Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2021 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2021-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-9-GameDay-Thread-Browns-Bengals)

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 05:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Browns don’t need Burrow to win. Mayfield is FAR more accurate in the Red Zone.

LOL

***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - bjf123 - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:06 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: If any coach still has his job after next week, I’m done with this team. I’ll start rooting for Indy.

You can’t fire the entire staff, no matter how much you’ll like it to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - matmaven - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If Zac gives the same press conference he gives after every loss, I vote his ass out.

He will smirk. He will act like this is no big deal.  He will act like everything is right on course for where he expected it to be.  He will say stuff like "we just need to keep working hard".  Don't get your hopes up for anything else.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - cincyfan429 - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:07 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Jax is gonna beat Buffalo, Denver BLEW OUT Dallas, Minnesota can still beat Baltimore... what a crazy day in the NFL.

And the Bengals still suck

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Von Cichlid - 11-07-2021

@ Raiders
Vs. Steelers
Vs. Chargers
Vs. 49ers
@ Broncos
Vs. Ravens
Vs. Chiefs
@ Browns

One look at that schedule just emphasizes how devastating that Jets loss was last week. That Chicago loss doesn't look very good either.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Destro - 11-07-2021

You throw out the highest of the high and the lowest of the low and who are the Bengals? It's a hard look for some. Just not very good.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - JumboTron - 11-07-2021

If any of you really believe a single coach, let alone ZT will be canned tonight, or at any point during the bye week you're just not living in reality.

I'm not saying it shouldn't. But it definitely won't.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - The Caped Crusader - 11-07-2021

Well, it's over. Glad I could jump into the thread and join into the negativity. Always nice to be called names and argue. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend off next week!

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Tomkat - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:10 PM)Destro Wrote: You throw out the highest of the high and the lowest of the low and who are the Bengals? It's a hard look for some. Just not very good.

They're 4-3, by that metric.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:06 PM)Destro Wrote: I'm not that hard on it. Not like it would have done anything to anything but the stat sheet.

True. Chase dropping a sure TD was the back breaker.

***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - CJD - 11-07-2021

It's hard not to blame the coaching staff when a team implodes to this degree. But we have to remember this is a team that is ahead of schedule in their rebuild. Burrow has had some rough games with more interceptions than you want but he's a young QB who is playing better than (and had more put on his shoulders) than most QBs his age. Compare what he must do to win a game vs what Baker has to do. Where Burrow needs to create the plays to win, Baker just has to not screw up.

At the beginning of the season, I said I'd want the coaching staff fired if we have fewer than 8 wins, so it's not like the Bengals aren't meeting our expectations thus far. Showing as an elite team before regressing to the mean shouldn't be held against the team, in my opinion.

We probably aren't a playoff team this year but I think we may be next year.

I do wonder about the coaching staff though. History is not kind to coaching staffs that don't turn a team around in 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - bjf123 - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:10 PM)JumboTron Wrote: If any of you really believe a single coach, let alone ZT will be canned tonight, or at any point during the bye week you're just not living in reality.

I'm not saying it shouldn't. But it definitely won't.

^^^This^^^

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Timanky12 - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:09 PM)bjf123 Wrote: You can’t fire the entire staff, no matter how much you’ll like it to happen.

Wanna bet, would anybody notice a difference.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Destro - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If Zac gives the same press conference he gives after every loss, I vote his ass out.

I liked the days where coaches would talk that real talk. Now it is all canned responses and PC tender comments. Or Belichick short and glum.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Bengalfan4life27c - 11-07-2021

Chase and Tee critical drops. 2 missed tackles 1 busted coverage a really bad decison by Burrow. We are not that far off. All this is fixable with a competent coaching staff.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Frank Booth - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Well, it's over. Glad I could jump into the thread and join into the negativity. Always nice to be called names and argue. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend off next week!

I apologize for the hostility but I didn’t call you any names. I did ask if you had a brain disease though, and I still stand by that question

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - GridironMonarch - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Well, it's over. Glad I could jump into the thread and join into the negativity. Always nice to be called names and argue. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend off next week!

Well, you know...that's what happens to The Caped Crusader on the reg, doesn't it? Just read the comics.  Cool 

BTW...who ARE you under that mask....oh, never mind.... Ninja  

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - cincyfan429 - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Chase and Tee critical drops. 2 missed tackles 1 busted coverage a really bad decison by Burrow. We are not that far off. All this is fixable with a competent coaching staff.

Oh yea Zac will fix things

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - treee - 11-07-2021

In a slump no doubt. This one was a gut punch.

RE: ***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - The Caped Crusader - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 06:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I apologize for the hostility but I didn’t call you any names. I did ask if you had a brain disease though, and I still stand by that question

I have Parkinson's,  yes. I was being truthful. 

All good. I get the negativity. I'm there with you. Didn't mean to make such a broad statement.