Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Play calling by committee? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Play calling by committee? (/Thread-Play-calling-by-committee)

Pages: 1 2

Play calling by committee? - pally - 10-10-2022

Maybe the problem isn't Zac but too many voices having a say. He literally listed 5 people in addition to himself who has input on playcalling on the headsets

RE: Play calling by committee? - Nicomo Cosca - 10-10-2022

He needs to focus on being the HC. He was already super young for it (and probably not ready). Taking too much onto his plate did not help one bit.

RE: Play calling by committee? - Tony - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: Maybe the problem isn't Zac but too many voices having a say.  He literally listed 5 people in addition to himself who has input on playcalling on the headsets

Looks like he's passing the blame to me...

RE: Play calling by committee? - rfaulk34 - 10-10-2022

How does that saying go about too many cooks in the kitchen...?

RE: Play calling by committee? - TheLeonardLeap - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: Maybe the problem isn't Zac but too many voices having a say. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15089379]

RE: Play calling by committee? - bengalfan74 - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 05:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He needs to focus on being the HC. He was already super young for it (and probably not ready). Taking too much onto his plate did not help one bit.

100% yes

And I'm not so sure having a committee calling plays "in game" is a good idea! Perhaps as D is on the field, during halftime and so on but not in the heat of the moment.

To much information

RE: Play calling by committee? - THE PISTONS - 10-10-2022

As HC, all problems on the team fall under him.

RE: Play calling by committee? - Bengalitis - 10-10-2022

The HC should be analyzing what is going on the field and relay what he wants to the OC to call the plays to give him the results he wants. It's not that Zac has been doing both for 10+yrs or more..

RE: Play calling by committee? - reuben.ahmed - 10-10-2022

No wonder nobody takes responsibility for the offense's problems. If you send an email to 5 people, nobody wants to do a thing, lol. One person, do one thing.

RE: Play calling by committee? - michaelsean - 10-10-2022

As mentioned in the other thread, no way they have time for that.

RE: Play calling by committee? - michaelsean - 10-10-2022

Well your offense is terrible Zac so fix it. This isn’t Ryan Finley throwing to AJs corpse anymore. If it stays bad it’s your fault.

RE: Play calling by committee? - Destro - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 07:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As mentioned in the other thread, no way they have time for that.

When in doubt: Call a toss play!!!!

RE: Play calling by committee? - HarleyDog - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 07:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As mentioned in the other thread, no way they have time for that.

[Image: R.e97ab085561692f28a804cc8b8619338?rik=e...ImgRaw&r=0]

RE: Play calling by committee? - Destro - 10-10-2022

(10-10-2022, 07:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote:  This isn’t Ryan Finley throwing to AJs corpse anymore. 

Damn, son!

RE: Play calling by committee? - The D.O.Z. - 10-11-2022

It would’ve been nice way back when we hired him, if he’d have hired an OC with some experience to run the offense. Two plus years of said OC could’ve taught ole ZT a thing or two about NFL playcalling and game management before he inevitably moved on. THEN Zac would’ve been more prepared to drive the Lambo.

RE: Play calling by committee? - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-11-2022

(10-10-2022, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: Maybe the problem isn't Zac but too many voices having a say.  He literally listed 5 people in addition to himself who has input on playcalling on the headsets

I mentioned this in another thread, but yes....their system is too complicated and cumbersome. Lapham was talking about all of this last night on my ride home. He thinks so too.

The committee is between series....then it's Brian/Zac/analytics on plays. The plays are suggested during the time between series. That, or Dave Lapham is a liar. I guess we can all make that call ourselves, but I believe Dave. 

RE: Play calling by committee? - PhilHos - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: The committee is between series....then it's Brian/Zac/analytics on plays. The plays are suggested during the time between series. That, or Dave Lapham is a liar. I guess we can all make that call ourselves, but I believe Dave. 

Do you have a link or something where Lapham breaks down how it works? I'd be very interested in checking it out.

(10-11-2022, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you have a link or something where Lapham breaks down how it works? I'd be very interested in checking it out.

He was on WLW at the end of the Eddie and Rocky Show around 5:30PM. Then he was going to be on Bengals Line later at six to discuss it more. I didn't catch any of that. You can go to the iHeartRadio page, and link 700AM WLW, and there are "podcast" links you can browse. They're actually not podcasts, but recordings of the shows. 

Also of note, he was on with Mike McConnell this morning talking about it some more.

(10-11-2022, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you have a link or something where Lapham breaks down how it works? I'd be very interested in checking it out.

Here's aa link to yesterday's Eddie and Rocky Show Phil.... it'll be in the last 30 minutes or so.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/eddie-rocky-20799661/episode/eddie-rocky-10-10-22-103090722/?cmp=android_share&sc=android_social_share&pr=false