Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Roe Vs Wade Overturned - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Roe Vs Wade Overturned (/Thread-Roe-Vs-Wade-Overturned)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - Mickeypoo - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 01:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This reminds me of this tweet, for some reason.

I do wonder how many people had a similar thought process to Mickey and lived their lives like normal and ended up dead. This isn't a new thing, though. During World War 2, British residents endured blackouts where their windows/doors/any source of light had to be covered or turned off. This made it more difficult for German bombers to hit their targets without the city light to guide them. There were citizens who still had to be forced to do so because they were upset that it disrupted their daily lives/activities. 

Not many younger, healthy people with no underlying conditions wound up dead.

I wasn't trying to be a badass or buck the system.  I could blatantly see the level of crazy they were pushing was bullshit.  I didn't run up to people and cough on them.  I didn't make fun of people for masking or getting the injection.  Myself and my family simply kept on living as normal.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - Nately120 - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 01:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Love the sarcasm bro!

Nothing badass about living your life as normal.

Are you being sarcastic about my sarcasm?  Even for the internet, this is getting intense.  

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - GMDino - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 01:49 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Living in a VERY rural area has it's perks.  Actually it's all perks.  Can't think of a single thing a concrete nightmare hell hole city could provide me that I don't already have.   Whole lot of negatives though.

It was awesome just living life. As did a couple others on here I could smell the bullshit from very early on.  And it was very stinky.

I live in a rural area too.  Still wore our masks to the stores and around people who could be compromised.

But yeah, it only killed a few people who completely thought it was BS so what the hell.

Nothing like "knowing" a global pandemic was BS better than everyone else just so you "live life" for a couple months.

Good job. ThumbsUp

(07-18-2023, 02:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you being sarcastic about my sarcasm?  Even for the internet, this is getting intense.  

lol!!!

(07-18-2023, 02:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I live in a rural area too.  Still wore our masks to the stores and around people who could be compromised.

But yeah, it only killed a few people who completely thought it was BS so what the hell.

Nothing like "knowing" a global pandemic was BS better than everyone else just so you "live life" for a couple months.

Good job. ThumbsUp

Not exactly what I was saying but, eh, close enough.

How many people live in your rural town?  How far away is the nearest city, regional or larger airport, mall, Best Buy, nationwide food chains?

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - Nately120 - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 02:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I live in a rural area too.  Still wore our masks to the stores and around people who could be compromised.

Good job. ThumbsUp

I had to get the jab to kerp my job. So the next time someone says nobody wants to work any more, remeber that I am so driven and heroic that I allowed myself to be pumped full of cancer and microchips just to keep my working class hero status.  

Damn, I'm an inspiration. 

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - Dill - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 01:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You nailed, it was OK to riot and burn things down with no masks, but schools had to close, restaurants had to close their eat in business. The next clue was when I learned the percent of deaths of age 20 or less.

How many children have died from COVID-19?
Among the 4.4 million COVID-19 deaths1 reported in the MPIDR COVerAGE database, 0.4 per cent (over 17,400) occurred in children and adolescents under 20 years of age. Of the over 17,400 deaths reported in those under 20 years of age, 53 per cent occurred among adolescents ages 10–19, and 47 per cent among children ages 0–9.

Data correct as of July 2023. For more information, including age and sex disaggregated data, visit our interactive dashboard.

Then I realized the amount of influenza deaths which are quite high normally almost totally disappeared as they got lumped into Covid deaths. The more you look at data, the more we learned Covid was over played by the Democrats to control our behavior.

Who said it was "ok to riot and burn things down with no masks"? 

Also, children can spread COVID as easily as adults, right? So if COVID spreads through a school and the children bring it home to older family members, that could increase the mortality rate even if the effect on children is negligible, right? The point was to stop or at least lower transmission of disease.

The more I look at the data, the more think efforts to control the virus made a difference. More would if lived if fewer had not so immediately recognized that national efforts to promote vaccine and socially distance were just government "bullshit." 

Still wondering what you Fauci's biggest "scientific lie" was.  I

t would also be nice to know which "lies" you think did the most damage, cost the most lives during the pandemic.

(07-18-2023, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I had to get the jab to kerp my job. So the next time someone says nobody wants to work any more, remeber that I am so driven and heroic that I allowed myself to be pumped full of cancer and microchips just to keep my working class hero status.  

Damn, I'm an inspiration. 

Hey, me too!  ThumbsUp   

My wife says I glow a little at night, but other then that, so far so good.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - Dill - 07-18-2023

(07-17-2023, 05:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not MAGA and I thought most of the stuff was nonsense.  Had nothing to do with Trump.  

I know you are not MAGA. 

Just arguing that state responses, including those in Florida,

were not separate from Trump/MAGA framing of the pandemic response,

which harmed more than it helped.  Cost lives, especially of people groomed to "see through" 

government actions.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - HarleyDog - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 01:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I do wonder how many people had a similar thought process to Mickey and lived their lives like normal and ended up dead. 

If we had a way of telling, I doubt it would be higher than the normal annual flu deaths. But we've beaten this horse over and over with all the deaths being grouped under covid related. I know most people in my area did things normal as well. I had 1 employee die which really sucked. He was a real good guy. But he was also a smoker for over 40yrs and had problems walking 50ft without gasping for air. My aunt and uncle died also. they lived in SC and both were in their 80's. Not that age makes it ok, just stating details.

Quote:This isn't a new thing, though. During World War 2, British residents endured blackouts where their windows/doors/any source of light had to be covered or turned off. This made it more difficult for German bombers to hit their targets without the city light to guide them. There were citizens who still had to be forced to do so because they were upset that it disrupted their daily lives/activities. 

I'm currently reading "Diary of a young girl," which is the unedited version of Anne Franks diary. She mentioned this very thing in one of her conversations with Kitty (Kitty is the name she gave her diary). Not so much for bombers, but for soldiers on the ground. I've completed about 60% of the book so I'm not sure if they did the same for bombers (rumors that if Gremans had to retreat, they would destroy cities on their way out). 

Just realized this is Roe vs. Wade thread. In an attempt to get it back on track, where are we at on the thread topic?

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - pally - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 02:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If we had a way of telling, I doubt it would be higher than the normal annual flu deaths. But we've beaten this horse over and over with all the deaths being grouped under covid related. I know most people in my area did things normal as well. I had 1 employee die which really sucked. He was a real good guy. But he was also a smoker for over 40yrs and had problems walking 50ft without gasping for air. My aunt and uncle died also. they lived in SC and both were in their 80's. Not that age makes it ok, just stating details.

I'm currently reading "Diary of a young girl," which is the unedited version of Anne Franks diary. She mentioned this very thing in one of her conversations with Kitty (Kitty is the name she gave her diary). Not so much for bombers, but for soldiers on the ground. I've completed about 60% of the book so I'm not sure if they did the same for bombers (rumors that if Gremans had to retreat, they would destroy cities on their way out). 

Just realized this is Roe vs. Wade thread. In an attempt to get it back on track, where are we at on the thread topic?

Well, for people not in Ohio, the Ohio illegally gerrymandered (per multiple bipartisan Ohio Supreme Court Decisions) Republican supermajority state legislature is trying to ram through a major change to the Ohio Constitution in August in an attempt to derail a Reproductive Rights Amendment that will be on the ballot in Nov.  So games are still being played.  

Right now, Ohioans can amend their Constitution by a simple majority.  Republicans want to change that to a 60% threshold.  Coincidently, the Reproductive Rights Amendment is polling at about 58%.  Additionally, they want to change the number of signatures needed and changed the timeline to the point in the future that getting any citizen-led amendments on the ballot is virtually impossible.  Then after making August elections illegal except for very specific fiscal emergencies because of high cost (over $20 million) and low turnout (less than 10%), the Republicans put Issue 1 on the ballot as a stand-alone election in August.

This current State House has already shown they are willing to subjugate the State Constitution (see illegally gerrymandered districts), no one, Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal should hand over more power to them.  Issue 1 has more serious long-term effects than simply stopping an amendment that a majority of Ohioans are indicating they are for.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - michaelsean - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 03:18 PM)pally Wrote: Well, for people not in Ohio, the Ohio illegally gerrymandered (per multiple bipartisan Ohio Supreme Court Decisions) Republican supermajority state legislature is trying to ram through a major change to the Ohio Constitution in August in an attempt to derail a Reproductive Rights Amendment that will be on the ballot in Nov.  So games are still being played.  

Right now, Ohioans can amend their Constitution by a simple majority.  Republicans want to change that to a 60% threshold.  Coincidently, the Reproductive Rights Amendment is polling at about 58%.  Additionally, they want to change the number of signatures needed and changed the timeline to the point in the future that getting any citizen-led amendments on the ballot is virtually impossible.  Then after making August elections illegal except for very specific fiscal emergencies because of high cost (over $20 million) and low turnout (less than 10%), the Republicans put Issue 1 on the ballot as a stand-alone election in August.

This current State House has already shown they are willing to subjugate the State Constitution (see illegally gerrymandered districts), no one, Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal should hand over more power to them.  Issue 1 has more serious long-term effects than simply stopping an amendment that a majority of Ohioans are indicating they are for.

I’m voting no on 1, but I’m offended by both sides. One side is an obvious move against abortion and I don’t like people thinking I’m stupid. But the signs on the no side like “Don’t destroy our democracy” are over the top stupid. Our federal government requires more than simple majority, and I’ve never heard anyone say it destroyed our democracy.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - pally - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 04:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m voting no on 1, but I’m offended by both sides. One side is an obvious move against abortion and I don’t like people thinking I’m stupid. But the signs on the no side like “Don’t destroy our democracy” are over the top stupid. Our federal government requires more than simple majority, and I’ve never heard anyone say it destroyed our democracy.

well, technically the way we vote for amendments to our state constitution is a democracy.  A simple majority vote wins right now

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - GMDino - 07-22-2023

[Image: F1pS_fSXgAMs--I?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - BigPapaKain - 07-22-2023

(07-22-2023, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: F1pS_fSXgAMs--I?format=jpg&name=large]

***** needs to pull herself up by the bootstraps and raise that kid she brought into this world. 

This is some delicious FAFO.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - GMDino - 08-05-2023

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-texas-lawsuit-ban-exceptions-women-denied-pregnancy-d90f3bce68d86e5eafe3ba4ba5939188?taid=64cdacd8a74c5f0001777ec7&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

[/url]
Quote:[url=https://apnews.com/us-news]U.S. NEWS
[color=var(--headlineColor)]A judge has ruled Texas’ abortion ban is too restrictive for women with pregnancy complications[/color]

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas judge ruled Friday the state’s abortion ban has proven too restrictive for women with serious pregnancy complications and must allow exceptions without doctors fearing the threat of criminal charges.

The ruling was the first to undercut Texas’ law since it took effect in 2022 and delivers a major victory to abortion rights supporters, who see the case as a potential blueprint to weaken restrictions elsewhere that Republican-led states have rushed to implement.

However, the injunction was immediately blocked by an appeal to the Texas Supreme Court, the state attorney general’s office said.

”The trial court’s injunction is ineffective, and the status quo remains in effect,” spokesperson Paige Willey said in an email.

State District Judge Jessica Mangrum’s ruling granted a temporary injunction that prevents Texas from enforcing the ban against physicians who in their “good faith judgment” end a pregnancy that, because of complications, creates a risk of infection or is otherwise unsafe for the woman to continue.

The injunction also applies to women who have a condition “exacerbated by pregnancy” who can’t be effectively treated during their term. It also covers cases where the fetus has a condition that makes it unlikely to survive after birth.

“For the first time in a long time, I cried for joy when I heard the news,” lead plaintiff Amanda Zurawski said in a statement. 
“This is exactly why we did this. This is why we put ourselves through the pain and the trauma over and over again to share our experiences and the harms caused by these awful laws.”

Mangrum’s decision said the injunction would run until the completion of the case, which is scheduled for a trial to begin next March 25.

However, the state’s immediate appeal “stays an activist Austin judge’s attempt to override Texas abortion laws pending a ruling by the Texas Supreme Court,” said a statement from First Assistant Attorney General Brent Webster.

The immediate impact of Mangrum’s decision also was unclear in a state where all abortion clinics have shuttered in the past year.

The challenge to the state law is believed to be the first in the U.S. brought by women who have been denied abortions since the Supreme Court last year overturned Roe v. Wade, which for nearly 50 years had affirmed the constitutional right to an abortion.

In a six-page ruling, the judge found that portions of the abortion law violated the rights afforded to pregnant people under the Texas Constitution.

The court found that the patients challenging the law each experienced “emergent medical conditions” during pregnancy that risked their health or lives “and required abortion care.”

However, they were delayed or denied access to such care because of widespread uncertainty about the impact on physicians, the ruling said.

“Today’s ruling should prevent other Texans from suffering the unthinkable trauma our plaintiffs endured,” said Nancy Northup, president and CEO of the Center for Reproductive Rights, which helped bring the lawsuit.

During two days of emotional testimony in an Austin courtroom, women gave wrenching accounts of learning their babies would not survive birth and being unable to travel long distances to states where abortion is still legal.

The challenge, filed in March, does not seek to repeal Texas’ abortion ban, but instead aims to force more clarity on when exceptions are allowed under the law, which is one of the most restrictive in the U.S.

Under the law in Texas, doctors who perform abortions risk life in prison and fines of up to $100,000. Opponents say that has left some women with providers who are unwilling to even discuss terminating a pregnancy.

The majority of U.S. adults, including those living in states with the strictest limits on abortion, want it to be legal at least through the initial stages of pregnancy, according to a poll released in late June by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

Naturally the TXSC blocked that ruling immediately because who the hell cares about women when we can campaign about caring for fetuses!

And the right wonders why they are losing the female voter?

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - pally - 08-09-2023

Well Ohio republicans tried to put an impediment in the way of voters in order to prevent a reproductive rights amendment on the ballot in Nov from passing. Issue 1 sought to raise the vote percentage needed to approve state constitutional amendments from a simple majority to a 60% supermajority.
The amendment was soundly rejected by Ohioans 57-43 so it remains a simple majority vote.

Coincidentally, or not, polling indicates that the reproductive rights amendment is expected to pass by about that same margin.

When a party gerrymanders themselves into a supermajority in the state legislature, sometimes they need a reminder that they don’t always represent a majority viewpoint.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - BigPapaKain - 08-09-2023

(08-09-2023, 02:24 AM)pally Wrote: Well Ohio republicans tried to put an impediment in the way of voters in order to prevent a reproductive rights amendment on the ballot in Nov from passing.  Issue 1 sought to raise the vote percentage needed to approve state constitutional amendments from a simple majority to a 60% supermajority.  
The amendment was soundly rejected by Ohioans 57-43 so it remains a simple majority vote.

Coincidentally, or not, polling indicates that the reproductive rights amendment is expected to pass by about that same margin.

When a party gerrymanders themselves into a supermajority in the state legislature, sometimes they need a reminder that they don’t always represent a majority viewpoint.

I went to bed before the results came in on 1, and I'm glad to see that Ohio rejected the blatant nonsense to ignore the will of the people the Republicans came out with.

In the immortal words of Shawn Micheals - suck it, GoP.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - GMDino - 08-09-2023

Funny way of saying "the citizens have spoken and I respect their choice".

But then these don't like choice.

RE: Roe Vs Wade Overturned - Nately120 - 08-09-2023

(08-09-2023, 02:24 AM)pally Wrote: Well Ohio republicans tried to put an impediment in the way of voters in order to prevent a reproductive rights amendment on the ballot in Nov from passing.  Issue 1 sought to raise the vote percentage needed to approve state constitutional amendments from a simple majority to a 60% supermajority.  

I will say it was pretty interesting seeing the list of damn near all the elected politicians in OH saying "Vote YES on this!" and then watching NO win by 14 points.  Given that, I guess it makes sense that they want to change things so a "regular majority" can't have its way.