Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Volson's debut - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Volson's debut (/Thread-Volson-s-debut)

Pages: 1 2 3

Volson's debut - Sled21 - 09-08-2022

Talk about being thrown into the fire, he is matched up in his first game against Cam Heyward and Larry Ogunjobi. While I don't want to jinx him, I think he is going to rise to the occasion and hold his line.

RE: Volson's debut - XenoMorph - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 01:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Talk about being thrown into the fire, he is matched up in his first game against Cam Heyward and Larry Ogunjobi. While I don't want to jinx him, I think he is going to rise to the occasion and hold his line.

Well  he apparently angered the Great aaron donald in practice

RE: Volson's debut - Frank Booth - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 01:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well  he apparently angered the Great aaron donald in practice

that wasnt because he was holding his own lol

RE: Volson's debut - bfine32 - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 02:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: that wasnt because he was holding his own lol

Did he say something about his moma?

RE: Volson's debut - Bengalitis - 09-08-2022

Just outta the blue this guy is starting.. interesting. Go Voltron..er, Volson!

RE: Volson's debut - Hammerstripes - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 03:12 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Just outta the blue this guy is starting.. interesting. Go Voltron..er, Volson!

Outta the blue?  It's been this way for a couple weeks now.

RE: Volson's debut - Bengalitis - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 03:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Outta the blue?  It's been this way for a couple weeks now.

... well you know, top draft picks used to be groomed and pampered as a Bengal before they were put out in the fire back in the day.

RE: Volson's debut - Housh - 09-08-2022

Steelers are going to pick on him and probably do all types of stunts and other BS

He’s going to have a LOOOONG day. Cam, TJ, Larry O……..going to be tough.

RE: Volson's debut - Cat-Man - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 01:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Talk about being thrown into the fire, he is matched up in his first game against Cam Heyward and Larry Ogunjobi. While I don't want to jinx him, I think he is going to rise to the occasion and hold his line.

Fun fact.  I believe Carman's first start was Week 3 last year against the Steelers.  If you'd like to see a summary of how he played:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breakdown-jackson-carman-first-start-and-underrated-linebacker

The Bengals gave up no sacks and won 24-10.

Another fun fact....I believe Jonah Williams' 1st career start was against Joey Bosa.    Bosa had 5 tackles and a sack. 

RE: Volson's debut - ochocincos - 09-08-2022

Volson's likely going to have some gaffes.
But he's also going to have some good snaps.

RE: Volson's debut - Go Cards - 09-08-2022

fingers crossed that he holds his own

RE: Volson's debut - wanga - 09-08-2022

Big day for the Big Nasty, a great experience.

RE: Volson's debut - jason - 09-08-2022

(09-08-2022, 03:34 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: ... well you know, top draft picks used to be groomed and pampered as a Bengal before they were put out in the fire back in the day.

He's not a top draft pick.... Just happened to beat out the guy who was. Now we're counting on a fourth rounder outta a small school at LG.

RE: Volson's debut - bengalfan74 - 09-08-2022

Let's hope he's up to the task.

RE: Volson's debut - michaelsean - 09-08-2022

So is the Max guy just not up to speed yet? I think I’d feel better with him in there.

RE: Volson's debut - BurrowTheGoat - 09-08-2022

I know we got an elite QB and elite WRs but id like to see us really establish the running game early and get these DL on their heels a bit. Will help get our new OL settled in a bit.

RE: Volson's debut - Bengal Dude - 09-09-2022

(09-08-2022, 07:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So is the Max guy just not up to speed yet?  I think I’d feel better with him in there.

Scharping is most likely the insurance policy if Volson completely falls on his face.

RE: Volson's debut - NATI BENGALS - 09-09-2022

I liked this quote from Jonah the other day from a homepage article.
"I like how well we work together. We come out with a certain brand of toughness and unity. Our goal as an offensive line is to go make the defense feel bad."

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-steelers-record-preview-week-1-2022

We've heard a lot of talk about glass eaters and body guards. I think we are trotting out 5 starting OL ready to kick some ass.

RE: Volson's debut - Sled21 - 09-09-2022

(09-08-2022, 06:16 PM)jason Wrote: He's not a top draft pick.... Just happened to beat out the guy who was. Now we're counting on a fourth rounder outta a small school at LG.

Small schools mean nothing. You know who else came out of a small school? Kenny Anderson. He may not have played against the top collegiate talent at a small school, but he either has it or he doesn't. With his size, strength and mean streak, I hope he becomes a dominate guard.

RE: Volson's debut - KillerGoose - 09-09-2022

(09-09-2022, 08:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Small schools mean nothing. You know who else came out of a small school? Kenny Anderson. He may not have played against the top collegiate talent at a small school, but he either has it or he doesn't. With his size, strength and mean streak, I hope he becomes a dominate guard.

They do mean something. They aren't a reason to completely dismiss a guy, but most small school players don't land starting spots in the NFL for a reason. They're subpar athletes, lack effective technique, or any other combination of reasons. For every Kenny Anderson, there are numerous Brad Sorensens and B.J. Colemans. 

The same goes with Volson. I am not very optimistic about his chances based on what I have seen so far, but I hope he proves me wrong.