Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Having surgery tomorrow. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Having surgery tomorrow. (/Thread-Having-surgery-tomorrow)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - bfine32 - 10-16-2021

(10-15-2021, 10:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'll tell you one thing, these Oxycontin they gave me are quite nice.

Get well and be careful with the opioids.  

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - Tiger Teeth - 10-16-2021

(10-16-2021, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Get well and be careful with the opioids.  

They only gave me a weeks worth.  Pills aren't my thing though.  I'm good.

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - Vas Deferens - 10-16-2021

(10-16-2021, 02:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: They only gave me a weeks worth.  Pills aren't my thing though.  I'm good.

It’s FUNBAGS!!!

There’s my guy! He’s back!

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - grampahol - 10-16-2021

(10-16-2021, 02:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: They only gave me a weeks worth.  Pills aren't my thing though.  I'm good.

Spread them out. Too close together and you'll be going through withdraw.. I do know a little bit about a little bit about the subject.. Even a weeks worth can have some nasty consequences. It really doesn't take a lot to get stuck in a pattern for awhile.. I think I'd rather get my legs chopped off than have to go through withdraw again.. Nervous

(10-16-2021, 10:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: Spread them out. Too close together and you'll be going through withdraw.. I do know a little bit about a little bit about the subject.. Even a weeks worth can have some nasty consequences. It really doesn't take a lot to get stuck in a pattern for awhile.. I think I'd rather get my legs chopped off than have to go through withdraw again.. Nervous

I quit taking them, they're making me sick, and they're not really helping.  Believe me gramps, I don't want to be addicted to pain pills.

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-16-2021

(10-16-2021, 04:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I quit taking them, they're making me sick, and they're not really helping.  Believe me gramps, I don't want to be addicted to pain pills.

As a veteran of many operations I can understand why you were frightened in the first place. I’m so glad you’re recovering well and I absolutely despise opioids too. After my heart surgery I was given Fentanyl and not being able to poop, a common side effect of opioids, was far worse than the pain of getting my sternum ripped open with a saw.

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - bfine32 - 10-16-2021

(10-16-2021, 02:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: They only gave me a weeks worth.  Pills aren't my thing though.  I'm good.

I'll tell you this: I could get hooked on morphine very easily..

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - jfkbengals - 10-16-2021

(10-15-2021, 07:10 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Friday.  6:00 and I'm home.  My leg hurts like hell, but I've got new arteries!

I'm pretty late to seeing the thread, but I sure am glad to see the first half of this post!

(10-16-2021, 07:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As a veteran of many operations I can understand why you were frightened in the first place.  I’m so glad you’re recovering well and I absolutely despise opioids too.  After my heart surgery I was given Fentanyl and not being able to poop, a common side effect of opioids, was far worse than the pain of getting my sternum ripped open with a saw.

I'm with you on that.  It's easing a bit and I'm just taking Advil, also for the swelling.  My leg is really swollen, I was told to expect that.  Thanks for the well wishes.

(10-16-2021, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm pretty late to seeing the thread, but I sure am glad to see the first half of this post!

Thanks man.  

(10-16-2021, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll tell you this: I could get hooked on morphine very easily..

I had some right after my surgery.  Really wild stuff.  But it's pretty easy to OD on isn't it?

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - SladeX - 10-19-2021

Glad you're ok. I had emergency appendectomy 3 years ago. H ad a bad stomach ache, gutted it out, deadheaded home from Dexter, then got checked out and diagnosed at home. It was a good thing, because apparently even routine procedures are high adventure at Dexter's hospital! Anyway, glad your ok

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - Tiger Teeth - 10-19-2021

(10-19-2021, 03:25 PM)SladeX Wrote: Glad you're ok. I had emergency appendectomy 3 years ago. H ad a bad stomach ache, gutted it out, deadheaded home from Dexter, then got checked out and diagnosed at home. It was a good thing, because apparently even routine procedures are high adventure at Dexter's hospital! Anyway,  glad your ok

Thanks dude.

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - Tiger Teeth - 10-22-2021

Well guys, it's been a week since I've been home. I'm doing really well. I can already tell this surgery was successful, I am getting circulation down to my legs. I was to the point where I couldn't even walk to the damn mailbox.

But I'm up and moving really well. No signs of infection, and no addiction to pain pills. Lol I have my own form of "natural" pain management. Cool

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-25-2021

Late to the party, glad it all went well TT! Keep getting better brother!

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - Tiger Teeth - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Late to the party, glad it all went well TT! Keep getting better brother!

Thanks a lot buddy.  Haven't talked to you in a while.  Hope everyone is good on your end man.

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - grampahol - 10-26-2021

(10-16-2021, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll tell you this: I could get hooked on morphine very easily..

I've had issues with pain medications over the years from pills to heroin to fents and methadone treatment a few times.. I wish it hadn't gotten me, but it became my drug of choice for a long time after giving up drinking.. I've learned how to manage use, but I'd never want to go back to street drugs for anything. methadone is rough too, but a whole lot better than looking for a hit every day as a full time job.. When people get addicted big time it does become a full time job just trying to both afford it as well as finding it.. I don't recommend it for anyone.

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - BigPapaKain - 10-28-2021

I mean it's basically heroin.

RE: Having surgery tomorrow. - Tiger Teeth - 10-30-2021

Going to have all 600 staples removed Tuesday. Lol Well, maybe 50. But somehow I know it's going to be a lot of fun. But otherwise ladies, I'm recovering amazingly fast.