Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 01:08 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You have to be joking. 

- In the end, the police stated they could NOT find witnesses to corroborate her story. 

- In the end, the police found multiple witnesses that VERIFIED Mixon's version of the events.

- The victim magically could recount in great detail a bunch of things that everyone said/did to her... yet when asked about what she said and did, her memory suddenly was hazzy and she had periods of not recalling her role in the escalation of the altercation.

The police found her to NOT be honest in these statements. She remembers all of this detail of everyone else's acrions that night while she was absolutely hammered and, yet, has no recollection of her own actions.... This is BS.

- The victim hit Joe first and her gay friend in the group DID, in fact, call him the N word. This was VERIFIED by several witnesses the police interviewed. The victim also admitted to someone may have called him that, but also said her memory was hazy and she couldn't remember who. Joe said it was her gay friend. Remember, police said they found Joe to be credible in his statements.

^ As I said in my previous post, if the above victim were a male who shoved Joe after having words w him and then got punched, this wouldn't be a story because most would say the dude deserved it.

BTW, she shoved/hit him 2x. Only the 2nd was actually caught on camera. The first punch knocked his glasses off.

- The Victim has a history of arrests and a criminal record. This was not some innocent college girl.

- Mixon's friend admitted to asking her to suck Joe's D because it was his birthday. When her gay friend started talking ish at the group in trying to defend her, a homophobic slur was used. This is how it all escalated. 

- In her statement regarding the incident she stated she wished she had handled things differently leading up to her pushing him and whatever she allegidly didn't say (she clearly said it) to provoke getting punched.

- If I recall, Joe followed her inside to apologize to her so they could all leave and she shoved him and insulted him, which lead to the punch. She was virtually black out drunk.

- Interesringly enough, Joe Mixon's side is the one who released the video footage. The victim's attorney and the prosecutor tried to stop them from showong it because it showed her as the agressor.

There are a great many articles on what happened written at various timelines. They contain a lot of different quotes, statements, verification of facts, etc. I have read a ton of them and these all seem to be common threads to the incident. That is what I meant by court statements. That was a poor choice of words. Statements to police would be much more appropriate.

^ To me, those are all interesting layers to the story over and above "Joe Mixon pinched a sweet innocent college girl".

I am not jaded to think Joe Mixon's a perfect human because he wears orange and can run fast. But there are layers, as I said, to what happened that night 8 years ago that leads me to just not care about it.
They released it 2 years later and only after the OK Supreme Court ruled the city must release the video. 

You can take whatever stance you want, but there's no way anyone defending Mixon with more than 3 brain cells would want that video released. 

Did the girl "deserve it"? You make the call..

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - casear2727 - 02-04-2023

- In the end, the police stated they could NOT find witnesses to corroborate her story. 

- In the end, the police found multiple witnesses that VERIFIED Mixon's version of the events.

- The victim magically could recount in great detail a bunch of things that everyone said/did to her... yet when asked about what she said and did, her memory suddenly was hazzy and she had periods of not recalling her role in the escalation of the altercation.

The police found her to NOT be honest in these statements. She remembers all of this detail of everyone else's acrions that night while she was absolutely hammered and, yet, has no recollection of her own actions.... This is BS.

- The victim hit Joe first and her gay friend in the group DID, in fact, call him the N word. This was VERIFIED by several witnesses the police interviewed. The victim also admitted to someone may have called him that, but also said her memory was hazy and she couldn't remember who. Joe said it was her gay friend. Remember, police said they found Joe to be credible in his statements.

^ As I said in my previous post, if the above victim were a male who shoved Joe after having words w him and then got punched, this wouldn't be a story because most would say the dude deserved it.

BTW, she shoved/hit him 2x. Only the 2nd was actually caught on camera. The first punch knocked his glasses off.

- The Victim has a history of arrests and a criminal record. This was not some innocent college girl.

- Mixon's friend admitted to asking her to suck Joe's D because it was his birthday. When her gay friend started talking ish at the group in trying to defend her, a homophobic slur was used. This is how it all escalated. 

- In her statement regarding the incident she stated she wished she had handled things differently leading up to her pushing him and whatever she allegidly didn't say (she clearly said it) to provoke getting punched.

- If I recall, Joe followed her inside to apologize to her so they could all leave and she shoved him and insulted him, which lead to the punch. She was virtually black out drunk.

- Interesringly enough, Joe Mixon's side is the one who released the video footage. The victim's attorney and the prosecutor tried to stop them from showong it because it showed her as the agressor.

There are a great many articles on what happened written at various timelines. They contain a lot of different quotes, statements, verification of facts, etc. I have read a ton of them and these all seem to be common threads to the incident. That is what I meant by court statements. That was a poor choice of words. Statements to police would be much more appropriate.

^ To me, those are all interesting layers to the story over and above "Joe Mixon pinched a sweet innocent college girl".

I am not jaded to think Joe Mixon's a perfect human because he wears orange and can run fast. But there are layers, as I said, to what happened that night 8 years ago that leads me to just not care about it.

This is as funny as it is a total lie.

The police had several witnesses that corroborated her story INSIDE, while all of Mixon's were on the outside and lied, as was proven by the video.

The police found her to be very honest, along with her friend - this accusation by you is pathetically stupid.  

She never admitted to anyone using the slur, that is a lie.

The video missed her first punch? LOL that is a first... did it cut out or something? 

Mixon lied about the encounter outside, lied about her supposedly calling him the slur, then changed it to the friend said it, but not before Mixon's attorney went out and spread the lie that the girl said it.

Joe never went inside to apologize, again that is stupid, everyone heard him saying slurs again to the gay friend.  Mixon only apologized when plead guilty.

Mixon did NOT want the video released due to the damage it could do to his future... how stupid it is to think she didnt want it released?  She wanted the video public as she was suing Mixon and the restaurant.  And when it was released the lawsuits were settled.

"But well-timed legal maneuverings by Mixon, and an Oklahoma state law, prevented the clip from being released."

Mixon's attorneys were the ones who eventually released the video but not to prove anything about the girl, that is stupid... but instead, due to a lawsuit by the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters was about to be decided demanding the tape be released and it would have eventually been released some time before spring 2017.  Do you know what NFL event occurs in the spring?

It was all about timing:

"His attorneys releasing the video tapes could be an attempt to blunt some of the public relations damage if he were to leave OU following the Jan. 2 Sugar Bowl against Auburn and enter the NFL Draft.

The punch and the fact there was video of it was no secret to NFL personnel. In terms of public opinion, it would at least allow immediate outrage to diminish with it coming out nearly five months before the draft."

Your false accusations are scumbaggish at best.  Whatever you may have read on Reddit is making you look beyond silly.  Do better.  

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Roland - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 02:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They released it 2 years later and only after the OK Supreme Court ruled the city must release the video. 

You can take whatever stance you want, but there's no way anyone defending Mixon with more than 3 brain cells would want that video released. 

Did the girl "deserve it"? You make the call..

Four brain cells here and I have no problem thinking that he wanted it released.  It clearly showed that she instigated the physical confrontation which is a different thing completely from "he punched a girl because she rejected him."   

Also, releasing the video removed any leverage the victim's attorney may have hoped to gain in negotiating their settlement by threatening to release it just before the NFL draft.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 04:07 AM)Roland Wrote: Four brain cells here and I have no problem thinking that he wanted it released.  It clearly showed that she instigated the physical confrontation which is a different thing completely from "he punched a girl because she rejected him."   

Also, releasing the video removed any leverage the victim's attorney may have hoped to gain in negotiating their settlement by threatening to release it just before the NFL draft.

I guess we'll just disagree if you think Joe and his legal team ever wanted that video to see the light of day. They did make a calculated move 2 years after the incident about 1 week after the OK Supreme Court ordered it to be released. IMO you and PDub are demonstrating that the tactic worked with some. 

Hell if all we ever heard was Ray Rice and his wife had a physical altercation in an elevator he'd had a much longer NFL career.

I've saved judgment on this older case (in this thread) and this most recent altercation, but I just disagree that Joe and his team ever wanted that video public until they had no choice. WTS, we must remember that the bar incident was not his first incident of aggression toward a female. He did so when a parking attendant gave him a ticket. Ironically enough and corollary to this current case. part of the aggression was carried out with his vehicle.  

(02-04-2023, 04:07 AM)Roland Wrote: Four brain cells here and I have no problem thinking that he wanted it released.  It clearly showed that she instigated the physical confrontation which is a different thing completely from "he punched a girl because she rejected him."   

It was reported that his team used an old Oklahoma law to suppress it, I actually quoted the statement.  They finally released it after a lawsuit and only did so hoping it would die down and wouldnt hit directly before the draft.

And the victim wanted it released to improve her lawsuit which was settled after its release.  She couldnt release it due to the judge's gag ruling prior to the media lawsuit.

You must not have read the previous post that had all of this spelled out?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - PDub80 - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 03:00 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is as funny as it is a total lie.

The police had several witnesses that corroborated her story INSIDE, while all of Mixon's were on the outside and lied, as was proven by the video.

The police found her to be very honest, along with her friend - this accusation by you is pathetically stupid.  

She never admitted to anyone using the slur, that is a lie.

The video missed her first punch? LOL that is a first... did it cut out or something? 

Mixon lied about the encounter outside, lied about her supposedly calling him the slur, then changed it to the friend said it, but not before Mixon's attorney went out and spread the lie that the girl said it.

Joe never went inside to apologize, again that is stupid, everyone heard him saying slurs again to the gay friend.  Mixon only apologized when plead guilty.

Mixon did NOT want the video released due to the damage it could do to his future... how stupid it is to think she didnt want it released?  She wanted the video public as she was suing Mixon and the restaurant.  And when it was released the lawsuits were settled.

"But well-timed legal maneuverings by Mixon, and an Oklahoma state law, prevented the clip from being released."

Mixon's attorneys were the ones who eventually released the video but not to prove anything about the girl, that is stupid... but instead, due to a lawsuit by the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters was about to be decided demanding the tape be released and it would have eventually been released some time before spring 2017.  Do you know what NFL event occurs in the spring?

It was all about timing:

"His attorneys releasing the video tapes could be an attempt to blunt some of the public relations damage if he were to leave OU following the Jan. 2 Sugar Bowl against Auburn and enter the NFL Draft.

The punch and the fact there was video of it was no secret to NFL personnel. In terms of public opinion, it would at least allow immediate outrage to diminish with it coming out nearly five months before the draft."

Your false accusations are scumbaggish at best.  Whatever you may have read on Reddit is making you look beyond silly.  Do better.  

This has become comical at this point. 

This article discusses how Mixon's lawyer released the video and how her attorneys did not want it released. https://6abc.com/sports/joe-mixons-lawyers-release-video-of-rb-punching-female-student-in-14/1660352/

Several other articles pointed this out. Here's another. Her lawyers claim a 2nd tape exists that shows more, which is the basis for their request the video everyone's seen to NOT be released. It painted their client in a bad light. Strangely, this alleged 2nd video showing everything was Mixon's fault was never released, seen, or spoken of by anyone. 
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/12/09/victim-of-joe-mixon-assault-doesnt-want-tape-of-incident-released/

In one of Joe's interviews with police, he claimes that she hit him hard enough to knock the glasses off his face the first time. I wonder if this is why other video wasn't released by her lawyers.

Here is an article discussing the police and statments

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18655340/police-release-video-joe-mixon-victim-interview-gay-slur-incited-conflict

There are many articles related to this from various timelines as statements were made and the truth started to come out. In some it is reported she said no one said the N word and the police backed that up... in later ones she said her friend said it, which did coordinate with Mixon's version of what happened. She also appologized and said there were things she wish she had done differently.

The ESPN article above leaves out details from her recounting of the incident which are unearthed in later articles. Her friend called Joe the N word, she grabbed him and ran inside after. BTW, I have no doubts Mixon or his friends cat called her and was crass. No one denies that an 18 year old Joe Mixon was less than elegant with his choice of words.

What Joe Mixon did was indefensible. I wasn't defending his punching a woman. However, I was saying that a sketchy situation with multiple layers and versions of truths and half truths to it 8 years ago shouldn't really be relevant today when the guy has been a model citizen since that happened.

(02-04-2023, 04:49 PM)PDub80 Wrote: This has become comical at this point. 

This article discusses how Mixon's lawyer released the video and how her attorneys did not want it released. https://6abc.com/sports/joe-mixons-lawyers-release-video-of-rb-punching-female-student-in-14/1660352/

Several other articles pointed this out. Here's another. Her lawyers claim a 2nd tape exists that shows more, which is the basis for their request the video everyone's seen to NOT be released. It painted their client in a bad light. Strangely, this alleged 2nd video showing everything was Mixon's fault was never released, seen, or spoken of by anyone. 
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/12/09/victim-of-joe-mixon-assault-doesnt-want-tape-of-incident-released/

In one of Joe's interviews with police, he claimes that she hit him hard enough to knock the glasses off his face the first time. I wonder if this is why other video wasn't released by her lawyers.

Here is an article discussing the police and statments

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18655340/police-release-video-joe-mixon-victim-interview-gay-slur-incited-conflict

There are many articles related to this from various timelines as statements were made and the truth started to come out. In some it is reported she said no one said the N word and the police backed that up... in later ones she said her friend said it, which did coordinate with Mixon's version of what happened. She also appologized and said there were things she wish she had done differently.

The ESPN article above leaves out details from her recounting of the incident which are unearthed in later articles. Her friend called Joe the N word, she grabbed him and ran inside after. BTW, I have no doubts Mixon or his friends cat called her and was crass. No one denies that an 18 year old Joe Mixon was less than elegant with his choice of words.

What Joe Mixon did was indefensible. I wasn't defending his punching a woman. However, I was saying that a sketchy situation with multiple layers and versions of truths and half truths to it 8 years ago shouldn't really be relevant today when the guy has been a model citizen since that happened.

So now you are saying the gay guy called Mixon the  N word in front of him and other OU football players outside?  Yeah, that sounds right.... geez.  At least get the lie right, Mixon said he was called that at the table inside.

Im not trying to smash Mixon, he messed up and paid the price but this making excuses is stupid and makes us look terrible as fans. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - PDub80 - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 09:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: So now you are saying the gay guy called Mixon the  N word in front of him and other OU football players outside?  Yeah, that sounds right.... geez.  At least get the lie right, Mixon said he was called that at the table inside.

Im not trying to smash Mixon, he messed up and paid the price but this making excuses is stupid and makes us look terrible as fans. 

I didn't make excuses. I said there's a lot to what happened besides Mixon walking up and slugging someone.

I'm glad you put aside the false stuff you were saying and now we are just onto where the N word was said. You're welcome for the links and for helping you get right on what happened.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - M.W. - 02-11-2023

(02-03-2023, 04:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Why? Because they're weak? Frail? Too small? Such a sexist and outdated  mode of thinking.

That said, the correct answer is "you should never hit ANYONE (unless it's in defense of yourself or others)"

BTW, Soonerpeace, I'm don't mean to me it look like I'm calling you sexist or anything, just using your comment to point out that in today's world where men and women are supposed to be equal, I don't like that some people think it's never okay to hit a woman. We should be promoting the idea that it's never okay to hit ANYONE (even though there are times when it's ok).

Such an enlightened and educated response.  I completely agree, violence is not the answer. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 02-11-2023

Why didn't Joe hit the man who said the N word to him ?

This just does not add up and either way Joe was absolutely in the wrong punching a college girl that violently. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 09:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Why didn't Joe hit the man who said the N word to him ?

This just does not add up and either way Joe was absolutely in the wrong punching a college girl that violently. 

Yes he was. He lost his temper and control and couldn’t be a part of the team his freshman year.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - PDub80 - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 09:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Why didn't Joe hit the man who said the N word to him ?

Look, breakong down a chain of events where a group of college kids - many of whom were wasted - were being assholes doesn't = me justifying the outcome.

I don't see why anyone reading what I wrote is trying to argue that I'msaykng what Mixon did was ok. I didn't say it was ok or acceptable. I said that it was a situation where  there's more to the incident than Joe Mixon just punched a girl.

People are painting him out to be Greg Hardy or something. The guy punch a girl who had already decked him once and shoved him after that while yelling at him as he was apologizing. Of course he shouldn't have done it. But people bringing up this alleged gun thing and trying to connect that dot to 2014 or whatever are grossly reaching.

BTW, I'm not some hard-core Mixon fan sitting here trying to justify anything other than rational thought.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - casear2727 - 02-12-2023

(02-11-2023, 11:45 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Look, breakong down a chain of events where a group of college kids - many of whom were wasted - were being assholes doesn't = me justifying the outcome.

I don't see why anyone reading what I wrote is trying to argue that I'msaykng what Mixon did was ok. I didn't say it was ok or acceptable. I said that it was a situation where  there's more to the incident than Joe Mixon just punched a girl.

People are painting him out to be Greg Hardy or something. The guy punch a girl who had already decked him once and shoved him after that while yelling at him as he was apologizing. Of course he shouldn't have done it. But people bringing up this alleged gun thing and trying to connect that dot to 2014 or whatever are grossly reaching.

BTW, I'm not some hard-core Mixon fan sitting here trying to justify anything other than rational thought.

She didn't hit him while he was apologizing, for ***** sake you can see the video.  If he was apologizing why would the girl push him or her friend call him racial slurs while he was saying he's sorry?  Seriously terrible take.

Uh oh Joe Mixon - Bronxbengal - 02-12-2023

This team doesn’t need this off the field drama. Mixon is not a leader. Cut the guy and use the money on a more impactful player. I am tired of Mixon and his running style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 02-12-2023

(02-11-2023, 11:45 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Look, breakong down a chain of events where a group of college kids - many of whom were wasted - were being assholes doesn't = me justifying the outcome.

Call me reaching out, but I know of 3 incidents where Mixon made news for negative activity:

Parking Ticket in college

Bar incident in college

This reported road rage incident

What did all 3 have in common? 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Synric - 02-12-2023

(02-04-2023, 11:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess we'll just disagree if you think Joe and his legal team ever wanted that video to see the light of day. They did make a calculated move 2 years after the incident about 1 week after the OK Supreme Court ordered it to be released. IMO you and PDub are demonstrating that the tactic worked with some. 

Hell if all we ever heard was Ray Rice and his wife had a physical altercation in an elevator he'd had a much longer NFL career.

I've saved judgment on this older case (in this thread) and this most recent altercation, but I just disagree that Joe and his team ever wanted that video public until they had no choice. WTS, we must remember that the bar incident was not his first incident of aggression toward a female. He did so when a parking attendant gave him a ticket. Ironically enough and corollary to this current case. part of the aggression was carried out with his vehicle.  

Tyreek Hill's stuff is awful but we rarely hear anything about it because there's no video. He has what a domestic violence and child abuse charges?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - samhain - 02-12-2023

It's unfortunate that Joe is involved in another, possibly violent incident.

He's innocent until proven guilty, and we only know what we know.

That said, his judgment has apparently not improved enough to keep him out of these kinds of situations. I get that he's a young guy and has more money than most of us could imagine having, but he or someone around him needs to get through to him. He seems to fail to grasp what he's doing to himself by failing to control his reactions in certain situations.

I just had a discussion about this very thing with a co-worker on a recent business trip. Our group was approached by some less-than well-intended locals in an urban area at night after dinner. They walked next to us and talked some shit for about 50 yards down a sidewalk. We did not know them. We didn't give them a reaction, they got bored and left us alone. He and I are bigger dudes and he's ex-military. I'm no tough guy, but appearance wise, my nickname at work is Thor, although some call me Hayden Hurst now, lol. He asked me what I would have done if they'd have confronted us in physical way. My response was one word: RUN. I'd do whatever I could to get out of there, no matter what without further incident.

Even if I thought I could win a fight with someone, there's little to no good that will come of it in the end for me win or lose. I have zero to prove to myself or strangers on the street, and I have an obligation to be there for and financially support my family, not to mention represent to company I work for while out of town on business. The only way I engage someone violently, even verbally is if I have absolutely no other option or if it's in defense of someone I'm with.

It's all about ego and impulse control.

Joe Mixon is old enough now to be held accountable for both. This is particularly true since he's already experienced first-hand how these situations can damage his livelihood. He's not a stupid nineteen year old away from home for the first time.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - KillerGoose - 02-12-2023

She decked him? Lol may as well say that Mixon was fighting for his life out there. Good grief. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 12:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: She decked him? Lol may as well say that Mixon was fighting for his life out there. Good grief. 

She was aggressive physically and verbally and he eventually responded very poorly. Mixon has a bad temper I’m sure it contributed to this recent situation of apparent road rage. But it doesn’t appear to be much.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - samhain - 02-12-2023

(02-12-2023, 12:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Tyreek Hill's stuff is awful but we rarely hear anything about it because there's no video. He has what a domestic violence and child abuse charges?

Peterson was the same kind of thing.  

He allegedly stuffed his kid's mouth full of leaves and beat him with a stick.  

I doubt he'd have benefitted from the long career he had if that was on video for all to see.