Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volson's debut
Talk about being thrown into the fire, he is matched up in his first game against Cam Heyward and Larry Ogunjobi. While I don't want to jinx him, I think he is going to rise to the occasion and hold his line.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 01:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Talk about being thrown into the fire, he is matched up in his first game against Cam Heyward and Larry Ogunjobi. While I don't want to jinx him, I think he is going to rise to the occasion and hold his line.

Well  he apparently angered the Great aaron donald in practice
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 01:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well  he apparently angered the Great aaron donald in practice

that wasnt because he was holding his own lol
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 02:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: that wasnt because he was holding his own lol

Did he say something about his moma?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just outta the blue this guy is starting.. interesting. Go Voltron..er, Volson!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 03:12 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Just outta the blue this guy is starting.. interesting. Go Voltron..er, Volson!

Outta the blue?  It's been this way for a couple weeks now.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 03:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Outta the blue?  It's been this way for a couple weeks now.

... well you know, top draft picks used to be groomed and pampered as a Bengal before they were put out in the fire back in the day.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are going to pick on him and probably do all types of stunts and other BS

He’s going to have a LOOOONG day. Cam, TJ, Larry O……..going to be tough.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 01:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Talk about being thrown into the fire, he is matched up in his first game against Cam Heyward and Larry Ogunjobi. While I don't want to jinx him, I think he is going to rise to the occasion and hold his line.

Fun fact.  I believe Carman's first start was Week 3 last year against the Steelers.  If you'd like to see a summary of how he played:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/film-breakdown-jackson-carman-first-start-and-underrated-linebacker

The Bengals gave up no sacks and won 24-10.

Another fun fact....I believe Jonah Williams' 1st career start was against Joey Bosa.    Bosa had 5 tackles and a sack. 
Reply/Quote
Volson's likely going to have some gaffes.
But he's also going to have some good snaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
fingers crossed that he holds his own

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Big day for the Big Nasty, a great experience.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 03:34 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: ... well you know, top draft picks used to be groomed and pampered as a Bengal before they were put out in the fire back in the day.

He's not a top draft pick.... Just happened to beat out the guy who was. Now we're counting on a fourth rounder outta a small school at LG.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Let's hope he's up to the task.
Reply/Quote
So is the Max guy just not up to speed yet? I think I’d feel better with him in there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I know we got an elite QB and elite WRs but id like to see us really establish the running game early and get these DL on their heels a bit. Will help get our new OL settled in a bit.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 07:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So is the Max guy just not up to speed yet?  I think I’d feel better with him in there.

Scharping is most likely the insurance policy if Volson completely falls on his face.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I liked this quote from Jonah the other day from a homepage article.
"I like how well we work together. We come out with a certain brand of toughness and unity. Our goal as an offensive line is to go make the defense feel bad."

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-steelers-record-preview-week-1-2022

We've heard a lot of talk about glass eaters and body guards. I think we are trotting out 5 starting OL ready to kick some ass.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 06:16 PM)jason Wrote: He's not a top draft pick.... Just happened to beat out the guy who was. Now we're counting on a fourth rounder outta a small school at LG.

Small schools mean nothing. You know who else came out of a small school? Kenny Anderson. He may not have played against the top collegiate talent at a small school, but he either has it or he doesn't. With his size, strength and mean streak, I hope he becomes a dominate guard.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 08:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Small schools mean nothing. You know who else came out of a small school? Kenny Anderson. He may not have played against the top collegiate talent at a small school, but he either has it or he doesn't. With his size, strength and mean streak, I hope he becomes a dominate guard.

They do mean something. They aren't a reason to completely dismiss a guy, but most small school players don't land starting spots in the NFL for a reason. They're subpar athletes, lack effective technique, or any other combination of reasons. For every Kenny Anderson, there are numerous Brad Sorensens and B.J. Colemans. 

The same goes with Volson. I am not very optimistic about his chances based on what I have seen so far, but I hope he proves me wrong. 
Reply/Quote