Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2022 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2022-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-13-GameDay-Thread-Chiefs-Bengals)

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Housh - 12-04-2022

Telling Boyd to beat man coverage out of a shotgun sounds like a great play to me too

Jet sweep against that front wouldn’t have worked anyway

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Clark W Griswold - 12-04-2022

Leaving points on the board vs this team is not good. Need to sneak it again if you are goin for it. Could come back to haunt them.

Need a turnover to start the second half.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - jfkbengals - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:47 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I cant be the only one who thought he'd call something stupid

Nope.

Part of why I said take the points.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - cinci4life - 12-04-2022

If you would have told me that at halftime Kelce would have no catches i would have called you crazy.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Science Friction - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:42 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Not a fan. Simply because Taylor has been anything but Clutch this year.

What exactly did T. Taylor do wrong there? He didn't have a chance.

I would hve preferred two runs by Perine. No way he doesn't get a yard.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Nepa - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:46 PM)Destro Wrote: Romo even said it. How we began the comeback swing, so we give them the opportunity to do the same. Let Evan kick, up by 7. No shame in that.

No way is kicking it the smart move. KC with that much time and Mahomes could easily score a FG. Heck, they did it in a playoff game, against the league's best defense, with just 13 seconds.

They were playing it smart. Be the last team with the ball and score. It's just the 3rd down call came up inches short. If Dunlop doesn't shoot the gap, or if someone bothered to block him,  it would have been a TD on the 4th down call.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - SouthernFan - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:46 PM)Destro Wrote: Romo even said it. How we began the comeback swing, so we give them the opportunity to do the same. Let Evan kick, up by 7. No shame in that.

Absolutely, take the damn points and go up by seven. If they come out after half and score we’re tied, if not still ahead.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - grampahol - 12-04-2022

Everyone seemed to think this game was going to be a shoot out..So far? Not so much. 

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - TheLeonardLeap - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:46 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: **** you Dunlap….asshole

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blame Taylor, not Dunlap.

Dunlap was just doing his job well. Taylor was not.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Housh - 12-04-2022

Just get ready for worst case scenario

Chiefs score 1st possession in 3rd and Burrow gets the ball back down 3 as punishment for that call instead of Burrow coming back into a tie game

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - jfkbengals - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:47 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Burrow may have changed the call, very possible.

Even if he did audible to that, that play was there as the audible by the coaches decision.  Stupid to have that either way.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - iowahwky4cincy - 12-04-2022

Twice last year, they played poorly in the first half, but made adjustments & became a second half team. This year, they played (mostly) well in the first half.

Can they still be that second half team?

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Destro - 12-04-2022

No play for Burrow to change ( if that happened ), if you are kicking a FG>

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Joelist - 12-04-2022

Our "defense" gave up 92 rushing yards in the first half - that is not acceptable.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Clark W Griswold - 12-04-2022

Can’t really be too mad at the D.
I’ll take 10 points in a half for the Chiefs any time.

Of course it should be only 3 points but CTB came up with a weak 4th down tackle…

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - hoosierbengal - 12-04-2022

I realize I would be very conservative as a coach and that isn’t always the answer but I would have been ok with a 17-10 lead there. I wanted them to kick but I knew after Burrow ran the sneak on 3rd down they were considering it four down territory. I feel like we let KC off the hook there. Just felt like we needed to make sure we put something on the board there.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Rubekahn29 - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Our "defense" gave up 92 rushing yards in the first half - that is not acceptable.

They will gladly surrender the run over Mahomes. As you can tell, 10 points is very acceptable.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - Joelist - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:52 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Can’t really be too mad at the D.
I’ll take 10 points in a half for the Chiefs any time.

Of course it should be only 3 points but CTB came up with a weak 4th down tackle…

They dropped an INT on the TD drive and on the FG drive should gave had a defensive TD had the batted ball been grabbed by our defenders right there. 

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - michaelsean - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:51 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Twice last year, they played poorly in the first half, but made adjustments & became a second half team. This year, they played (mostly) well in the first half.

Can they still be that second half team?

The adjustments they made left the run game wide open and for some reason the Chiefs stopped running the ball. They are running the ball today and will probably continue.

RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 07:51 PM)Destro Wrote: No play for Burrow to change ( if that happened ), if you are kicking a FG>

If Burrow has the power to change plays then that play call is also on him.

20/20 hindsight but why didn't we give Perine 2 shots? That Burrow QB sneak on 3rd, OK, but the 4th sneak would have had a better chance than that play. Perine should have  gotten both runs. He ahs to do this all year, watch Mixon put up shitty performances all year and even when he comes in and runs well, the team doesn't trust him. I think our coaching staff hasn't adjusted to Perine yet.