Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals Aquire Flowers - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals Aquire Flowers (/Thread-Bengals-Aquire-Flowers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bengals Aquire Flowers - jj22 - 10-14-2021

Tre Flowers CB. Off waivers from Seattle.

Seattle fans are warning us we took a L with this one. I don't know much about him.

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1448746876778553344

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - Au165 - 10-14-2021

That is a really nice claim. He has starting experience and is a solid man corner, wasn't a great fit with what Seattle was asking him to do. If Waynes is out I prefer him over Apple all day!

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - Joelist - 10-14-2021

May he blossom in our secondary!

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - GodFather - 10-14-2021

Flowers is currently leading the league having allowed 87.5% of passed in his direction to be caught.
Over his career, that number is 67.8% including 10 TDs, 3 INTs and 105 passer rating and 21 penalties.

He will make Apple look like a stud....

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - TheLeonardLeap - 10-14-2021

He's... uh... not good.

Then again, neither is Apple. So maybe one pushes the other to be a little better.

On the bright side, while Flowers has been terrible in coverage, at least he can tackle. Only a 5.9 missed tackle % vs 27.6 for Eli Apple according to PFR. He has a 52.9 overall grade from PFF compared to 42.5 for Apple.

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - TheFan - 10-14-2021

Good quality starting CBs don't get released for no reason. I haven't heard of him doing anything nefarious to warrant his release so....

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - Rubekahn29 - 10-14-2021

Another body. I’m sure apple will probably still start over him, but I don’t trust Phillips, and we have very little behind that.

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - MileHighGrowler - 10-14-2021

(10-14-2021, 05:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: Flowers is currently leading the league having allowed 87.5% of passed in his direction to be caught.
Over his career, that number is 67.8% including 10 TDs, 3 INTs and 105 passer rating and 21 penalties.

He will make Apple look like a stud....

Hard to know.  He's been in the same system his whole career.  I don't know how Seattle's scheme compares to the Bengals', but it's possible this is a good change for him and he excels.  I certainly hope so! 

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-14-2021

Has experience as others said and can tackle, I am down.

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - Sled21 - 10-14-2021

What's it hurt? They said the same thing when we claimed Reggie Nelson, and look how that turned out.

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - Tomkat - 10-14-2021

[Image: Bengals_95d9a8ea-209f-48ae-ad37-36930be0...4x1024.jpg]

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - NATI BENGALS - 10-14-2021

College safety converted to CB in the NFL. Pretty rare for that to happen. Not a bad flyer at all though on the waiver wire. Healthy 4th year CBs with a boatload of career starts don’t grow on trees. I’m not mad about picking up a young DB with loads of NFL game experience who probably feels pretty disrespected after getting cut

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - NATI BENGALS - 10-14-2021

I guess they didn’t have to make a cut?

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - jj22 - 10-14-2021

(10-14-2021, 05:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I guess they didn’t have to make a cut?

Did they make a roster move when Wayne got placed on IR (I can't remember). 

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - pally - 10-14-2021

(10-14-2021, 05:44 PM)TheFan Wrote: Good quality starting CBs don't get released for no reason. I haven't heard of him doing anything nefarious to warrant his release so....

supposedly, he requested his release but the Seahawks didn't seem to fight very hard to keep him.  

It's not like there are a lot of CBs out there right now to grab.  At least he can play on the scout team.

Seahawks board seem to think he is a player who desperately needed a fresh start...maybe Cincinnati will be that for him

From my good friend Doug Farrar

People need to understand Awuzie wasn’t believed to be very good when he left Dallas, it was similarly a scheme fit problem. I am very high on Flowers, he flashes high upside and I think he has far more upside than someone like Apple.

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - J24 - 10-14-2021

(10-14-2021, 05:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is a really nice claim. He has starting experience and is a solid man corner, wasn't a great fit with what Seattle was asking him to do. If Waynes is out I prefer him over Apple all day!

Don't we run a lot of the same stuff that Seattle does though? We're both single High defenses.

(10-14-2021, 06:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Don't we run a lot of the same stuff that Seattle does though? We're both single High defenses.

All single high defenses aren’t created the same. Seattle is one of the worst defenses in the league at showing a look presnap and staying in it. Similar how lack of motion hurts offenses, lack of post snap rotation hurts defenses. Seattle has basically ran the exact same stuff for a decade and people know how to pick on it.

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - BengalsRocker - 10-14-2021

(10-14-2021, 05:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: May he blossom in our secondary!

They'll bee glad they sniffed this one out.  Just sowing the seeds.  Need to arrange him properly in this defense.  Hope he delivers.

RE: Bengals Aquire Flowers - Essex Johnson - 10-14-2021

(10-14-2021, 05:44 PM)TheFan Wrote: Good quality starting CBs don't get released for no reason. I haven't heard of him doing anything nefarious to warrant his release so....

Well neither do quality guards and Spain did, he was cut by Bill's and though he bad start last year is having a off to a decent start this year