Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals top 10 most popular team in American sports

Pretty cool. What a difference having a true franchise QB makes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wow... I remember the poll that said those with no rooting interest were pulling for us in the playoffs. I wonder if we've picked up a sizable LSU contingent.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: press-x-to-doubt-la-noir-original-meme-template.jpg]

I wonder what their criteria is for "popular" is, but regardless of that it just seems highly unlikely that the Bengals are in the top-10 of all teams in all sports in America.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: press-x-to-doubt-la-noir-original-meme-template.jpg]

I wonder what their criteria is for "popular" is, but regardless of that it just seems highly unlikely that the Bengals are in the top-10 of all teams in all sports in America.

[Image: DebbieDowner.webp]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: Wow... I remember the poll that said those with no rooting interest were pulling for us in the playoffs. I wonder if we've picked up a sizable LSU contingent.

Probably. Burrow is one of the top selling jerseys, and I doubt it’s all from just Bengals fans.

Reply/Quote
This is cool to see. I'll take it as a proud Bengals fan.

[Image: joe-burrow-cigar-cincinnati-bengals.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is cool to see. I'll take it as a proud Bengals fan.

[Image: joe-burrow-cigar-cincinnati-bengals.gif]

Go BGSU!

And yes, the boost in popularity doesn't hurt!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Although I agree the Bengals have added to their fan base greatly, especially the LSU faithful.

Still have a hard time believing Bengals are the top 10 most popular.

Yet happy to get the publicity.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 12:38 AM)Destro Wrote: Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

One could look at this and think baseball is more popular than football....It isn't.  Not even close.  Cool that the Bengals are on there...and the steelers aren't.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One could look at this and think baseball is more popular than football....It isn't.  Not even close.  Cool that the Bengals are on there...and the steelers aren't.  

Trust me the NBA isn't more popular either. 

NFL is the King over both these sports but these teams probably ar popular.  Just don't know about being the top 4. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: press-x-to-doubt-la-noir-original-meme-template.jpg]

Kinda wondering the same thing.  My first thought when I saw the thread title was "according to who?".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kinda wondering the same thing.  My first thought when I saw the thread title was "according to who?".

I don’t know how much validity this “study” really has, but I do know the salt from all the Bengals haters (ie Steelers & Ravens fans) in the replies is glorious. LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know how much validity this “study” really has, but I do know the salt from all the Bengals haters (ie Steelers & Ravens fans) in the replies is glorious. LOL

It's nice to see no matter how the stats were gathered, haha. I'd be pretty surprised to see that the Bengals after 3 decades of doom and gloom have really risen that far on the national radar though.

I don't know ? Perhaps JB has raised the bar that far ?
Reply/Quote
I get called a homer now as a Georgia Bulldogs and Bengals fan despite following both teams for almost 20 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know how much validity this “study” really has, but I do know the salt from all the Bengals haters (ie Steelers & Ravens fans) in the replies is glorious. LOL

Any time the enemy fan bases get salty on account of the Bengals, it's a Great Dey!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 10:52 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I get called a homer now as a Georgia Bulldogs and Bengals fan despite following both teams for almost 20 years.

Yeah, I still have to tell people I started being a Bengal fan around 1991 and I had to wait 25 years before seeing a Bengal team end the season above .500. Don't give me shit about being a Bengal fan NOW. Especially when from 1993-2009 I lived in, around, and near Pittsburgh and never stopped being a Bengal fan.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: Wow... I remember the poll that said those with no rooting interest were pulling for us in the playoffs. I wonder if we've picked up a sizable LSU contingent.

I went to the Super Bowl in LA with my wife. We went to the convention center for the NFL show. We were there about 6 hours and we ran into at least 100 converted Bengals fans wearing LSU jerseys. We spoke to a number of them and they love Burrow and Chase. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Anyone notice NFL teams missing?

Steelers!!!!!!!!
Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bills!!!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote