Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Play calling by committee?
Maybe the problem isn't Zac but too many voices having a say. He literally listed 5 people in addition to himself who has input on playcalling on the headsets

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He needs to focus on being the HC. He was already super young for it (and probably not ready). Taking too much onto his plate did not help one bit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: Maybe the problem isn't Zac but too many voices having a say.  He literally listed 5 people in addition to himself who has input on playcalling on the headsets

Looks like he's passing the blame to me...
Reply/Quote
How does that saying go about too many cooks in the kitchen...?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: Maybe the problem isn't Zac but too many voices having a say. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15089379]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He needs to focus on being the HC. He was already super young for it (and probably not ready). Taking too much onto his plate did not help one bit.

100% yes

And I'm not so sure having a committee calling plays "in game" is a good idea! Perhaps as D is on the field, during halftime and so on but not in the heat of the moment.

To much information
Reply/Quote
As HC, all problems on the team fall under him.
Reply/Quote
The HC should be analyzing what is going on the field and relay what he wants to the OC to call the plays to give him the results he wants. It's not that Zac has been doing both for 10+yrs or more..
Reply/Quote
No wonder nobody takes responsibility for the offense's problems. If you send an email to 5 people, nobody wants to do a thing, lol. One person, do one thing.
Reply/Quote
As mentioned in the other thread, no way they have time for that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Well your offense is terrible Zac so fix it. This isn’t Ryan Finley throwing to AJs corpse anymore. If it stays bad it’s your fault.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As mentioned in the other thread, no way they have time for that.

When in doubt: Call a toss play!!!!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: As mentioned in the other thread, no way they have time for that.

[Image: R.e97ab085561692f28a804cc8b8619338?rik=e...ImgRaw&r=0]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote:  This isn’t Ryan Finley throwing to AJs corpse anymore. 

Damn, son!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It would’ve been nice way back when we hired him, if he’d have hired an OC with some experience to run the offense. Two plus years of said OC could’ve taught ole ZT a thing or two about NFL playcalling and game management before he inevitably moved on. THEN Zac would’ve been more prepared to drive the Lambo.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: Maybe the problem isn't Zac but too many voices having a say.  He literally listed 5 people in addition to himself who has input on playcalling on the headsets

I mentioned this in another thread, but yes....their system is too complicated and cumbersome. Lapham was talking about all of this last night on my ride home. He thinks so too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

The committee is between series....then it's Brian/Zac/analytics on plays. The plays are suggested during the time between series. That, or Dave Lapham is a liar. I guess we can all make that call ourselves, but I believe Dave. 

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: The committee is between series....then it's Brian/Zac/analytics on plays. The plays are suggested during the time between series. That, or Dave Lapham is a liar. I guess we can all make that call ourselves, but I believe Dave. 

Do you have a link or something where Lapham breaks down how it works? I'd be very interested in checking it out.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you have a link or something where Lapham breaks down how it works? I'd be very interested in checking it out.

He was on WLW at the end of the Eddie and Rocky Show around 5:30PM. Then he was going to be on Bengals Line later at six to discuss it more. I didn't catch any of that. You can go to the iHeartRadio page, and link 700AM WLW, and there are "podcast" links you can browse. They're actually not podcasts, but recordings of the shows. 

Also of note, he was on with Mike McConnell this morning talking about it some more.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you have a link or something where Lapham breaks down how it works? I'd be very interested in checking it out.

Here's aa link to yesterday's Eddie and Rocky Show Phil.... it'll be in the last 30 minutes or so.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/eddie-rocky-20799661/episode/eddie-rocky-10-10-22-103090722/?cmp=android_share&sc=android_social_share&pr=false

Reply/Quote