Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trae Waynes returns to practice - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Trae Waynes returns to practice (/Thread-Trae-Waynes-returns-to-practice)

Pages: 1 2

Trae Waynes returns to practice - pally - 09-22-2021

He will likely be listed as limited but its progress

XSF and Tee Higgins will both be out today.

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - XenoMorph - 09-22-2021

would this be his first practice?

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - pally - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: would this be his first practice?

yes unless you count training camp

However, he is reported to be working with Nick on rehab for the open portion of practice.  It may be due to not wanting to risk the hamstring in the chilly temps and steady rain (cue calls for indoor facility)

On other news.  Khalid Kareem has been seen on the rehab field for the first time since his injury.  

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - fredtoast - 09-22-2021

I am as frustrated as anyone with Waynes missing all these games. But hamstrings can be a nightmare for DBs and WRs. If rushes back too soon he will just aggravate it again and miss another big chunk of time. I have seen it happen before.

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - XenoMorph - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 03:34 PM)pally Wrote: yes unless you count training camp

However, he is reported to be working with Nick on rehab for the open portion of practice.  It may be due to not wanting to risk the hamstring in the chilly temps and steady rain (cue calls for indoor facility)

On other news.  Khalid Kareem has been seen on the rehab field for the first time since his injury.  

might be playing in the rain come sunday good to practice in it too...

But at least hes on the rehab field.

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - ochocincos - 09-22-2021

Can he play IOL?

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - GodFather - 09-22-2021

He did not participate today

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - jj22 - 09-22-2021

He must have got reinjured. I read he didn't return too.

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - pally - 09-22-2021

so much for Zac saying he would practice. complete injury report

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Tlawsonmariat82 - 09-22-2021

If waynes doesn't play Sunday then this coaching staff botched the roster again seeing that he could've been IR and somebody could've used that roster spot..

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Sled21 - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 05:29 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: If waynes doesn't play Sunday then this coaching staff botched the roster again seeing that he could've been IR and somebody could've used that roster spot..

Hmmm. Who would have used that roster spot and gotten playing time?

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Nicomo Cosca - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 05:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmm. Who would have used that roster spot and gotten playing time?

Maybe Patrick? I doubt he would have played, but it would have stopped him from being claimed by SF. Or maybe Moss? Could have got him a few targets.

Not a big deal really though. I just hope Waynes plays Sunday. But this doesn’t bode well.

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Murdock2420 - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 05:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmm. Who would have used that roster spot and gotten playing time?

Trayvon Henderson since they were using 3 safeties when Ricardo Allen was healthy.

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - bfine32 - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 05:29 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: If waynes doesn't play Sunday then this coaching staff botched the roster again seeing that he could've been IR and somebody could've used that roster spot..

We need our coaches to be better doctors. 

If it's as wet in Cincy as it is in The Ville, then probably a good idea to hold out someone returning from a hammy.

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Emeritus - 09-22-2021

Tiger
The cap hit is 5 million so they'll cuttle this bummy!

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Emeritus - 09-22-2021

Tiger

XSF is an acronym for bum.Ok
At this point just start the kids!

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Sled21 - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 06:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Trayvon Henderson since they were using 3 safeties when Ricardo Allen was healthy.

Isn't there another safety in front of him besides Bell and Bates?

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - bfine32 - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 09:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't there another safety in front of him besides Bell and Bates?
We picked up a former Steeler and he was on the 45 last week over Henderson

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Murdock2420 - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 09:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't there another safety in front of him besides Bell and Bates?

Brandon Wilson might have gotten more time, I'm not sure if they are willing to use him as a safety since they value his return skills.

There is another safety now, the former steeler, but week one when Waynes was ruled out there wasn't. Just a wasted roster spot to not IR him if he misses this long.

RE: Trae Waynes returns to practice - Sled21 - 09-23-2021

(09-22-2021, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We picked up a former Steeler and he was on the 45 last week over Henderson

That's what I thought. So basically, the only player they could have elevated that might have seen the field was Moss, but they clearly like three TE's in front of him, so he probably  wouldn't have been in either. They could have protected Patrick I guess, but he'd have just been picked off the following week. So it's a moot point and promoting someone to fill that 53rd spot would have meant nothing.