Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals (/Thread-Chief-Fans-thoughts-on-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - CincinnatiKid - 12-30-2021

(12-30-2021, 05:44 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals will need a near perfect redzone game on both sides of the ball to beat the Chiefs. On defense will Chiefs will move the ball no matter what you do it will be about limiting points by forcing them to kick field goals. On Offense the Bengals won't be able to survive off big plays like they have been. They need to methodically move the ball controlling the game limit Chiefs offensive oppurtonities and score touchdowns in the redzone.

Basically the Bengals need to show they are a complete team to compete with one of the most complete teams in the NFL.

Lou is gonna have to show the Chiefs some looks we haven’t shown before. Reid and Spags are too good of coaches not be to unprepared for the Bengals normal scheme.  It will take a Lamar jackson special game plan that lou came  up with for the first Raven game. 

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Au165 - 12-30-2021

(12-30-2021, 05:44 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals will need a near perfect redzone game on both sides of the ball to beat the Chiefs. On defense will Chiefs will move the ball no matter what you do it will be about limiting points by forcing them to kick field goals. On Offense the Bengals won't be able to survive off big plays like they have been. They need to methodically move the ball controlling the game limit Chiefs offensive oppurtonities and score touchdowns in the redzone.

Basically the Bengals need to show they are a complete team to compete with one of the most complete teams in the NFL.

I’d like to see us try to play a modified double robber out of a two high look with the robbers playing as inside support (doubles) specifically for Kelce and Hill but settling in as a rat defender if they stay outside the hash marks. There is specifically one go to play the chiefs run out of Trips with Kelce in a nasty split and Hill in the slot, the run Hill on the deep over and use Kelce on a kind of rounded out to pull the outside defender down and get Hill open on the over.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Interceptor - 12-30-2021

I want the Chiefs to be at full strength. It will honestly show where we stand once the game is over. No excuses.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Joelist - 12-30-2021

I don't think you're going to get the Joe Burrow Bengals to be a methodical slow drive team all the time - the idea that they can score in a single play from anywhere on the field is just too core to the offense's personality. And really with the way Burrow has played for over three games now the best chance is probably to "let Joe cook". I would expect we will be going 6 linemen a bit more with one helping wherever Clark lines up and that Joe will continue the superb pocket navigation we have been starting to see.

Defensively you need to be doing stunts, twists and other goodies but overall you have to trust your DL to, again, cook. Probably put Logan on Kelce - Kelce will still eat to a certain extent but Wilson has the speed and he has the skills at playing the ball in the air to restrain the damage. I would also expect we could see the three safety look with Pratt out, and even possibly we might go all in and run 4 safeties out there or 3 safeties and three CBs. And of that group someone is going to have to be more in the box and MUST tackle.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Synric - 12-30-2021

(12-30-2021, 06:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’d like to see us try to play a modified double robber out of a two high look with the robbers playing as inside support (doubles) specifically for Kelce and Hill but settling in as a rat defender if they stay outside the hash marks. There is specifically one go to play the chiefs run out of Trips with Kelce in a nasty split and Hill in the slot, the run Hill on the deep over and use Kelce on a kind of rounded out to pull the outside defender down and get Hill open on the over.

Reid really likes that over route for Hill especially considering the list of defenders that can run with Tyreek Hill is very short. I think this would be a good game to get Mike Hilton involved as a pass rusher. 

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Nicomo Cosca - 12-30-2021

Steve Spagnuolo is (smartly) taking the opposite approach from Wink Martindale.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - M.W. - 12-30-2021

(12-30-2021, 10:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Steve Spagnuolo is (smartly) taking the opposite approach from Wink Martindale.

Probably a good idea, Joey B. is making a believer out of the nation and he's doing it fast.

Nobody thought Tom B would be anything at all less than 28 games into his career.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Interceptor - 12-30-2021

(12-30-2021, 10:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Steve Spagnuolo is (smartly) taking the opposite approach from Wink Martindale.

A compliment of respect.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Joelist - 12-30-2021

Yep! He's not going to do a Wink and give Burrow extra motivation.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - CincinnatiKid - 12-31-2021

I’ll give the Chiefs fans their due. Their message thread on the match up with the Bengals is 55 pages strong.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Tony - 12-31-2021

Do u realize how many front running bandwagon fans are probably on there? That's why it's 55 pages long. I don't know how people do that, it can't be much fun. There is nothing really invested..

(12-31-2021, 04:11 AM)Tony Wrote: Do u realize how many front running bandwagon fans are probably on there? That's why it's 55 pages long. I don't know how people do that,  it can't be much fun. There is nothing really invested..

Agreed and very true. If you are a Bengal fan and on this board then you/we are simply sadists 

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - pally - 12-31-2021

(12-31-2021, 03:48 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I’ll give the Chiefs fans their due. Their message thread on the match up with the Bengals is 55 pages strong.

Half those pages belong to the Cincinnati chili discussion

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Reroka - 12-31-2021

(12-31-2021, 04:11 AM)Tony Wrote: Do u realize how many front running bandwagon fans are probably on there? That's why it's 55 pages long. I don't know how people do that,  it can't be much fun. There is nothing really invested..

There are some but not many of us are bandwagon fans. 

There are more die-hard KC fans than bandwagon fans on there.

For example, I have been a KC fan since 1985, I grew up in Overland Park Kansas, lived there till I was 21 then moved to North Carolina.

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - TecmoBengals - 12-31-2021

(12-31-2021, 04:18 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Agreed and very true. If you are a Bengal fan and on this board then you/we are simply sadists 

Especially for those of us who watched the '90s. I'd enjoy it if the Bengals became a bandwagon team, it would mean we won it all.

(12-31-2021, 10:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Especially for those of us who watched the '90s. I'd enjoy it if the Bengals became a bandwagon team, it would mean we won it all.

No kidding. It’s amazing that the lost decades literally began the year Paul Brown passed away and Mike Brown took over.  I won’t  digress down memory lane (or nightmares) but it’s a fact

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Interceptor - 12-31-2021

(12-31-2021, 10:59 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: No kidding. It’s amazing that the lost decades literally began the year Paul Brown passed away and Mike Brown took over.  I won’t  digress down memory lane (or nightmares) but it’s a fact

What? Bill Walsh was on our staff? What?

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - Nately120 - 12-31-2021

(12-30-2021, 10:42 PM)M.W. Wrote: Probably a good idea, Joey B. is making a believer out of the nation and he's doing it fast.

Nobody thought Tom B would be anything at all less than 28 games into his career.

Burrow is more like Peyton Manning.  1st overall pick who is as advertised.  Everyone believed in Burrow, they just didn't believe the Bengals could help him reach his potential. 

(12-31-2021, 11:53 AM)Interceptor Wrote: What? Bill Walsh was on our staff? What?
Yep…letting him walk and not bring him as a head coach may not have been one of Paul Browns greatest decisions 

RE: Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals - pally - 12-31-2021

most bandwagon fans these days gravitate towards Facebook