Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? (/Thread-What-Would-La%E2%80%99el-Collins-Cost-in-Trade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - jj22 - 03-17-2022

If we got both Collins and Tretter, we could blow one of the first 2 picks on a TE (unplanned but here we are).

CB was going to be a need regardless. I think there will be some good options available at 31.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-17-2022

W pikely have $10-$12 in space ATM (depending on the size of the deal for Mine Thomas, Harris, and Allen).

Collins likely eats close to all that. We could cut Fred Johnson & save $2.4 mil. Say that is the cost of our rookies minus the guys they are bumping.

Waynes' money would have to cover Tupou, a CB of some sort, a TE, the rest of the back of the roster, and the difference between Tretter & Hopkins. We would not have much left over, at all.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 03:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: If we got both Collins and Tretter, we could blow one of the first 2 picks on a TE (unplanned but here we are).

CB was going to be a need regardless. I think there will be some good options available at 31.

I think there are also some oretty good late to mid round TEs if we have to double dip. 

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalbug - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 03:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: W pikely have $10-$12 in space ATM (depending on the size of the deal for Mine Thomas, Harris, and Allen).

Collins likely eats close to all that. We could cut Fred Johnson & save $2.4 mil. Say that is the cost of our rookies minus the guys they are bumping.

Waynes' money would have to cover Tupou, a CB of some sort, a TE, the rest of the back of the roster, and the difference between Tretter & Hopkins. We would not have much left over, at all.

You realize you can sign a guy and his cap hits will hit in later years? It isn’t dollar for dollar on amount vs cap hit. If it was, almost every free agent, would still be a free agent lol.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 03:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who's getting big money that wouldn't allow for 2 more additions to the line? I don't see any.... And also please bolden the rest of the sentence where I said there were options.

Also can you show TE's.... 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tight-end/all/

Which CB or TE would you rather sign then a combo of Tretter and Collins? We can discuss respectfully.

I'll start. None.

Honestly, I think that you have to fill the voids at CB and TE, before you make any more OL changes.  With that said, by cutting Waynes and Hopkins, it puts the Bengals back up around $30M in available money, and you gain another $2.4 if you decide to upgrade RT and cut Fred Johnson.  

To get the ball rolling, I'd try to sign Tretter first and cut Hopkins.  Ensuring that the interior of the OL is able to protect Joe and open some running lanes is the most important thing this team can accomplish this offseason.  Then, I'd go after CB and release Waynes, what would happen after that would depend on the amount paid to the new CB.  Then, if you go cheap at TE (Not a featured 1st or 2nd option in the Bengals offense, anyway), you then gather up what's left combined with the Fred Johnson money and try to make a deal for a new RT.  If the RT you're looking at is expensive, you may have to go the signing bonus route and defer some of the money to later years. 

There are literally lots of good players left out there at most every position and price point, maybe just not the 1st or 2nd names that either you or I had in mind prior to the free agency season.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - pally - 03-17-2022

it has now been officially announced

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalbug - 03-17-2022

Anyone want to take a bet?

For those saying the bengals can’t afford Collins, I’m willing to bet (wager TBD) if the bengals strike out, the team that acquire him will have less current cap space then the bengals.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Tony - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The fact that we're concentrating on getting our long snapper and Mike Thomas locked up doesn't look good. In the past, when we started announcing deals for bottom of the roster types, it usually meant we were done making "big" splashes.

Should we wait on Collins though? The Cowboys always think they're smarter than everyone else, and it causes them to do dumb things. Like sit on Collins for months hoping to get an amazing offer. What if we don't get him before the draft?

Heck, what if we're not even looking at Collins, and the FO thinks they're done. That they'll roll with Carman at LG and draft a RT?

I think We should put Carman at RT if anything... He was a tackle his whole career in college. I'm just glad we got the interior fixed up. I'm not as worried about RT as everyone else is... Hell, Prince even played decent at times and that was with the worst right guard in the league next to him...

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - phil413 - 03-17-2022

We're in the endgame now, hope we get this dude!

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - BacknDaDey - 03-17-2022

So Dallas dangled Collins out there to see if team would be foolish enough to offer an extremely high draft pick or more. All along they knew that they were going to release him post-June 1st designation.

Money saved if traded was 1.5 million I think I read. Money saved post June 1st is 10 million.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-17-2022

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 05:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote:

If this happens today, I'm celebrating hard tonight.  (I typically don't drink much on work nights)

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Joelist - 03-17-2022

Multiple teams still being in the mix probably means we get outbid.

(03-17-2022, 05:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Multiple teams still being in the mix probably means we get outbid.

Or his agent is just doing his job. 

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Schmitbuck - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 05:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If this happens today, I'm celebrating hard tonight.  (I typically don't drink much on work nights)

I think with his more recent injuries, any team that wants to sign him will need a physical first. I think the battle right now is for who gets the first visit and I hope the Bengals are leveraging Pollack, Burrow, whoever to get him in town asap.  (Or just watch a deal get struck and the physical happen before an official signing). 

(03-17-2022, 03:58 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Anyone want to take a bet?

For those saying the bengals can’t afford Collins, I’m willing to bet (wager TBD) if the bengals strike out, the team that acquire him will have less current cap space then the bengals.

We can afford Collins easily. 

Collins + Tretter + a CB (ot two) + our draft picks and it starts to get tricky. 

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - casear2727 - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 05:32 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think with his more recent injuries, any team that wants to sign him will need a physical first. I think the battle right now is for who gets the first visit and I hope the Bengals are leveraging Pollack, Burrow, whoever to get him in town asap.  (Or just watch a deal get struck and the physical happen before an official signing). 

All signings are contingent on physicals.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalpool - 03-17-2022

Not to derail the subject, but is anyone else surprised by not even a peep about Bozeman?

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Synric - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 05:47 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Not to derail the subject, but is anyone else surprised by not even a peep about Bozeman?

Not surprised at all.

RE: What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade? - Bengalpool - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Not surprised at all.
Overrated?