Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2022 Election Results Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: 2022 Election Results Thread (/Thread-2022-Election-Results-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: 2022 Election Results Thread - StoneTheCrow - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 09:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's the tricky part.  The surprising and unprecedented flop that is the 2022 GOP midterms has rational republicans facing the facts that since they turned the party over to Trump they've managed a single victory and have racked up what could be considered 6 straight years of losing.

Yes, Trump won in 2016 but he also narrowly beat an immensely unpopular candidate in Hillary Clinton after the country was coming off 8 years of a democrat in the white house.  He lost the popular vote by 3 million votes, to boot.  Doesn't count per se, but it wasn't exactly a good sign that he was safe bet going forward.

Predictably, the GOP lost big in the 2018 midterms...standard stuff.

Then Trump loses the 2020 election

Then Trump has his pawprints and endorsements all over a massively disappointing 2022 midterm that should have been an historic win.

The issue the GOP faces is that Trump has 1 narrow victory 6 years ago and 3 straight losses to his credit (1 of which was understandable, but 2 of which were complete botches), but they allowed him to convince a significant portion of their voter base that he actually won each time by epic margins. 

A logical republican says Trump isn't winning, we need to move on to DeSantis, but he has to convince his MAGA allies to move onto DeSantis from Trump who has won 4 straight elections in a landslide and is the only one who can save this country from absolute ruin and systematic liberal sex trafficking pedos.

Good luck.

I wrongly predicted the media and Dems would throw Biden overboard after the midterms and am hoping the alternative is Trump being the one FINALLY getting thrown overboard. Though I have zero faith in the GOP doing anything outside of stepping on their own ****.

RE: 2022 Election Results Thread - Nately120 - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 11:57 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I wrongly predicted the media and Dems would throw Biden overboard after the midterms and am hoping the alternative is Trump being the one FINALLY getting thrown overboard. Though I have zero faith in the GOP doing anything outside of stepping on their own ****.

I can see why both parties want to jettison their respective historically unpopular presidents and move on.  With that being said as I type this there are still candidates who are running and in some cases winning based upon the notion that Trump won the 2020 election by a landslide.

I can picture Biden passing the baton, Trump not so much.  The GOP has 2 years to deprogram a significant portion of their base who has spent 8 years in a cult like atmosphere and then hope and pray that Trump doesn't run as a 3rd party so he can get 10% of their vote, lay down a red (blue?) carpet for a democrat the quality of which won't matter at all, and then say "It was rigged, send me $250 million dollars again."

I see TRUMP 2024 flags and signs and shirts and hats all over the place here in rural PA.  Even if Trump dies tomorrow I feel like a democrat-enabling portion of that base would "know" that if they all write in TRUMP on the ballot that he'll reveal himself and have DeSantis and Biden and so on and so forth arrested and executed.

Forgive me for being so unreasonably fascinated by all this...I've always been of the "people watching" midnset of politics and this stuff is just overstimulating. 

Oh also, I know people here in PA who are convinced the Trump endorsed candidates of Oz and Mastriano actually won.  Trump still has the golden touch, after all he won PA in 2020.

(11-10-2022, 12:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can see why both parties want to jettison their respective historically unpopular presidents and move on.  With that being said as I type this there are still candidates who are running and in some cases winning based upon the notion that Trump won the 2020 election by a landslide.

I can picture Biden passing the baton, Trump not so much.  The GOP has 2 years to deprogram a significant portion of their base who has spent 8 years in a cult like atmosphere and then hope and pray that Trump doesn't run as a 3rd party so he can get 10% of their vote, lay down a red (blue?) carpet for a democrat the quality of which won't matter at all, and then say "It was rigged, send me $250 million dollars again."

I see TRUMP 2024 flags and signs and shirts and hats all over the place here in rural PA.  Even if Trump dies tomorrow I feel like a democrat-enabling portion of that base would "know" that if they all write in TRUMP on the ballot that he'll reveal himself and have DeSantis and Biden and so on and so forth arrested and executed.

Forgive me for being so unreasonably fascinated by all this...I've always been of the "people watching" midnset of politics and this stuff is just overstimulating. 

Oh also, I know people here in PA who are convinced the Trump endorsed candidates of Oz and Mastriano actually won.  Trump still has the golden touch, after all he won PA in 2020.

Trump will absolutely not pass a baton. The media will provide him with billions in coverage, again, and he’ll give them the Trump they want. It’s a symbiotic relationship. He’s a fire hose of bullshit and they hang on to and react to every drop. It all sets up nicely for the democrats in 2024 regardless of who they wheel out there on a dolly. It’s up to the voters and voters themselves to rid the rest of us of Trump.

(11-10-2022, 12:20 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Trump will absolutely not pass a baton. The media will provide him with billions in coverage, again, and he’ll give them the Trump they want. It’s a symbiotic relationship. He’s a fire hose of bullshit and they hang on to and react to every drop. It all sets up nicely for the democrats in 2024 regardless of who they wheel out there on a dolly. It’s up to the voters and voters themselves to rid the rest of us of Trump.

Meh, the voters tried that in 2016 when 3,000,000 more of them voted for craptastic Hillary.  Then the voters tried again in 2020 when 7,000,000 more of them voted for craptastic Biden.

The voters have made it clear via their voting that they never wanted Trump to have anything close to this much influence upon our country, yet here we are due to the GOP doing everything in their power to use their political advantages to raise him to demigod standards.  The time to jettison him was after the one two punch of losing the 2020 election and the 1/6 stuff, but the GOP instead decided to double-down on him winning the election and the 1/6 incident being overblown or another sign Trump is right and a martyr.

Seems so far like voting and voters have been trying to stop Trump for the past 6 years and something else is keeping him in command.  Methinks you'll have to look elsewhere to rid yourself of this guy is all I'm saying.  The voters put Trump 10 million votes in the red, so I'm not sure what else they can do.

(11-10-2022, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, the voters tried that in 2016 when 3,000,000 more of them voted for craptastic Hillary.  Then the voters tried again in 2020 when 7,000,000 more of them voted for craptastic Biden.

The voters have made it clear via their voting that they never wanted Trump to have anything close to this much influence upon our country, yet here we are due to the GOP doing everything in their power to use their political advantages to raise him to demigod standards.  The time to jettison him was after the one two punch of losing the 2020 election and the 1/6 stuff, but the GOP instead decided to double-down on him winning the election and the 1/6 incident being overblown or another sign Trump is right and a martyr.

Seems so far like voting and voters have been trying to stop Trump for the past 6 years and something else is keeping him in command.  Methinks you'll have to look elsewhere to rid yourself of this guy is all I'm saying.  The voters put Trump 10 million votes in the red, so I'm not sure what else they can do.

I guess what I’m saying is he’ll be there in 2023-2024. Those who are planning to vote for him, be it in a primary or as an independent need to knock it off LOL

(11-10-2022, 12:41 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I guess what I’m saying is he’ll be there in 2023-2024. Those who are planning to vote for him, be it in a primary or as an independent need to knock it off LOL

Right...It'll be interesting to see how many Thanksgivings are marred by DeSantis fans trying to talk some sense into their MAGA relatives. 

(11-10-2022, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right...It'll be interesting to see how many Thanksgivings are marred by DeSantis fans trying to talk some sense into their MAGA relatives. 

It’s considered talking sense now. But once Trump is FINALLY jettisoned, Tiny Ron DeSanctimonious or whoever the next one is, will be the next literally Hitler. But that’s a different discussion.

Also, the thing I’m thankful for each year my family doesn’t talk politics on Thanksgiving.

(11-10-2022, 12:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s considered talking sense now. But once Trump is FINALLY jettisoned, Tiny Ron DeSanctimonious or whoever the next one is, will be the next literally Hitler. But that’s a different discussion.

Also, the thing I’m thankful for each year my family doesn’t talk politics on Thanksgiving.

Yes to the DeSantis thing, the left is ready to treat him as the next great threat and I can see why, at least from their perspective.  Lordy, democrats would plotz if Trump's upcoming "big announcement" were to be that he was retiring from 2024 and putting his full support behind DeSantis.  That'd be the least likely thing ever, but still.

RE: 2022 Election Results Thread - BengalYankee - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 12:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s considered talking sense now. But once Trump is FINALLY jettisoned, Tiny Ron DeSanctimonious or whoever the next one is, will be the next literally Hitler. But that’s a different discussion.

The Media & Hollywood will always have their Republican patsy to beat down.

I can remember Dan Quayle, Sarah Palin, Donald Trump.

(11-10-2022, 03:50 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Media & Hollywood will always have their Republican patsy to beat down.

Quayle was overly mocked for various flubs, but Palin and Trump thrived off of the martyrdom of being called out for their nonsense.

(11-10-2022, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Quayle was overly mocked for various flubs, but Palin and Trump thrived off of the martyrdom of being called out for their nonsense.

Whose had more flubs, Quayle or Biden? Hmm

RE: 2022 Election Results Thread - Dill - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 04:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Whose had more flubs, Quayle or Biden? Hmm

I think, over his career, Biden. 

I have been following him since the 80s.

He first got on my radar with the plagiarism charge.

But both those guys are "normal" politicians.

Neither is in the category of Palin or Trump.

RE: 2022 Election Results Thread - Dill - 11-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 12:20 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Trump will absolutely not pass a baton. The media will provide him with billions in coverage, again, and he’ll give them the Trump they want. It’s a symbiotic relationship. He’s a fire hose of bullshit and they hang on to and react to every drop. It all sets up nicely for the democrats in 2024 regardless of who they wheel out there on a dolly. It’s up to the voters and voters themselves to rid the rest of us of Trump.

They hang on because millions of voters hang on to and react to every drop.

If that weren't the case, there'd be no coverage.

(11-10-2022, 04:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Whose had more flubs, Quayle or Biden? Hmm

Hard to tell, really.  But for Biden and Quayle I'd say they are both reasonable guys that were prone to gaffes.  Palin and Trump are more of the cartoonish and extreme variety than Quayle and Biden, really.

(11-10-2022, 03:50 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Media & Hollywood will always have their Republican patsy to beat down.

I’d love to see the results of a poll regarding who actually said “I can see Russia from my house.”

(11-10-2022, 04:47 PM)Dill Wrote: I think, over his career, Biden. 

I have been following him since the 80s.

He first got on my radar with the plagiarism charge.

But both those guys are "normal" politicians.

Neither is in the category of Palin or Trump.

It's unfair to use Biden's career.

Quayle 1988-1992 vs Biden 2021-present

I think it is still Biden who has more flubs.

(11-10-2022, 04:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’d love to see the results of a poll regarding who actually said “I can see Russia from my house.”

It's almost uncanny how many people think she actually said that.  What she said wasn't that much smarter, but still.

(11-10-2022, 04:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: It's unfair to use Biden's career.

Quayle 1988-1992 vs Biden 2021-present

I think it is still Biden who has more flubs.

Flubs are a bit overblown.  Biden and Quayle have made flubs but they've also both been caught in BS and lies and completely called out and humiliated, but meh...they both got elected so meh.

(11-10-2022, 04:50 PM)Dill Wrote: They hang on because millions of voters hang on to and react to every drop.

If that weren't the case, there'd be no coverage.

How many voters did he have when he came down the escalator?

They had him on tv any time they could get him. Propped him up so Hillary could waltz into the White House, and it backfired. They’ll do it again. Especially seeing how well the democratic candidates did in races against republicans who democrats funded in the primaries this go ‘round.

(11-10-2022, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Quayle was overly mocked for various flubs, but Palin and Trump thrived off of the martyrdom of being called out for their nonsense.

The issue is Quayle, Palin and Trump are/were the jokes of the Media and Hollywood and I am not including this guy.

P.S. They all have one thing in common.  Smirk

[Image: american-funny.gif][Image: bush.gif][Image: Bush_handshake_wipe_Clinton.gif]

(11-10-2022, 05:08 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The issue is Quayle, Palin and Trump are/were the jokes of the Media and Hollywood and I am not including this guy.

Dubya played up the goofy persona to soften the nepotistic war criminal he really was.  Palin and Trump are legitimately media personalities who took a stab at politics and fizzled out relatively quickly. 

Comparing Palin and Trump, despite their short-lived political successes, to long-term politicians like Quayle, Biden, and Bush is a bit off.  The media ran every president in the television era starting with Nixon's unsuccessful 1960 bid vs JFK through the ringer.  

Nixon was ugly
LBJ was ugly and offputtingly imposing
Ford was a dumbass who fell down a lot
Carter was a southern dumbass because he had a southern accent even though he was almost Rhodes scholar
Reagan was a senile and his wife fell down enough that the media loved to speculate that she was "against drugs but clearly a chronic alcoholic"
Clinton was a legit Rhodes scholar but he was a dumbass because he was from Arkansas
Gore was a boring robot and Bush...well, see above

and so on

The media has been out to get politicians since 1960 when everyone on the radio thought Nixon trounced JFK but the TV people said the opposite....damn you television.