Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? (/Thread-What-Would-La%E2%80%99el-Collins-Cost-in-Trade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - THE PISTONS - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 01:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We should have gone with white in the Super Bowl.  Ninja Cool

Hey...what if we didn't run out of shotgun on 3rd and 1?

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - jeremydc - 03-14-2022

I don’t see this happening tbh …

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Au165 - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 04:37 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I don’t see this happening tbh …

I believe he will get cut the longer this goes on. The cap benefit for Dallas is minimal with a trade so you'd assume the trade comp needs to be decent. If they do cut him however they save close to 9 million with a post June 1 designation. If he gets to the open market who knows where his price goes to, his value to us is really at that 10 per number. 

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - TecmoBengals - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 04:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hey...what if we didn't run out of shotgun on 3rd and 1?

I'm not jumping into the debate. Intense shit in the threads about it.  Hilarious

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Synric - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 04:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe he will get cut the longer this goes on. The cap benefit for Dallas is minimal with a trade so you'd assume the trade comp needs to be decent. If they do cut him however they save close to 9 million with a post June 1 designation. If he gets to the open market who knows where his price goes to, his value to us is really at that 10 per number. 

That is the reason I think they are asking at the very least a mid to high 3rd rounder. They have to be compensated for eating a huge dead cap hit. They arent going to take a day 3 pick when they can cut him and have cap space for a solid player.

(03-14-2022, 04:45 PM)Synric Wrote: That is the reason I think they are asking at the very least a mid to high 3rd rounder. They have to be compensated for eating a huge dead cap hit. They arent going to take a day 3 pick when they can cut him and have cap space for a solid player.

To be fair they did for Cooper, which in hindsight of what Kirk just got was a steal for the Browns.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - CJD - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 04:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe he will get cut the longer this goes on. The cap benefit for Dallas is minimal with a trade so you'd assume the trade comp needs to be decent. If they do cut him however they save close to 9 million with a post June 1 designation. If he gets to the open market who knows where his price goes to, his value to us is really at that 10 per number. 

Agreed. I didn't realize they gained so little cap space from him being traded. I think the Bengals would need to give them a 3rd round pick to make it worth the Cowboys' money to not cut him with the post June 1 designation. 

If he does enter the free agency market, he is probably looking at somewhere around 12 to 13M AAV if not more.

The Bengals need to ask themselves, is a 3rd round pick worth not having to negotiate against other teams and saving 3 to 5M per year.

I think it may be.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - 007BengalsFan - 03-14-2022

If he gets cut, he would be paid more than 10 million a year.  It would be worth it if the Bengals gave up a 3rd round pick.  Its unlikely the Bengals would draft someone in the 3rd with Collins talent.  Its also unlikely they could sign a free agent tackle for 10 million with that talent.  If the Bengals could make a trade for Collins with the 3rd round pick, they should do it.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-14-2022

Hey, are you guys posting in the thread without me...?  

Tongue

So there may be roster bonus coming due they will not want to pay... I dont see it but it was mentioned on a podcast. And they keep saying that Jerry doesnt want any dead money rolling over, that happens with a post June 1 cut... so it's very up in the air.

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1503435328694202371

(03-14-2022, 05:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hey, are you guys posting in the thread without me...?  

Tongue

So there may be roster bonus coming due they will not want to pay... I dont see it but it was mentioned on a podcast. And they keep saying that Jerry doesnt want any dead money rolling over, that happens with a post June 1 cut... so it's very up in the air.

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1503435328694202371

I'm posting in the discord but most people aren't there haha.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Synric - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 04:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: To be fair they did for Cooper, which in hindsight of what Kirk just got was a steal for the Browns.

I mentioned if the Bengals did get Jensen Hopkins could be an interesting trade peice. Now that the Bengals looked to be sure moving on from Hopkins with the Signing of Ted Karras he has to be on the table...

The Cowboys NEED IOL really badly starting and depth. Hopkins cap hit would be like 5.8mil for them with knky 200k guaranteed. Bengals 4th and Hopkins for La'el Collins sounds really good right now.

(03-14-2022, 05:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm posting in the discord but most people aren't there haha.

I dont think Im eligible to post there... probably lucky im not banned here... LOL

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - TecmoBengals - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 05:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote:
PHP Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The wild card out there now is La'el Collins. Questions to keep in mind: Why hasn't he been traded yetWhat does his market look like if he ends up released? <br><br>Only spending $16M/year on first two OL pieces definitely clears path to potentially pull off the trifecta.</p>&mdashPaul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1503435328694202371?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 142022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script

Fail! lol

(03-14-2022, 05:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fail! lol

Couldnt see which code button on the phone... getting old.  

[Image: oh-god-oh-jesus.gif]

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - WVUHomer - 03-14-2022

So, it's being report hes going to be released instead of traded. Why wouldn't we offer a pick for him?

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Rubekahn29 - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 07:11 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: So, it's being report hes going to be released instead of traded. Why wouldn't we offer a pick for him?

I just don’t know if he fits what the team wants. They are obviously going after leaders and high quality guys since Zac took over. I wouldn’t be against Collins, just don’t know if that’s where the team wants to go.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalholic - 03-14-2022

(03-14-2022, 07:11 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: So, it's being report hes going to be released instead of traded. Why wouldn't we offer a pick for him?

Yeah, from the latest reports...doesn't sound like anyone is willing to offer a pick for him.

Cowboy Insiders are stating that the release leak is just a bad ploy to bring the price up.  I cant tell you how many times the words "Cowboys are terrible dealers" were stated by different people.

According to a combination of guys letting out little bits of info Fisher, Cavanaugh, Sham, RJ etc.. here is what they are saying..

Cowboys have offers not happy with them.

Bengals are 1st team mentioned every time.

Bucs want to move Collins back to guard (apparently Tampa lost a really good guard....), and it seems Tampa may had been a lower tier bidder due to the lesser value of G vs T.

Miami's 3rd rd pick is a popular guess as to what the Cowboys want, Dolphins havent offered that high, yet.

Broncos have very little trade capital but still in the mix.

Jags in the mix but they have several tackles, no one can figure that out.

Chargers were involved but after their big signings they seem to have gone quiet.

A handful of other teams are involved but things have gone quiet today with free agency. Maybe Dallas waits to see got left out in FA?

The consensus is that the Cowboys totally screwed up restructuring too many contracts in order to make Dak's contract work, but many, many things have gone wrong. Steven Jones is the guy being blamed for the screw ups.  Teams know way more details about Jerry's sticky position, Collins is gone one way or another and they are not budging.  "Frustration is brewing in the building"

Collins is talked about as cap casualty much more than a problem player. They all say Steele is capable but not on the level of Collins. 

Brad Sham (their Dan Hoard) said their is some "whispers of a chemistry issue with Collins and the coaching staff", but he said Collins is by far one of the best RT in the league and Collins has NOT been viewed as a problem.  "He predicts Cowboys are prepping for big moves next offseason, clearing the books"

Bobby Belt - "Cowboys are clearing he books and have told McCarty do your best."  Collins is gone one way or the other, they want a draft pick but they may need to come down on their ask.  They will sign cheap one year FA's this offseason.

Belt said a 2nd round is most likely not happening and thinks they are hoping for a 3rd rounder.

"Steele is 17 times cheaper than Collins but not 17 times worse."  All money talk, not red flags again.

So it seems the asking price is Miami's 3rd rounder which is #101,  The Bengals 3rd is #95.....

Miami's 4th is is 120, ours is 135

Miami's 5th is is 158, ours is 174

Sorry so long.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-14-2022

(03-11-2022, 02:39 PM)N_B Wrote: Cowboys should never take that. A 3rd for a top RT with 3 yrs left and costs only $10m a year? On open market he’d command a significant premium to that. My guess is they’d ask for a first

That’s probably accurate — and if so the Bengals should consider it.

(03-14-2022, 07:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: So it seems the asking price is Miami's 3rd rounder which is #101,  The Bengals 3rd is #95.....

Miami's 4th is is 120, ours is 135

Miami's 5th is is 158, ours is 174

So if we can get Collins for our 3rd rounder what is the consensus?

Our most recent 3rd Round Picks
Ossai
Wilson
Pratt
Hubbard/Malik Jefferson
Willis
Vigil
Kroft/Dawson
Clark
Williams
Sanu/Thompson
Moch
Shipley/Ghee

Wilson and Hubbard are great, Pratt coming along, Ossai we dont know yet, but rest are pretty lame (exception: Sanu).

Unless our staff has a total stud pegged for the 3rd (how could they at 95?),  Im not sure why wouldnt do this deal?