Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mixon might play! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mixon might play! (/Thread-Mixon-might-play)

Pages: 1 2

Mixon might play! - cinci4life - 10-09-2021

Sounding like Mixon could play in some capacity tomorrow now!

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/bengals-great-news-latest-joe-mixon-injury-update-01fhk00b3agc/partners/40734?fbclid=IwAR3-v2h_6odxhinR2KbsIcDsr4vna9hxGjRrc4pIQhfXuY1RsCEgXPw4z_M

RE: Mixon might play! - Murdock2420 - 10-09-2021

If he isn't able to go at full capacity they should just sit him out. Why take the chance of making the injury worse and missing multiple weeks instead of just one.

RE: Mixon might play! - jfkbengals - 10-09-2021

(10-09-2021, 04:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he isn't able to go at full capacity they should just sit him out. Why take the chance of making the injury worse and missing multiple weeks instead of just one.

This.

Although, I have a feeling that this might be more about keeping the Packers guessing until the last minute...

RE: Mixon might play! - Tony - 10-09-2021

I say start Mixon and rotate drive's with #25...If they try anything with Perin like they do Mixon, we will be in trouble.

RE: Mixon might play! - Tiger Teeth - 10-09-2021

(10-09-2021, 04:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he isn't able to go at full capacity they should just sit him out. Why take the chance of making the injury worse and missing multiple weeks instead of just one.

This is the obvious wise choice.  We can beat Green Bay with a slight change in scheme, IMO.

RE: Mixon might play! - HarleyDog - 10-09-2021

Sit him. Only pull in if needed.

RE: Mixon might play! - Synric - 10-09-2021

From what I understand they rested him until the last minute then let him go full go today. If there is no adverse effects from today overnight then he will be a go tommorrow.

If he can play don't sit him.

RE: Mixon might play! - rfaulk34 - 10-09-2021

(10-09-2021, 07:01 PM)Synric Wrote: From what I understand they rested him until the last minute then let him go full go today. If there is no adverse effects from today overnight then he will be a go tommorrow.

If he can play don't sit him.

Yep. They do what they do for a reason. He went full and if there's no swelling or soreness, he's ok. No reason to sit him. If he's swollen or sore, sit him. 

Easy Peasy

RE: Mixon might play! - Tiger Teeth - 10-09-2021

(10-09-2021, 07:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. They do what they do for a reason. He went full and if there's no swelling or soreness, he's ok. No reason to sit him. If he's swollen or sore, sit him. 

Easy Peasy

Easy Peasy?  What are you a 13 year old dude?
[Image: laughing-laughing-hysterically.gif]

RE: Mixon might play! - rfaulk34 - 10-09-2021

(10-09-2021, 07:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Easy Peasy?  What are you a 13 year old dude?
[Image: laughing-laughing-hysterically.gif]

And a half!!

RE: Mixon might play! - Atomic Orange - 10-09-2021

I'm fine in finding out what we have with Evans.

RE: Mixon might play! - Bengalitis - 10-09-2021

^^^^ this, that's why we have Evans and Perine. Get them going now so if they are needed in the Super Bowl, they'll be more than ready to go.  Tiger

RE: Mixon might play! - Go Cards - 10-09-2021

As Shake pointed out a week or so ago, Mixon's full capacity is already too much of a workload as is and needs dialed back a tad.

Don't get me wrong we definitely want him to get his touches, just not enough to kill him like we've been doing.

RE: Mixon might play! - pally - 10-09-2021

They still haven't downgraded him and as of yet no one (Williams) hasn't been activated from the PS. Doesn't mean things won't change in the morning though

RE: Mixon might play! - jason - 10-09-2021

(10-09-2021, 05:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This.

Although, I have a feeling that this might be more about keeping the Packers guessing until the last minute...

Skullduggery at its finest.

RE: Mixon might play! - BengalsRocker - 10-09-2021

A mysterious player is brought in to start.

Moe Jixon

RE: Mixon might play! - Essex Johnson - 10-10-2021

Hate to say i told you so.. but those that bashed Perine after what he did last year.. well i told you so.. he was solid today.. no doubt....

RE: Mixon might play! - Rubekahn29 - 10-15-2021

Careful you’re acting like you know how to make NFL personnel choices better than an NFL head coach or NFL organization.

Ok, I’m done now.

RE: Mixon might play! - SunsetBengal - 10-15-2021

(10-15-2021, 07:35 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Careful you’re acting like you know how to make NFL personnel choices better than an NFL head coach or NFL organization.

Ok, I’m done now.

And Mixon's usage last week was LP, as in "limited participation".  They should have just rested him altogether, and brought him back when he felt strong again.

RE: Mixon might play! - Tony - 10-15-2021

(10-15-2021, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And Mixon's usage last week was LP, as in "limited participation".  They should have just rested him altogether, and brought him back when he felt strong again.

I heard Mixon is full go.. No limitations, no snap count....