Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jan 6 Hearings - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Jan 6 Hearings (/Thread-Jan-6-Hearings)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 06-29-2022

(06-29-2022, 01:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear god, with all the time they had to organize this committee, how did they screw up so badly?
You mean in the unexpected, calling people back from vacation, rushed hearing that they wanted out there before Trump could try to intimidate her? All that time?

Or, they purposely told it this way and the second hand story of the "SS officer" in the SUV(not The Beast) in an attempt to get him/them in to testify in public and under oath to refute it, because he/they most likely wouldn't have come in otherwise. Then maybe, possibly ask him/them other questions in public while still under oath? 

And the Trump lawyer is telling the truth this time, huh? Didn't she just move on from Trump-friendly lawyers?

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - hollodero - 06-29-2022

(06-29-2022, 06:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It routinely amazes me that you get these distinctions when so, so many people here do not.  Pointing out these issues is either met with, a. You're a disgusting Trump supporter! or, b. This whole thing is a hoax and this is proof.  

Yeah I'm certainly not the amazing part in this. This binary way of reacting is.

Recently I was asked why I thought an engrained two-party system is bad for democracy. This is one example why.

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-29-2022

(06-29-2022, 06:44 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: You mean in the unexpected, calling people back from vacation, rushed hearing that they wanted out there before Trump could try to intimidate her? All that time?

Or, they purposely told it this way and the second hand story of the "SS officer" in the SUV(not The Beast) in an attempt to get him/them in to testify in public and under oath to refute it, because he/they most likely wouldn't have come in otherwise. Then maybe, possibly ask him/them other questions in public while still under oath? 

And the Trump lawyer is telling the truth this time, huh? Didn't she just move on from Trump-friendly lawyers?

All reasonable points to varying degrees.  I suppose time will tell.

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Bengalzona - 06-29-2022

(06-29-2022, 06:46 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah I'm certainly not the amazing part in this. This binary way of reacting is.

Recently I was asked why I thought an engrained two-party system is bad for democracy. This is one example why.

That is one of the keenest observations that I have seen on here for awhile,

(06-29-2022, 06:46 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah I'm certainly not the amazing part in this. This binary way of reacting is.

Yeah, you're definitely making solid arguments in your position's favor.

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - GMDino - 06-29-2022

(06-29-2022, 01:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/29/new-j6-narrative-about-trump-and-secret-service-collapses-hours-after-tuesday-hearing/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-j6-narrative-about-trump-and-secret-service-collapses-hours-after-tuesday-hearing

Hours later, another pillar of Hutchinson’s testimony fell apart when a spokesman for Former White House lawyer Eric Herschmann told ABC News a handwritten note for which Hutchinson claimed authorship was actually written by Herschmann.

The note, displayed by Cheney as an exhibit, included a statement for the president to read as the riot unfolded on Capitol Hill.

“The handwritten note that Cassidy Hutchinson testified was written by her was in fact written by Eric Herschmann on January 6, 2021,” a spokesperson for Herschmann told ABC News Tuesday night. “All sources with direct knowledge and law enforcement have and will confirm that it was written by Mr. Herschmann.”

Dear god, with all the time they had to organize this committee, how did they screw up so badly?

Oh...the federalist.   Mellow

Ok.

All they have to do is go under oath and testify then.

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Lucidus - 06-29-2022

(06-29-2022, 06:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It just strikes me as a major unforced error, one that is easily disputed by third parties.

Possibly.  However, this coupled with the direct refutation of her sworn testimony by the Secret Service doesn't lead me in that direction.  As they say in the legal profession; Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.

I feel that the following is important to take into consideration:

They already had knowledge that Mr. Herschmann had claimed to have written the note prior to Mr. Hutchinson's appearance before the Committee. They had also already spoken with Bobby Engel and Tony Ornato in closed door meetings where the alleged vehicle incident was assuredly discussed. 

It feels like there is more to each topic that has yet to be revealed, but time will tell.

(06-29-2022, 09:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh...the federalist.   Mellow

Ok.

All they have to do is go under oath and testify then.

It's the information that's important, not the site it's on.  For a person who uses heavily partisan sites like Vox on the regular this is an odd attack by you.

(06-29-2022, 09:27 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I feel that the following is important to take into consideration:

They already had knowledge that Mr. Herschmann had claimed to have written the note prior to Mr. Hutchinson's appearance before the Committee. They had also already spoken with Bobby Engel and Tony Ornato in closed door meetings where the alleged vehicle incident was assuredly discussed. 

It feels like there is more to each topic that has yet to be revealed, but time will tell.

Very possible, as I stated earlier.  But even if this is some "cunning plan" (thank you Baldrick) it still involves this witness lying under oath, which is a poor look regardless of the motive behind it.

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Vas Deferens - 06-30-2022

(06-29-2022, 09:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's the information that's important, not the site it's on.  For a person who uses heavily partisan sites like Vox on the regular this is an odd attack by you.

Very possible, as I stated earlier.  But even if this is some "cunning plan" (thank you Baldrick) it still involves this witness lying under oath, which is a poor look regardless of the motive behind it.

Fifth

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - pally - 06-30-2022

People are disputing the incident in the SUV between Trump and the SS saying it didn’t happen, maybe it did and maybe it didn’t. However, what I haven’t seen or heard anyone disputing is that she was TOLD the incident happen. Afterall, being told about the incident was her testimony not witnessing it. In fact, so far no one involved in the conversations she related have disputed them. If she was lying then Mark Meadows, especially, among others can blow her testimony out of the water simply be testifying under oath to the contrary. If all of these people have nothing to hide,why are they hiding.

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Sled21 - 06-30-2022

(06-29-2022, 12:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And if his yes men are lying helping cover up the coup attempt it won’t matter. Many conservatives will still not care our democracy almost imploded because of their traitorous party leader

Ah, the old coup attempt. I lmao every time I hear that. Bunch of idiots go to the Capital and do nothing but break a bunch of stuff and it's a coup attempt. Then on the other hand the Democrats create a fantasy story about Russian Collusion and use such story to impeach a duly elected sitting President, and you all have zero problem with that. Hypocrisy much?

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Sled21 - 06-30-2022

(06-30-2022, 03:44 AM)pally Wrote: People are disputing the incident in the SUV between Trump and the SS saying it didn’t happen, maybe it did and maybe it didn’t.  However, what I haven’t seen or heard anyone disputing is that she was TOLD the incident happen.  Afterall, being told about the incident was her testimony not witnessing it.  In fact, so far no one involved in the conversations she related have disputed them. If she was lying then Mark Meadows, especially, among others can blow her testimony out of the water simply be testifying under oath to the contrary.  If all of these people have nothing to hide,why are they hiding.

Uh, the guy she said told her the story says he did not tell her the story......

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Nately120 - 06-30-2022

(06-30-2022, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah, the old coup attempt. I lmao every time I hear that. Bunch of idiots go to the Capital and do nothing but break a bunch of stuff and it's a coup attempt.

At least one police officer died. Seems weird for a conservative to file that and the actual assault of other officers under nothing. 

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - GMDino - 06-30-2022

(06-30-2022, 09:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: At least one police officer died. Seems weird for a conservative to file that and the actual assault of other officers under nothing. 

Their ears are plugged and their eyes are closed.

I used the word "insurrection" back in January and my conservative friends had their daggers out about how it was a nothingburger and barely worth mentioning.

And nothing has changed their minds about it.  So it's not just this board, its a large swath of republicans.

(06-30-2022, 09:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: Their ears are plugged and their eyes are closed.

I used the word "insurrection" back in January and my conservative friends had their daggers out about how it was a nothingburger and barely worth mentioning.

And nothing has changed their minds about it.  So it's not just this board, its a large swath of republicans.

Conservatives can't agree on if the people involved are Patriots who are being treated unfairly, idiots who did nothing major, or domestic terrorist leftists who disguised themselves as Patriots and then assaulted and killed police officers. 

(06-30-2022, 09:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Conservatives can't agree on if the people involved are Patriots who are being treated unfairly, idiots who did nothing major, or domestic terrorist leftists who disguised themselves as Patriots and then assaulted and killed police officers. 

A lot of them still believe it was Antifa just trying to make real patriots look bad.

(06-30-2022, 09:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: A lot of them still believe it was Antifa just trying to make real patriots look bad.

So those people must be infuriated when people like Trump and MTG defend them?  The GOP isn't even bothering to get a single story straight any more. 

Trump said he would consider pardoning antifa members who assaulted and killed police officers?

(06-30-2022, 09:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So those people must be infuriated when people like Trump and MTG defend them?  The GOP isn't even bothering to get a single story straight any more. 

Trump said he would consider pardoning antifa members who assaulted and killed police officers?

If logic was their strong point they wouldn't have supported Trump in the first place. Smirk

(06-29-2022, 09:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's the information that's important, not the site it's on.  For a person who uses heavily partisan sites like Vox on the regular this is an odd attack by you.

I was more open to the possibility that she lied, but Trump volunteering that he barely knows her and then following that with disparaging stuff about her has me back to giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Trump just never bothers to hide his "tells."

RE: Jan 6 Hearings - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-30-2022

(06-30-2022, 11:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I was more open to the possibility that she lied, but Trump volunteering that he barely knows her and then following that with disparaging stuff about her has me back to giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Trump just never bothers to hide his "tells."

Oh, I'm sure he had a different opinion of her prior to her testifying, but I think that's likely as far as it goes.  I don't see Trump caring much, or at all, about the aides of his staff to have any real opinion on them.