Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports (/Thread-Bengals-top-10-most-popular-team-in-American-sports)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Nicomo Cosca - 11-15-2022

Pretty cool. What a difference having a true franchise QB makes.

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - jason - 11-15-2022

Wow... I remember the poll that said those with no rooting interest were pulling for us in the playoffs. I wonder if we've picked up a sizable LSU contingent.

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - TheLeonardLeap - 11-15-2022

[Image: press-x-to-doubt-la-noir-original-meme-template.jpg]

I wonder what their criteria is for "popular" is, but regardless of that it just seems highly unlikely that the Bengals are in the top-10 of all teams in all sports in America.

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Nicomo Cosca - 11-15-2022

(11-15-2022, 10:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: press-x-to-doubt-la-noir-original-meme-template.jpg]

I wonder what their criteria is for "popular" is, but regardless of that it just seems highly unlikely that the Bengals are in the top-10 of all teams in all sports in America.

[Image: DebbieDowner.webp]

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Nicomo Cosca - 11-15-2022

(11-15-2022, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: Wow... I remember the poll that said those with no rooting interest were pulling for us in the playoffs. I wonder if we've picked up a sizable LSU contingent.

Probably. Burrow is one of the top selling jerseys, and I doubt it’s all from just Bengals fans.

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - TecmoBengals - 11-15-2022

This is cool to see. I'll take it as a proud Bengals fan.

[Image: joe-burrow-cigar-cincinnati-bengals.gif]

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-16-2022

(11-15-2022, 10:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is cool to see. I'll take it as a proud Bengals fan.

[Image: joe-burrow-cigar-cincinnati-bengals.gif]

Go BGSU!

And yes, the boost in popularity doesn't hurt!

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Destro - 11-16-2022

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Go Cards - 11-16-2022

Although I agree the Bengals have added to their fan base greatly, especially the LSU faithful.

Still have a hard time believing Bengals are the top 10 most popular.

Yet happy to get the publicity.

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - NATI BENGALS - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 12:38 AM)Destro Wrote: Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me

[attachment=1881]

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - SHRacerX - 11-16-2022

(11-15-2022, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

One could look at this and think baseball is more popular than football....It isn't.  Not even close.  Cool that the Bengals are on there...and the steelers aren't.  

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Go Cards - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One could look at this and think baseball is more popular than football....It isn't.  Not even close.  Cool that the Bengals are on there...and the steelers aren't.  

Trust me the NBA isn't more popular either. 

NFL is the King over both these sports but these teams probably ar popular.  Just don't know about being the top 4. 

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - SunsetBengal - 11-16-2022

(11-15-2022, 10:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: press-x-to-doubt-la-noir-original-meme-template.jpg]

Kinda wondering the same thing.  My first thought when I saw the thread title was "according to who?".

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Nicomo Cosca - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 10:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kinda wondering the same thing.  My first thought when I saw the thread title was "according to who?".

I don’t know how much validity this “study” really has, but I do know the salt from all the Bengals haters (ie Steelers & Ravens fans) in the replies is glorious. LOL

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - bengalfan74 - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 10:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know how much validity this “study” really has, but I do know the salt from all the Bengals haters (ie Steelers & Ravens fans) in the replies is glorious. LOL

It's nice to see no matter how the stats were gathered, haha. I'd be pretty surprised to see that the Bengals after 3 decades of doom and gloom have really risen that far on the national radar though.

I don't know ? Perhaps JB has raised the bar that far ?

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 11-16-2022

I get called a homer now as a Georgia Bulldogs and Bengals fan despite following both teams for almost 20 years.

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - SunsetBengal - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 10:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know how much validity this “study” really has, but I do know the salt from all the Bengals haters (ie Steelers & Ravens fans) in the replies is glorious. LOL

Any time the enemy fan bases get salty on account of the Bengals, it's a Great Dey!

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - PhilHos - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 10:52 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I get called a homer now as a Georgia Bulldogs and Bengals fan despite following both teams for almost 20 years.

Yeah, I still have to tell people I started being a Bengal fan around 1991 and I had to wait 25 years before seeing a Bengal team end the season above .500. Don't give me shit about being a Bengal fan NOW. Especially when from 1993-2009 I lived in, around, and near Pittsburgh and never stopped being a Bengal fan.  

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Luvnit2 - 11-16-2022

(11-15-2022, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: Wow... I remember the poll that said those with no rooting interest were pulling for us in the playoffs. I wonder if we've picked up a sizable LSU contingent.

I went to the Super Bowl in LA with my wife. We went to the convention center for the NFL show. We were there about 6 hours and we ran into at least 100 converted Bengals fans wearing LSU jerseys. We spoke to a number of them and they love Burrow and Chase. 

RE: Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports - Luvnit2 - 11-16-2022

(11-15-2022, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Anyone notice NFL teams missing?

Steelers!!!!!!!!
Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bills!!!