Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! (/Thread-Get-Burrow-a-real-Oline)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - 007BengalsFan - 01-30-2023

Im tired of game after game watching one single pass rusher be able to completely disrupt the offense. Mahomes has 3 pro bowl players on his Oline. Hurts has 3 pro bowlers on his offensive line. They are playing in the Super Bowl. Burrow has a line with mediocre to bad talent. If the Bengals ever want to get serious about wining the Super Bowl they need to get better talent on the Oline.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - THE PISTONS - 01-30-2023

3 guys were out. Hard to overcome that.

Sometimes injuries get you.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - casear2727 - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:29 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im tired of game after game watching one single pass rusher be able to completely disrupt the offense.  Mahomes has 3 pro bowl players on his Oline.  Hurts has 3 pro bowlers on his offensive line.  They are playing in the Super Bowl.  Burrow has a line with mediocre to bad talent.  If the Bengals ever want to get serious about wining the Super Bowl they need to get better talent on the Oline.

3 starters were out with injuries, no team has awesome line depth.  This oline won every game since Halloween.  We will need a RT, LC wont be ready.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - michaelsean - 01-30-2023

Agree with the above two. They were missing three. No team has that depth.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-30-2023

I still think the OL we have is ok, but yes we could do with an addition in the offseason.

Tonight was hardly a fair resemblance of the OL.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - Boomer Anderson - 01-30-2023

Missed Collins and Cappa bad. Carman played okay. The rest sucked. Gotta run the ball. Damn

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-30-2023

On the plus side, Carman had another excellent game from eye test.

Clark had the one sack caused by the right side, but not really on Carman.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - THE PISTONS - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:31 AM)casear2727 Wrote: 3 starters were out with injuries, no team has awesome line depth.  This oline won every game since Halloween.  We will need a RT, LC wont be ready.

Yes. The reality of sports is when you have a really good team...you play other really good teams...and someone loses.

There will be a lot of heartbreak...and hopefully some SB wins.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - Rubekahn29 - 01-30-2023

Agree that it was tough with all the injuries, but is still think we need to upgrade both Tackle positions. I think Volson, Cappa and Karras will be fine next year. But you can’t roll with and LT who gave up 12 sacks and a RT who can’t move

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - Whatever - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 3 guys were out. Hard to overcome that.

Sometimes injuries get you.

Adeniji reverted to last season's playoff form.  The guy just wilts under the bright lights.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - casear2727 - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:34 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Agree that it was tough with all the injuries, but is still think we need to upgrade both Tackle positions. I think Volson, Cappa and Karras will be fine next year. But you can’t roll with and LT who gave up 12 sacks and a RT who can’t move

If Carmen takes the next step that could be huge for us.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - Jojo the Circus Boy - 01-30-2023

More disappointed they didn't run the ball more. We come from the more physical conference, have one RB that's 225lb, another thats 240lb. It's cold AF. If I'm a coach I run the ball down their throats. Sad thing is we ran so little we don't know if they could stop it. Also, were was all the Chase motion we saw last week? That worked well, why did we abandon it so quickly?

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - bfine32 - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:34 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Agree that it was tough with all the injuries, but is still think we need to upgrade both Tackle positions. I think Volson, Cappa and Karras will be fine next year. But you can’t roll with and LT who gave up 12 sacks and a RT who can’t move

Volson is below average. Keep Jonah at LT, move JC to RT improve our LG

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - WhodeyRay - 01-30-2023

I don't think LC would have helped today. He gets beat like a drum with speed. I can't believe this but Caram looks way better than Jonah at LT.

Does Carman now take over for Jonah ? He held up well tonight.
I’m tired of seeing Joe running for his life all the time.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - 007BengalsFan - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:31 AM)casear2727 Wrote: 3 starters were out with injuries, no team has awesome line depth.  This oline won every game since Halloween.  We will need a RT, LC wont be ready.

Even with those 3 guys, the Oline was not great.  Williams led the NFL in sacks allowed.  Collins was a disappointment.  Volson is not good.  The Cappa loss hurts but even he isnt a great guard.   

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - Housh - 01-30-2023

Are you mental

They did get him an o line
They just got injured

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - Rubekahn29 - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Volson is below average. Keep Jonah at LT, move JC to RT improve our LG

Volson is better than Jonah at their respective positions. Jonah was easily our worst lineman of the starting 5.

RE: Get Burrow a real Oline!!! - samhain - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:33 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: On the plus side, Carman had another excellent game from eye test.

Clark had the one sack caused by the right side, but not really on Carman.

If Carman acts like a professional and works his ass off this offseason, he should be in line for a starting job.  

(01-30-2023, 12:35 AM)Whatever Wrote: Adeniji reverted to last season's playoff form.  The guy just wilts under the bright lights.

HE SUCKED!!!!!!