Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Nicomo Cosca - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 02:03 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He has the TD record barring injury the yardage record an outside chance at the receptions record. He said night of the draft he was breaking all the records so far he has backed it up.

He needs 23 yards to break AJ’s rookie record for yards, and 8 receptions to break Collinsworth’s record for receptions.

He also joined some pretty elite company today;

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Whatever - 12-13-2021

(12-10-2021, 11:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: doesnt seem like a problem an offense guru would have.

Sadly, it is an issue.  They are paying Boyd $11 mil a year to be the slot WR.  Boyd also sucks as a boundary receiver, so if Chase moves to the slot, Boyd kicks outside and is basically just an overpriced decoy.  

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - XenoMorph - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 01:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sadly, it is an issue.  They are paying Boyd $11 mil a year to be the slot WR.  Boyd also sucks as a boundary receiver, so if Chase moves to the slot, Boyd kicks outside and is basically just an overpriced decoy.  

The options are there.... we just dont use them

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Tony - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 02:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He needs 23 yards to break AJ’s rookie record for yards, and 8 receptions to break Collinsworth’s record for receptions.

He also joined some pretty elite company today;

Who the Hell is John Jefferson?

(12-13-2021, 10:31 PM)Tony Wrote: Who the Hell is John Jefferson?

Played for the Chargers and Packers in the 70’s and 80’s. Had an amazing start to his career, including 2x All Pro and 4x Pro Bowler. Before my time though, so I have no idea why he flamed out after that (injuries? Off field issues?).

Also, google is your friend.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - TecmoBengals - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Played for the Chargers and Packers in the 70’s and 80’s. Had an amazing start to his career, including 2x All Pro and 4x Pro Bowler. Before my time though, so I have no idea why he flamed out after that (injuries? Off field issues?).

What if he has to post "What the hell is Google?"  Ninja

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Tony - 12-13-2021

(12-13-2021, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Played for the Chargers and Packers in the 70’s and 80’s. Had an amazing start to his career, including 2x All Pro and 4x Pro Bowler. Before my time though, so I have no idea why he flamed out after that (injuries? Off field issues?).

Ooops I thought it was a screw up for Justin Jefferson.. Well, I learned something today..
Pretty amazing considering the era he played in...

(12-13-2021, 11:35 PM)Tony Wrote: Ooops I thought it was a screw up for Justin Jefferson.. Well, I learned something today..

I think a lot of people probably assumed that at first. But Justin Jefferson “only” had 7 TD’s his rookie season though.

Speaking of TD’s, that first one Chase caught yesterday was even better than I originally thought watching it live. Not only the Chad-like footwork, but look at how he had to catch the ball…

[Image: FGge6nAXwAQqKkx?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Murdock2420 - 12-14-2021

(12-13-2021, 11:35 PM)Tony Wrote: Ooops I thought it was a screw up for Justin Jefferson.. Well, I learned something today..

Another fun fact from the list, the only guys on that list who won a Super Bowl, teamed up with Tom Brady to do it.

Without him, none of the names on the list reached one.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Nicomo Cosca - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 02:39 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Another fun fact from the list, the only guys on that list who won a Super Bowl, teamed up with Tom Brady to do it.

Dead Horse

(12-14-2021, 03:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dead Horse

Wanting the team to actually have success versus being all super hyped for individual accolades is a bad thing?

Fair enough... glad to see that the team being outside the playoff window with a tough stretch of games is acceptable as long as Chase produces big numbers. He could literally get 2000 yards and it means nothing if the team misses the playoffs again.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Shake n Blake - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 02:39 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Another fun fact from the list, the only guys on that list who won a Super Bowl, teamed up with Tom Brady to do it.

Or we could look at it the other way...Tom Brady always had fantastic teammates when he won rings. When he didn't, he lost in the first round throwing an ugly pick and looking like the end was nigh.

Not saying Tom doesn't deserve a lot of credit. Just not ALL the credit.

(12-14-2021, 03:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or we could look at it the other way...Tom Brady always had fantastic teammates when he won rings. When he didn't, he lost in the first round throwing an ugly pick and looking like the end was nigh.

Not saying Tom doesn't deserve a lot of credit. Just not ALL the credit.

There is no argument he had a lot of talent around him in his winning seasons and not just on the field, guy has had some great coaches around him as well.

It is just funny to me that the only two people on the list won a Super Bowl with the same guy. 

(12-14-2021, 03:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wanting the team to actually have success versus being all super hyped for individual accolades is a bad thing?

Fair enough... glad to see that the team being outside the playoff window with a tough stretch of games is acceptable as long as Chase produces big numbers. He could literally get 2000 yards and it means nothing if the team misses the playoffs again.

Oh spare me. I was on here weekly hyping up everyone else (Mixon, Tee, Hendrickson, etc) when were winning games during Chase’s rough stretch. You don’t actually believe that I care more about individual success than the team’s. I know you don’t. You were just trying to stir the pot with that post (and I guess shame on me for taking the bait).

I just refuse to go full on doom and gloom during the most entertaining season we’ve had in 6 years. Does it suck we lost 2 in a row at home, and have made our playoff road much tougher? Absolutely it does. Doesn’t stop me from enjoying watching Chase have the best rookie season we’ve seen from a Bengal in a decade. I can be frustrated about certain aspects of the team, and still be excited about others.

(12-14-2021, 03:29 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There is no argument he had a lot of talent around him in his winning seasons and not just on the field, guy has had some great coaches around him as well.

It is just funny to me that the only two people on the list won a Super Bowl with the same guy.

If that was truly all you meant with your post, then I apologize. I thought you were going back to the draft stuff again.

Moss never won one btw. OBJ has a pretty good shot this season though. Rams looked really good tonight, and are certainly contenders.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-14-2021

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - XenoMorph - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 03:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If that was truly all you meant with your post, then I apologize. I thought you were going back to the draft stuff again.

Moss never won one btw. OBJ has a pretty good shot this season though. Rams looked really good tonight, and are certainly contenders.

right moss was on that team that went undefeated till the superbowl

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - pally - 12-14-2021

#5 in total receiving yards with 1035
#1 in yards per catch with 17.3 2 yards better than the next closest
#5 in total receptions with only 60...25 fewer catches than #4 Cooper Kupp who leads has 113 (#5 out of the top 5 receivers not league)
#3 in touchdowns with 10...Kupp leads with only 12 (considering the number of receptions)

We have one of the very best receivers in the league statistically and he only has 60 receptions. The future is bright

Also in the top 5 is Justin Jefferson...that 2019 LSU offense was killer

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - TecmoBengals - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 01:20 PM)pally Wrote: #5 in total receiving yards with 1035
#1 in yards per catch with 17.3 2 yards better than the next closest
#5 in total receptions with only 60...25 fewer catches than #4  Cooper Kupp who leads has 113 (#5 out of the top 5 receivers not league)
#3 in touchdowns with 10...Kupp leads with only 12 (considering the number of receptions)

We have one of the very best receivers in the league statistically and he only has 60 receptions.  The future is bright

Also in the top 5 is Justin Jefferson...that 2019 LSU offense was killer

What's more impressive with Chase's stats is that he's had some rough moments of being shut out of the offensive scheme by opposing defenses and had some drops. Yet, he's still able to perform at super star level. I love having this dude on the team.

Let's not also forget what doesn't show up in the stats: His badass blocks.

RE: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Whatever - 12-14-2021

(12-14-2021, 03:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wanting the team to actually have success versus being all super hyped for individual accolades is a bad thing?

You would have more of a point if Chase's individual success was coming at the expense of team success.  

However, as has pointed out numerous times by other posters, when Chase doesn't have success, the Bengals don't have success.

Beyond that, he's a great young player that will help the team be more successful in years to come.  People should be happy for him.