Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2022 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2022-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** (/Thread-AFCCG-PLAYOFF-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Chiefs--34722)

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - RunKijanaRun - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:13 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It was last year also! History WILL repeat itself once again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope you’re right

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - jfkbengals - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:12 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: That last drive was the only time we stopped them. Only drive without points. The other drives were all long drives, neither FG was a long one.

We've stopped them scoring points (obviously the most important thing), but there's no question the Chiefs have moved the ball on us. Tightened up where it mattered though.

The opening score was a 43 yard field goal to end a 39 yard drive.  Not exactly a short one, and certainly not a long drive.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - leonardfan40 - 01-29-2023

Who would you rather be? Chiefs fans with a one score lead after playing that much better than us that half? Knowing what the bengals have done to them recently in 2nd half’s and watching that last drive for both teams?

Or a bengals fan. Down 1 score, knowing the history and seeing the signs about it possibly repeating again?

***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Bronxbengal - 01-29-2023

The pressure is on KC! All that work and couldn’t put us away. This is Rocky all ver again.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Goalpost - 01-29-2023

Give credit to Chiefs D, they played well holding us to 6.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - TheUberHuber - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:16 PM)The American Dream Wrote: We are only down 7 points but some are acting like we might as well go ahead and pack up to head back to Cincy. Ton of time left in this one; we have phenomenal coaches, quite sure they will make the right adjustments at half time.

First time ey?

***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Bronxbengal - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Hope you’re right

It’s our destiny

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - NotBigzo - 01-29-2023

Game over maaAAAn.

Game over.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - JumboTron - 01-29-2023

This game is all going to come down to how we handle Chris Jones. Yes, Mahomes and Kelce and all that, but Jones is the biggest key.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The opening score was a 43 yard field goal to end a 39 yard drive.  Not exactly a short one, and certainly not a long drive.

My bad on it being a 'long' drive, but they definitely were moving it simply enough. Defence have held where it's mattered, only important play they've given up was backyard football.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - michaelsean - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The defense was never going to be the question in this game. It was always gonna be the offense. Right now the difference is the olines in my opinion. Chiefs OL > Bengals OL. The defense just needs to shut the down which is a very tall order.

Yes defense is doing fine. Online needs to get some cajones and play much better. Mostly the right side.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - StripesEarned - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:07 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Perine not getting the spot cost us a TO and a couple tries at the endzone

Yup looked like he had the 1st easy to me.That cost us a play, time and and a timeout. That run on the sideline looked close to being out of bounds too but CBS didn't bother showing the replay. I noticed lately tv hasn't been showing replays that could help Cincy for some reason at least not til its too late and nothing can be done about it. Have no idea why they wouldn't show replays of those 2 as it was an important spot and a huge time difference in a important situation.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Destro - 01-29-2023

KC is likely to come out aggressive. Shut this first drive down, it'll really lock in the second half.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - jfkbengals - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes defense is doing fine. Online needs to get some cajones and play much better. Mostly the right side.

I think it can all be fixed by scheme.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - TKUHL - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:11 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Just did a rewind, that play to Perine was definitely a 1st down. Should have been reviewed. Ended up costing us two time outs.

Been a lot of that this season, just accepting the spot and playing on drives me nuts.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:20 PM)Destro Wrote: KC is likely to come out aggressive. Shut this first drive down, it'll really lock in the second half.

Obviously every drive gets bigger from here on out, but a stop and a Bengals score absolutely changes the game.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Science Friction - 01-29-2023

(01-29-2023, 10:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It seems our RBs are always getting screwed for ball placement on 1st downs this season.  

Not saying that's what's occurring, but it's one of the easiest was to subtly influence games.

RE: ***(AFCCG) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - michaelsean - 01-29-2023

Chiefs need more pressure and slow the rush? Reid is just messing with stupid sportscasters.

(01-29-2023, 10:20 PM)StripesEarned Wrote: Yup looked like he had the 1st easy to me.That cost us a play, time and and a timeout. That run on the sideline looked close to being out of bounds too but CBS didn't bother showing the replay. I noticed lately tv hasn't been showing replays that could help Cincy for some reason at least not til its too late and nothing can be done about it. Have no idea why they wouldn't show replays of those 2 as it was an important spot and a huge time difference in a important situation.

NOt just us.  THe big play to Devante SMith in the first game was obvious to me that it was incomplete live, but then they failed to look at it at all until it was way too late.

Boyd out is huge.