Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2021 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2021-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** (/Thread-Week-11-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Raiders--29324)

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - sonofstat - 11-21-2021

their defense is overwhelming us right now...REALLY worried about burrow in 2nd half - thought his knee was gone on that last play of the half

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - The Caped Crusader - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: One thing I've learned from that half is that Burrow is still a work in progress. He holds onto the ball when he doesn't, he hesitates on throws on occasion and he can be knocked off target when hurried.

He's still the future of the team, but I'm not convinced this team really deserves to be called a legitimate playoff threat at this point.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

People forget that A, he is human. B, he's barely played what...20 games? He needs some work and that is clearly obvious from anyone that plays football. 

Dude still has the best passes rating in the AFC and 8th in the NFL. 

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - BigPapaKain - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:24 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The D is keeping the raiders at bay.

I'm seeing the Raiders keeping the Raiders at bay. They kept shooting themselves in the foot.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - TheLeonardLeap - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:23 PM)matmaven Wrote: Some of you really think it's Burrow, not the "turnstile" offensive line.  He's missed a couple throws, but constantly under pressure.  No real running game except for the TD run.

He is also constantly feeling pressure before there even is any. Compounding a problem by running out of a clean pocket.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Synric - 11-21-2021

The biggest issue is not the players but the offensive scheme right now.

The Bengals are not marrying the Run Offense with the Pass Offense and it's been a big problem for a large chunk of the season. So far it's been 1 throw from under center and 1 run from the shotgun and that was to take it to the two minute warning.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - iLLuSi0nz - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:23 PM)matmaven Wrote: Some of you really think it's Burrow, not the "turnstile" offensive line. He's missed a couple throws, but constantly under pressure. No real running game except for the TD run.

I’d argue a few turnstiles would offer a bit more resistance than what we are seeing

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - reuben.ahmed - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:25 PM)sonofstat Wrote: their defense is overwhelming us right now...REALLY worried about burrow in 2nd half - thought his knee was gone on that last play of the half

I'm pretty worried about his knee. The way he's scrambling like nuts, I don't remember when Brady ever did that, jus throw the ball away and save yourself.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - rfaulk34 - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:23 PM)matmaven Wrote: Some of you really think it's Burrow, not the "turnstile" offensive line.  He's missed a couple throws, but constantly under pressure.  No real running game except for the TD run.

I'm officially off the "not terrible" offensive line. These dudes SUCK.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - The Caped Crusader - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He is also constantly feeling pressure before there even is any. Compounding a problem by running out of a clean pocket.

I will have to watch the game on rewind, but haven't seen much clean pocket. He's still taking hits well after throwing. 

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Browns Town Bengal - 11-21-2021

Looks like the Chiefs found their groove again. I wonder what thats like

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Frank Booth - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:23 PM)matmaven Wrote: Some of you really think it's Burrow, not the "turnstile" offensive line. He's missed a couple throws, but constantly under pressure. No real running game except for the TD run.

It’s a coping mechanism

They don’t want to accept that Frank pollack and Riley reef aren’t the answers

They really thought the 3 studs at receiver would just magically open up the running game

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - jj22 - 11-21-2021

Did I read "who do you want him to throw to"? Now that's superb trolling.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - bfine32 - 11-21-2021

Had to listen to the 1st half. We are winning right?

Also who gets the ball to start the 2nd half?

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - George Cantstandya - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Had to listen to the 1st half. We are winning right?

Yes winning Raiders get the ball to start the 2nd

People also need to realize Raiders don't blitz a lot. They are extremely effective with just sending their pass rushers, meaning they can keep 7 in coverage. Burrow isn't seeing people open because really there isn't. 9 pressures on Burrow already.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Browns Town Bengal - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Had to listen to the 1st half. We are winning right?

Raiders get the ball

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - reuben.ahmed - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:27 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I will have to watch the game on rewind, but haven't seen much clean pocket. He's still taking hits well after throwing. 

Yeah, I think he's getting hit every effing pass play.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Tony - 11-21-2021

Burrow has 78 yards lol..

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Synric - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 07:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm officially off the "not terrible" offensive line. These dudes SUCK.

It's the scheme the Raiders defense is filling gaps when Burrow is under center and dropping when hes in the gun.

Issue is the offense not the players.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - impactplaya - 11-21-2021

Is Joe automatically going to Chase as his
1st read? If so he is probally doubled everytime
Downfield. Higgins as only 2 targets all day.