Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
#NFL Rigged??? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: #NFL Rigged??? (/Thread-NFL-Rigged)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: #NFL Rigged - jason - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:52 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I'm seeing comments all over FB from fans of other teams that's it's rigged not Bengals fans

Consider the source.

RE: #NFL Rigged - Interceptor - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 11:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals RBs only ran the ball 13 times for a total of 41 yards. An average of 3.15 YPC. The Chiefs allowed 4.4 YPC on the season.

Boyd being out was pretty impactful, but I was happy to see Hurst step up some. Only 37 yards on 4 rec but a couple of those were big receptions.

And the Bengals were able to hold the league's best offense to just 23 points.

So what did this boil down to?
The OL, especially Adeniji, was bad. It's clear how much of a dropoff there was for (some of) these backups.
Chiefs were smart and gameplanned Chris Jones outside some to take advantage of that sieve of a right side (Adeniji specifically).
Bengals unable to execute anything really on the ground.
Bengals weren't able to take advantage of all those rookies in the Chiefs' secondary enough. Mainly because the OL was getting beat so fast.
Timely (and albeit sometimes BS) penalties that halted the Bengals momentum

At the end of the day, the Bengals lost to the #1 seed in the AFC and the team that's really been the best team in the AFC for the past 5+ years.
It's ok that they lost to them in the AFCCG.

I do hate that it's the Chiefs vs Eagles in the SB, as I don't want to root for the Chiefs but I also don't like the Eagles.

Yeah, I don't have any interest in watching the Eagles receive a Lombardi, either.

RE: #NFL Rigged - THE PISTONS - 01-30-2023

Maybe...just maybe...our players shouldn't have trolled the nfl for 2 weeks...

RE: There's no reason to watch a rigged sport - KillerGoose - 01-30-2023

I think that the majority of people who believe the NFL is rigged simply can't comprehend what they are watching. A lot of fans find joy in watching sports and throwing a temper tantrum. It's kind of like that. Most of the calls that were actually thrown last night I thought were reasonable, though I did disagree with the Hilton PI. I understand there are missed calls but those normally balance out for both teams. This is a situation where if someone sat down with a ref and broke down tape you would probably get insightful explanations as to why it was called, and for the non-calls, you'd probably learn intricacies of the rules. Or, you'd get a "we're human and missed that one. That's on us."

All of that is more reasonable than believing the game is rigged.

RE: #NFL Rigged - kalibengal - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:52 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I'm seeing comments all over FB from fans of other teams that's it's rigged not Bengals fans

yes my wife and her freinds who dont even watch alot of football were noticing and asking about it. It was very suspicous all these calls or non calls all game and then we get  a  "do over"? WTF NFL and Goodell!?? 
Burrow gets drilled way after he passes and no call, but we get called on a weak hit on golden child?
admit our O line got worked and we allowed tht return but these calls helped tip the game     

RE: #NFL Rigged - Luvnit2 - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 11:34 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah, I don't have any interest in watching the Eagles receive a Lombardi, either.

#boycottsuperbowl

That would send the NFL a message

RE: #NFL Rigged - Memphis_Bengal - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: #boycottsuperbowl

lol

RE: There's no reason to watch a rigged sport - Science Friction - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 11:30 AM)jason Wrote: Poorly officiated game for sure. I definitely knew it would lead to cries of "rigged" by those who are susceptible to fantasy and conspiracy. This thread did not let me down.

Anywho... The offense didn't get the job done. Period. We're on to 2023.

I am one who has never bought into any conspiracy. I don't believe there are sky fairies out in space awaiting to take us to some heavenly home after we die. I don't believe the earth is flat. I don't believe there was another shooter on the grassy knoll in Dallas in '63.   I do know, however, that where there is big money, there is corruption.  It is extremely naive to think that the league doesn't have its finger on the scale in certain games to tip the scale 15-20% in favor of one team to make a preferred outcome more likely. And it is very, VERY easy to do, mostly through bad ball placement and strategically-timed no-calls.

RE: There's no reason to watch a rigged sport - jason - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:50 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I am one who has never bought into any conspiracy. I don't believe there are sky fairies out in space awaiting to take us to some heavenly home after we die. I don't believe the earth is flat. I don't believe there was another shooter on the grassy knoll in Dallas in '63.   I do know, however, that where there is big money, there is corruption.  It is extremely naive to think that the league doesn't have its finger on the scale in certain games to tip the scale 15-20% in favor of one team to make a preferred outcome more likely. And it is very, VERY easy to do, mostly through bad ball placement and strategically-timed no-calls.

I think you'd see a huge difference if there are full time refs. I think it's one of the biggest problems with the sport in my opinion.

RE: There's no reason to watch a rigged sport - Nepa - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 11:37 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think that the majority of people who believe the NFL is rigged simply can't comprehend what they are watching. A lot of fans find joy in watching sports and throwing a temper tantrum. It's kind of like that. Most of the calls that were actually thrown last night I thought were reasonable, though I did disagree with the Hilton PI. I understand there are missed calls but those normally balance out for both teams. This is a situation where if someone sat down with a ref and broke down tape you would probably get insightful explanations as to why it was called, and for the non-calls, you'd probably learn intricacies of the rules. Or, you'd get a "we're human and missed that one. That's on us."

All of that is more reasonable than believing the game is rigged.

I don't believe the game is rigged. But I felt the officials last night became intimidated by the raucous crowd, who reacted to everything the officials did, and as the game progressed, they just stopped calling obvious penalties on the part of the Chiefs. In the end, the Chiefs had only 4 penalties all game, while the Bengals had 9. There were officials right there for the push on the back on the return and the hold on Mahomes run, but they swallowed their whistles. 

That it was a very poorly officiated game was rather obvious -- many neutral analysts and talk show hosts pointed it out that it was one-sided -- but I don't buy into the rigged. i think more part-time officials, who have other jobs (middle school and high school jobs, etc.), who were intimidated by the fans or who let their own biases emerge. 

(01-30-2023, 12:53 PM)jason Wrote: I think you'd see a huge difference if there are full time refs. I think it's one of the biggest problems with the sport in my opinion.

Ever wonder why the league doesn't have full-time refs?  Think they don't have  the money? They want insurance salesmen and pig farmers doing this task for a reason.

RE: There's no reason to watch a rigged sport - Mickeypoo - 01-30-2023

After last night I don't know what to believe.

The officials definitely did not call a fair game, but we had 2 chances to win and couldn't get it done.

I am simply astounded that a multi-billion dollar industry can't figure out what a catch is and have officials that are this bad in the biggest games (unless that is on purpose).

Just no idea what to think after that officiating last night.

I don't think the NFL is "rigged" in the sense of final scores or anything like that, but damn, after last night...........................I don't know, something wasn't right.

RE: There's no reason to watch a rigged sport - KillerGoose - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:56 PM)Nepa Wrote: I don't believe the game is rigged. But I felt the officials last night became intimidated by the raucous crowd, who reacted to everything the officials did, and as the game progressed, they just stopped calling obvious penalties on the part of the Chiefs. In the end, the Chiefs had only 4 penalties all game, while the Bengals had 9. There were officials right there for the push on the back on the return and the hold on Mahomes run, but they swallowed their whistles. 

That it was a very poorly officiated game was rather obvious -- many neutral analysts and talk show hosts pointed it out that it was one-sided -- but I don't buy into the rigged. i think more part-time officials, who have other jobs (middle school and high school jobs, etc.), who were intimidated by the fans or who let their own biases emerge. 

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this, but most refs are lawyers IIRC. For instance, Ron Torbert is a Harvard educated lawyer. They don't have middle/high school jobs. 

I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to say, though. 

(01-30-2023, 01:02 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: After last night I don't know what to believe.  

The officials definitely did not call a fair game, but we had 2 chances to win and couldn't get it done.

I am simply astounded that a multi-billion dollar industry can't figure out what a catch is and have officials that are this bad in the biggest games (unless that is on purpose).

Just no idea what to think after that officiating last night.

I don't think the NFL is "rigged" in the sense of final scores or anything like that, but damn, after last night...........................I don't know, something wasn't right.

My granny only had a tenth grade education but she was one of the wisest humans I've ever known. She always said, Honey, trust your gut."  Mick, I say to you, trust your gut. It's trying to enlighten you to a substantive Truth.

(01-30-2023, 01:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this, but most refs are lawyers IIRC. For instance, Ron Torbert is a Harvard educated lawyer. They don't have middle/high school jobs. 

I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to say, though. 

Even worse than a pig farmer.

RE: #NFL Rigged - Clark W Griswold - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 12:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: #boycottsuperbowl

I won’t be watching their staged event but diehards of a couple teams aren’t going to make a difference. This is the one game where the casual/almost never watch viewers will all tune in not knowing or giving a crap about who’s in the game or how they got there.

NFL will be shady until Goodell is out

RE: There's no reason to watch a rigged sport - BillsGuy1986 - 01-30-2023

Poker isn't rigged and the NFL isn't rigged. That said, bias does exist and people make mistakes all the time.

Holding should have been called on the Ossai personal foul play.

(01-30-2023, 01:37 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Poker isn't rigged and the NFL isn't rigged. That said, bias does exist and people make mistakes all the time.

You saw it. I saw it in real time. The official saw it. Why wasn't it called?

(01-30-2023, 01:37 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Poker isn't rigged and the NFL isn't rigged. That said, bias does exist and people make mistakes all the time.

Influenced. Semantics, maybe, but outcome are not 100% honest and trustworthy.

RE: #NFL Rigged - Science Friction - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 01:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I won’t be watching their staged event but diehards of a couple teams aren’t going to make a difference.  This is the one game where the casual/almost never watch viewers will all tune in not knowing or giving a crap about who’s in the game or how they got there.

NFL will be shady until Goodell is out

Very shady. I'm amazed at the number of people who seem to trust that this guy is being honest and ethical.