did not have a problem with them not drafting Sewell because I think OL is better filled with proven players.

I hope things work out.

Yeah I usually don't get too excited for free agency because the Bengals aren't usually too active atleast early. After Thuney signed with KC I thought we probably never had a chance. He got a good contract from a yearly superbowl contender. But after hearing his comments afterwards he seemed like he would've really wanted to play here our offer just wasn't as good.

(08-11-2021, 08:38 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I guess the fact that there's any sweet in Burrow being hurt again = that guy's an idiot is lost on you. There should be no sweet to Burrow getting injured. To even say that is trash and for you to support, excuse, or back it up is trash.

Yea ur still not getting it but as they say u can lead a horse to water....

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 08:56 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I usually don't get too excited for free agency because the Bengals aren't usually too active atleast early. After Thuney signed with KC I thought we probably never had a chance. He got a good contract from a yearly superbowl contender. But after hearing his comments afterwards he seemed like he would've really wanted to play here our offer just wasn't as good.

We got Reiff for a much better deal and he gave up less sacks and had less penalties than Thuney and Orlando Brown last year.

I still don't understand this preference either. Our D sucked terribly bad last year especially on the inside Ogunjobi, Hendrickson,
Reiff, Spain and Carman is much better than just Thuney and Carman IMO. I hate getting run on and I hate having no 3-tech 
inside pass rusher like last season. If we can stop the run, get after the passer, finish on Defense it will help everyone and Reiff
protects Burrow more than even Thuney would. We have good pass protectors at Guard in Spain, XSF and Carman.

Once again, it is all preference in the players people want. I would rather build the team up as a whole then going all out on 1 or
2 players.

(08-11-2021, 09:02 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Soooo for those that maybe don’t understand the saying the bitter part will be the fact burrow is running for his life....now fallow the bouncing ball to the second part the sweet part will be me enjoying reminded u fools why drafting chase was moronic. Also for those that can’t read or put two and two together...for example who I’m quoting above...I didn’t say Sewell would fix the problem completely I said he would fix the the offensive line from it being a complete disaster with no depth like it is now to a solid offensive line with depth.  I didn’t say Sewell fixes everything I didn’t say Sewell fixes the entire line I simple said that right now our oline is a disaster with no depth and if u simply would’ve taken Sewell over chase like u should’ve done the oline would not be a problem like it is now and instead it would be solid and have depth.  Hopefully ur able to comprehend what I said however this is a board full of bengal fans like you so who knows what I’m dealing with.

Sewell isn't the only choice to fix the offensive line. It wasn't a Sewell or nothing proposition. That line of thinking is illogical and false.

(08-11-2021, 09:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We got Reiff for a much better deal and he gave up less sacks and had less penalties than Thuney and Orlando Brown last year.

I still don't understand this preference either. Our D sucked terribly bad last year especially on the inside Ogunjobi, Hendrickson,
Reiff, Spain and Carman is much better than just Thuney and Carman IMO. I hate getting run on and I hate having no 3-tech 
inside pass rusher like last season. If we can stop the run, get after the passer, finish on Defense it will help everyone and Reiff
protects Burrow more than even Thuney would. We have good pass protectors at Guard in Spain, XSF and Carman.

Once again, it is all preference in the players people want. I would rather build the team up as a whole then going all out on 1 or
2 players.
I like all the moves we made in free agency I just wish we could've got Thuney as well but maybe that's unrealistic. I'm optimistic with the O line this year and trust the coaches as much as i can. But I have been saying that every year since we let Whitworth go and it hasn't worked out since. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 09:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I like all the moves we made in free agency I just wish we could've got Thuney as well but maybe that's unrealistic. I'm optimistic with the O line this year and trust the coaches as much as i can. But I have been saying that every year since we let Whitworth go and it hasn't worked out since. 

We will see if it is enough. I understand being a jaded Bengals fan. We all understand. I just have to be positive especially this year
as I find it to be Zac Taylor's make or break season. He needs to go if we don't win at least 9 games and get a shot at the Playoffs.

We have sucked in the trenches on both sides since Taylor has got here. That is kind of hard to coach a team to overcome and to be
a winner. Turner and Eason were both pretty bad even though Eason got decimated with injuries. I like Hobby better.

Pollack is definitely much better than Turner and I already have heard the WR's namely Boyd talking about their coach Troy Walters
in a good light. Chase could learn a lot from Walters.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - bfine32 - 08-11-2021

[Image: no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg]

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - rfaulk34 - 08-11-2021

That makes zero sense. Having Sewell here means Carman is not here. The depth is exactly the same, except Chase isn't here and someone like Marshall Jr is. 

Whether it's Sewell or Carman starting...the depth doesn't change one bit. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - rfaulk34 - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 09:02 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Soooo for those that maybe don’t understand the saying the bitter part will be the fact burrow is running for his life....now fallow the bouncing ball to the second part the sweet part will be me enjoying reminded u fools why drafting chase was moronic. Also for those that can’t read or put two and two together...for example who I’m quoting above...I didn’t say Sewell would fix the problem completely I said he would fix the the offensive line from it being a complete disaster with no depth like it is now to a solid offensive line with depth.  I didn’t say Sewell fixes everything I didn’t say Sewell fixes the entire line I simple said that right now our oline is a disaster with no depth and if u simply would’ve taken Sewell over chase like u should’ve done the oline would not be a problem like it is now and instead it would be solid and have depth.  Hopefully ur able to comprehend what I said however this is a board full of bengal fans like you so who knows what I’m dealing with.

Ya, that's what Pdub was saying and Shake was wrong on your intent--which was very clear even before you confirmed it here. You are going to enjoy 'rubbing it in people's face'. 

It's not going to happen though. The line, barring major injuries, is going to be at least average and Chase will bring a lot of explosiveness to the offense. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Frank Booth - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 11:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That makes zero sense. Having Sewell here means Carman is not here. The depth is exactly the same, except Chase isn't here and someone like Marshall Jr is. 

does it though? I dont think you can say that with confidence

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 11:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: does it though? I dont think you can say that with confidence

You're absolutely right; Carman may still have been drafted, no doubt.

But I would hedge a bet that with Sewell drafted, they would've gone in a different direction at 38.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Murdock2420 - 08-12-2021

(08-11-2021, 11:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That makes zero sense. Having Sewell here means Carman is not here. The depth is exactly the same, except Chase isn't here and someone like Marshall Jr is. 

While I disagee with the statement Sewell would have fixed everything, I also disagree with the depth being the same. What if they go with Sewell, Carman, Ossai, and then get a WR in 4? Sure we have a different depth at some position, maybe they don't take Smith then in 4, we really don't know what would have happened next. 

And of course... none of it really matters, since we didn't draft Sewell. Just have to hope the line improves enough to give Burrow time.