Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2022 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2022-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** (/Thread-AFCCG-PLAYOFF-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Chiefs--34722)

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Rubekahn29 - 01-29-2023

If they can come back and win that defensive stand after the interception will prove massive

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Housh - 01-29-2023

I commend getting points but we’ve gotta score TDs in the second half

Mahommes could come right out and put us down 21-6. We have to score TDs

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Bad timeout management on that drive. However, the offense is slowly starting to come out of its stupor. I think had we not had the dumb INT we likely have another 3 right now.

Maybe. At least that Pick didn't cost us anything. This game was dangerously close to absolute meltdown, but we're still very in this.

Defence needs to get some coverage on the Chiefs. One drive without points in that half. I don't think we'll keep up if the defence doesn't improve that ratio.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - jfkbengals - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:08 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Unfortunately they get the ball back and our D hasn’t stopped them. Think they believed Mahomes would be hobbled

They're last drive was 3 and out, and we have held them to 13.  What exactly do you mean that the D hasn't stopped them?

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - JumboTron - 01-29-2023

If only this team had experience playing from behind after a rough first half......on the road.....in KC.....in the AFCCG.....

If only.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Bilbo Saggins - 01-29-2023

The Cheifs know that Burrow likes to go to the sideline against cover 2. I wonder if they'll try to split the safeties down the middle or throw over these ILBs. 

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Joelist - 01-29-2023

Defensively the big issue was we played Kelce WAY too soft. Also bad tackling a couple of times.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - BillsGuy1986 - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That first half was a disaster.

.... not realy

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - TKUHL - 01-29-2023

Oline showing it’s ugly face again. Joe does not look comfortable at all. Wish he would have rolled out a little there, but couldn’t take a sack. Down 7 when it should be 21 so I’ll take it. We desperately need done Lou magic in the 2nd and both lines to play better.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Earendil - 01-29-2023

I think they have figured out what the Chiefs are doing on defense. Look for the receivers to start getting open more.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Stonyhands - 01-29-2023

Absolutely terrible clock management on that drive. Should have spiked it on 1st and goal. Would have given us 2 shots at the end zone. Also would have spiked it on 1st downs and kept the timeout or two.

The lack of pressure on Mahomes is killing is. The soft coverage and not double teaming Kelce on 4th down was an absolute bonehead play call.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Housh - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They're last drive was 3 and out, and we have held them to 13.  What exactly do you mean that the D hasn't stopped them?

Ppl just sayin anything

How he said that directly after we just stopped them and scored points off the stop is insane

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Bengalstripes9 - 01-29-2023

Good to see Higgins and Chase come alive a little bit there that drive. Hope to see them get into a groove in the second half.
Chase needs a tudd.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - SouthernFan - 01-29-2023

Just did a rewind, that play to Perine was definitely a 1st down. Should have been reviewed. Ended up costing us two time outs.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - leonardfan40 - 01-29-2023

Plenty of reasons for optimism.

Defense has shut down the run and got a big 3 and out that series after the turnover.

Offense started clicking in the 2nd qtr. If we have 30 more seconds we punch that last series in. Calling Mixon short of first down (didn’t see a replay to see if he really was or no) was a 4 point play.

We were down 11 points last time, only down one score now. Our team beats them in the 2nd half last year on both sides of the ball with a worse o line.

If defense gets a stop after half, watch out.

(01-29-2023, 10:11 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Absolutely terrible clock management on that drive. Should have spiked it on 1st and goal. Would have given us 2 shots at the end zone. Also would have spiked it on 1st downs and kept the timeout or two.

The lack of pressure on Mahomes is killing is. The soft coverage and not double teaming Kelce on 4th down was an absolute bonehead play call.

Was a great call

Pat had no1 to throw to for a long time

Bates just can’t be asked to cover Kelce that long

We’ve gotta get pressure

Lou is playing more conservatively than i thought he would

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - NUGDUKWE - 01-29-2023

Alright sweet Lou. I've said it before but now I really mean it. Bring your sweet magic in this 2nd half and we're getting you a statue built.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - grampahol - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That first half was a disaster.

Not really.. Just 13-6..it's a one score game.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They're last drive was 3 and out, and we have held them to 13.  What exactly do you mean that the D hasn't stopped them?

That last drive was the only time we stopped them. Only drive without points. The other drives were all long drives, neither FG was a long one.

We've stopped them scoring points (obviously the most important thing), but there's no question the Chiefs have moved the ball on us. Tightened up where it mattered though.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - The American Dream - 01-29-2023

Chiefs are not doing anything special, we just have got to get more pressure on Mahomes. Kelce is a HoF tight end so must stick with him, ridiculous he always seems to be wide open. Down 7 points, I will take it. Big stop needed to start the half.