Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
New baby boy names - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: New baby boy names (/Thread-New-baby-boy-names)

Pages: 1 2 3

New baby boy names - Brownshoe - 09-14-2021

I know I don't post very often anymore on this board, but I have identical twin boys on the way (they'll probably be here around Thanksgiving). Me and my wife (who just got married Sunday!) are still thinking of names. To be honest half the reason why I'm posting is because I'm super excited and want to brag a little and the other half is for names. BTW the Sunday game was even sweeter because she's from Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

RE: New baby boy names - CKwi88 - 09-14-2021

My wife and I had a hell of a time coming up with just one name LOL. Our at home language isn't English but since he will be raised, go to school and probably work here we wanted to go with a name that worked well in both languages. We ended up on Nicholas.

Congratulations! I'll confess that on more than one occasion I thought to myself "how the f*** do people do this with twins?".

RE: New baby boy names - Brownshoe - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 11:11 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: My wife and I had a hell of a time coming up with just one name LOL. Our at home language isn't English but since he will be raised, go to school and probably work here we wanted to go with a name that worked well in both languages. We ended up on Nicholas.

Congratulations! I'll confess that on more than one occasion I thought to myself "how the f*** do people do this with twins?".

Yeah it's definitely tough lol. Right now we have a few names we are thinking about. We've got Dakota (we met in North Dakota and that's where we lived the majority of our relationship so far), Ronan, Weston, and Elijah. We're still throwing around a lot of different names though. We don't want them to sound too similar too.

RE: New baby boy names - XenoMorph - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 12:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah it's definitely tough lol. Right now we have a few names we are thinking about. We've got Dakota (we met in North Dakota and that's where we lived the majority of our relationship so far), Ronan, Weston, and Elijah. We're still throwing around a lot of different names though. We don't want them to sound too similar too.

Dakota seems feminine to me  maybe cause i have a niece with that name.     (maybe use that as a middle name?)  not my call lol

RE: New baby boy names - Brownshoe - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 01:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dakota seems feminine to me  maybe cause i have a niece with that name.     (maybe use that as a middle name?)  not my call lol

Well Dak (Dakota) Prescott probably would disagree agree with you. Honestly I kinda didn't like it just because I didn't want people think I named him after a cowboys QB

RE: New baby boy names - Synric - 09-14-2021

Twins! Congradulations! I have Faternal twins one boy and one girl. I warn you now the second they could crawl to eachother they started fighting and havent stopped since.

RE: New baby boy names - XenoMorph - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 02:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well Dak (Dakota) Prescott probably would disagree agree with you. Honestly I kinda didn't like it just because I didn't want people think I named him after a cowboys QB

thats his middle name.

RE: New baby boy names - BengalHawk62 - 09-14-2021

Congratulations! Boy names were the hardest to come up with, at least it was with the wife and I.  We went with simple easy names, Isaac and Lucas, but had a list of top 5 names each time.  I remember Sam was one I liked but the wife hated it and she liked Gus, which did grow on me more and more.  Good luck with twin boys.  I don't know if I could handle that.  :)   

Another name I really liked was Josie, like the Outlaw Josie Wales.  

RE: New baby boy names - fredtoast - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 02:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well Dak (Dakota) Prescott probably would disagree agree with you. Honestly I kinda didn't like it just because I didn't want people think I named him after a cowboys QB

Too many Dakotas out there.  That name is played out.

RE: New baby boy names - HarleyDog - 09-14-2021

Just don't name one of them Fred and you will be ok.

RE: New baby boy names - fredtoast - 09-14-2021

Also have to consider the last name. You may not want to tell us, but it does make a big difference of how a name sounds.

I had two daughters so I never got to use any of my favorite boys names.

Reuben
Solomon
Wiley
Verlin
Einer
Alistair
Baltus

RE: New baby boy names - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 11:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I know I don't post very often anymore on this board, but I have identical twin boys on the way (they'll probably be here around Thanksgiving). Me and my wife (who just got married Sunday!) are still thinking of names. To be honest half the reason why I'm posting is because I'm super excited and want to brag a little and the other half is for names. BTW the Sunday game was even sweeter because she's from Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Joe and Ja’Marr. End thread...

RE: New baby boy names - StoneTheCrow - 09-14-2021

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8CrY_ZfFk

Anything from Carlin’s approved list.

RE: New baby boy names - Benton - 09-14-2021

Reuben and Cuban

Two best sandwiches, must make for good kids.

RE: New baby boy names - CKwi88 - 09-15-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't really care. If someone wanted to figure out my name they could just find my FB profile through my avatar here.... My last name is Brashear. She's really been pushing for Weston recently

Well there you have it! Weston and Easton! LOL

RE: New baby boy names - fredtoast - 09-15-2021

(09-14-2021, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too many Dakotas out there.  That name is played out.

But this actually doesn't matter if you like the name.

A three syllable name goes well with Brashear.

RE: New baby boy names - fredtoast - 09-15-2021

(09-15-2021, 05:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Well there you have it! Weston and Easton! LOL

Or he could use Northern and Southern instead.

That way "Dakota" makes a good middle name.

RE: New baby boy names - bfine32 - 09-15-2021

Always partial to Frick and Frack.
Congrats on the Twins

RE: New baby boy names - Sled21 - 09-16-2021

Many new parents always seem to want to get cute with their first kid's names, and fail to take into consideration that kid has to wear that moniker the rest of his life. I say stay with simple names that are common. That way when they are growing up and you go to places like Disney, etc, and the kid wants a keychain, mug, or whatever with his name on it, it will be there. Otherwise, there's sorting through the racks then disappointed kids. And then there's school. Case in point, my neighbor just named her son "Maverick." I can tell you right now that kids getting stuffed in a locker every day when he gets to school.

RE: New baby boy names - MileHighGrowler - 09-16-2021

(09-16-2021, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Many new parents always seem to want to get cute with their first kid's names, and fail to take into consideration that kid has to wear that moniker the rest of his life. I say stay with simple names that are common. That way when they are growing up and you go to places like Disney, etc, and the kid wants a keychain, mug, or whatever with his name on it, it will be there. Otherwise, there's sorting through the racks then disappointed kids. And then there's school. Case in point, my neighbor just named her son "Maverick." I can tell you right now that kids getting stuffed in a locker every day when he gets to school.

I knew a Maverick in college.  He was a dick.  But I probably would be too if all I got from people every day was Top Gun jokes Mellow

Naming kids is awesome (and congrats, Brownshoe!).  I found that having a top 2 (maybe 3) and then just deciding when they were born based on initial reaction was a good way.  But 2 sets of first and middle names requires finding a lot of common ground with your SO!