Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2021 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2021-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** (/Thread-Week-8-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Jets)

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - pally - 10-31-2021

I wouldn't be surprised to see an onsides kick to start the 2nd half. Hopefully Darrin will have his special teams guys on the lookout for that

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - Rubekahn29 - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: They've been outplayed and yET ARE STILL WINNING THE GAME. Explain how it's embarrassing to be outplayed yet still have the lead? Unless ou mean, it's embarrassing for the Jets? I know Tony didn't mean that, but what about you?

It’s embarrassing to be outplayed by this team in general.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - Awful Llama - 10-31-2021

Lions in the express lane to 0-8.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - Interceptor - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On the bright side, we've been a 2nd half team all year, and we're up by 3 at the half.

R-E-L-A-X

Yeah, same situation as last week.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - kalibengal - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: They've been outplayed and yET ARE STILL WINNING THE GAME. Explain how it's embarrassing to be outplayed yet still have the lead? Unless ou mean, it's embarrassing for the Jets? I know Tony didn't mean that, but what about you?

need to start 3rd Q with a methodical scoring drive....
need to change the narrative on this game....
reminds me of other games in a way where they look bad in 1st half and then wake up (hopefully today).

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - TheFan - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:40 PM)Destro Wrote: Hey guys, we are up by 3 to the basement dwellers of the league. Why so glum?

The bills are tied 3-3 with the Dolphins.

White has been throwing some perfect passes and looks better than Wilson. It's not like they lost some great QB and are way worse. They lost a rookie who was playing bad and may have their best QB playing this game. 

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - Nately120 - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:45 PM)GodFather Wrote: If the Bengals lose to the Jets, then they are NOT contenders. Contenders don't lose these games...

Ida know.  The 2011 Giants beat the Patriots in the SB after getting swept by Rex Grossman and the R-skins during the season.  The more you know. 

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - Tony - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:42 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Maybe there wasn't enough tape on this guy for the Bengals D to study?

Makes sense, but still it happens alot to them..

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - KillerGoose - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:45 PM)GodFather Wrote: If the Bengals lose to the Jets, then they are NOT contenders. Contenders don't lose these games...

Yes, they do. These games happen all the time. A single game doesn't mean anything. People love to moan and groan but volatility is the name of the game within the NFL. 

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - swilson3828 - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:46 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They do all the time.

Well there is a difference between being contenders and being Bengal teams that are contenders.  If they lose this game they will implode

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - Interceptor - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:46 PM)kalibengal Wrote: need to start 3rd Q with a methodical scoring drive....
need to change the narrative on this game....
reminds me of other games in a way where they look bad in 1st half and then wake up (hopefully today).

Need to cover the -11.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - PhilHos - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:42 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Haha  You will spin anything wont you?  Im not happy at all with the performance thus far, but Im glad you are.

Who said I'm happy with their performance? Just because I'm pointing out that with all that went wrong we still have the lead and that it's not a given that we're going to lose the game doesn't mean I'm happy with their performance. But, fact remains we have the lead and get the ball back to start the 2nd half, you know, the half where we usually dominate.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - iowahwky4cincy - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, some folks act like the Jets are Syracuse or something. This still a professional team with NFL talent. 

A team that, up until today, has been absolutely demolished, including 54-13 by a middling Patriots team just a week ago. 

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - PhilHos - 10-31-2021

So, the Titans aren't contenders either?

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - BengalFanInNJ - 10-31-2021

Seriously, the Jets have really themselves to blame for being down. The two interceptions were not White's fault and the fumble happened on a big gain. Other than this score now, there is nothing that I have seen so far that tells me the Jets will not win this game going away. They have been the better team so far. Hope the Bengals come out in the second half and start showing some damn emotion.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - michaelsean - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: They are getting beat by an UFDA QB on the exact same play over and over again. It is embarrassing.

5th round pick

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - KillerGoose - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:49 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: A team that, up until today, has been absolutely demolished, including 54-13 by a middling Patriots team just a week ago. 

Welcome to the volatility of the NFL. The Bengals absolutely THRASHED the Ravens, one of the better teams in the NFL and lost to the Bears, one of the worst. It happens. 

***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - bjf123 - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: A single game doesn't mean anything.

So all the people heaping praise (including a LOT in this forum) on the Bengals and saying they were maybe the best team in the AFC after beating the Ravens were all blowing smoke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - Shake n Blake - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know.  The 2011 Giants beat the Patriots in the SB after getting swept by Rex Grossman and the R-skins during the season.  The more you know. 

The Tomlin Steelers always seem to lose at least 1 game to a crap team.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets*** - TheFan - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 03:49 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: A team that, up until today, has been absolutely demolished, including 54-13 by a middling Patriots team just a week ago. 

They lost by 1 score to Carolina, Atlanta, and beat the Titans. Do you know what you're talking about?