Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - PDub80 - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 06:18 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: We should've never drafted him, the only reason we did is because he fell to the 2nd round & Mike loves his reclamation projects. He needs cut for this newest incident to prove a point. Screw the extra money saved by cutting him June 1st. You don't change someone who breaks a woman's jaw while he is supposedly sober. Never liked him. 

You spelled MARVIN wrong. Since Marv's been out, how many cheap reclamation projects has this Bengals staff been forced to take on?

You're entitled to your take on Mixon. Everyone is.

(02-13-2023, 01:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am ***** rolling my eyes so far back into my head, I may go blind. 

Anyways, I think you have a reading comprehension issue so I am not sure I can help someone in your position. I haven't said anything about the chain of events, or the facts of the case or whatever it is you are forcing yourself to censor the post on. I'm not even sure we disagree, to be honest. You're just lumping me in with the other guys you are arguing with. I simply came in to correct you on your "deck" wording. Claiming that Amelia "decked" Mixon is about as laughable as that "they regretted it. A lot." paragraph that you just typed out. That's why I made the joke about "fighting for his life" but it looks like that one didn't connect with the neurons up there. 

THAT'S not why you're going blind (masturbatuon joke)

It sounds as if you're arguing semantics. Why? If you admittedly agree ir don't disagree with the sentiment of my posts, why are you all worked up? Deck, slap, hit, punch, push, shove, etc etc.... All mean the same thing in the sense of what happened and what I was referring to. This chick didn't beat him w a frying pan or something. That is obvious.

(02-13-2023, 04:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The parking ticket was brought up as it was another example of an act of aggression committed against a female by Joe Mixon, not because he didn't know where to park his car.  

But I do agree there's at least one "simp" in this discussion. Keep thinking it's others. 

There's a Tee Higgins unpaid library fines thread that needs starting. Feel free to get right on that and hop off of my @#$*.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - KillerGoose - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 06:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: THAT'S not why you're going blind (masturbatuon joke)

It sounds as if you're arguing semantics. Why? If you admittedly agree ir don't disagree with the sentiment of my posts, why are you all worked up? Deck, slap, hit, punch, push, shove, etc etc.... All mean the same thing in the sense of what happened and what I was referring to. This chick didn't beat him w a frying pan or something. That is obvious.

Oh, I'm not worked up. I think where you and I drift is I don't think it is semantics, especially when we are trying to have a fact-driven conversation. When I hear that someone has been "decked", I think of exactly what Mixon did to Amelia. Just as a sanity check, that's also how Merriam-Webster defines the word. So, when you have that mental picture in mind and see the video to only see her barely slap him, it generates a reaction of "oh c'mon now." It's kind of like if a Chiefs fan were to say that they "blew us out" or "kicked our ass" in the AFCCG. In the sense of what happened, sure, they won, but saying either of those phrases paints a very specific picture that when you see what truly happened, it kind of makes you scoff at what was being said. 

It's hyperbole, but I don't believe hyperbole has a place in a fact-driven conversation. Now, I didn't really take it too serious with my initial post. That's why I made the joke about Mixon "fighting for his life" as a way to accentuate it. I did post some of my more relevant thoughts to the discussion in my second post after you mentioned that we were "clowning ourselves".

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 06:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oh, I'm not worked up. I think where you and I drift is I don't think it is semantics, especially when we are trying to have a fact-driven conversation. When I hear that someone has been "decked", I think of exactly what Mixon did to Amelia. Just as a sanity check, that's also how Merriam-Webster defines the word. So, when you have that mental picture in mind and see the video to only see her barely slap him, it generates a reaction of "oh c'mon now." It's kind of like if a Chiefs fan were to say that they "blew us out" or "kicked our ass" in the AFCCG. In the sense of what happened, sure, they won, but saying either of those phrases paints a very specific picture that when you see what truly happened, it kind of makes you scoff at what was being said. 

It's hyperbole, but I don't believe hyperbole has a place in a fact-driven conversation. Now, I didn't really take it too serious with my initial post. That's why I made the joke about Mixon "fighting for his life" as a way to accentuate it. I did post some of my more relevant thoughts to the discussion in my second post after you mentioned that we were "clowning ourselves".

I think the most important thing we can all take away from this is that pdub is not trying to excuse anything Mixon did. He seems to be approaching it from an analytical view that...........

I'm sorry, I can't 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - reuben.ahmed - 02-13-2023

what about the stat that superbowl winners usually pay their RB like 2 million or less?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Roland - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 06:22 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You spelled MARVIN wrong. Since Marv's been out, how many cheap reclamation projects has this Bengals staff been forced to take on?

You're entitled to your take on Mixon. Everyone is.

Now you're trying to re-write history.  Mike Brown "the redeemer" was all about the reclamation projects and said as much.  

Quote:At one point during the run of arrests, Brown referred to himself as a "redeemer." He said he's now taking an approach more like his father, franchise founder Paul Brown, who didn't put up with bad conduct.

"The thing I do regret is how it came to make us, or put on us an image that I don't think was ever anything but a very small part of what we were and sometimes not a part at all," Brown said. "But if you want to blame somebody for it, blame me.

"In recent years, I've tried to go the other way. I've just thought it's too heavy a price to pay and we were going to go back to square one and bring in here guys that were sound people."

He recognized that the team still has a way to go to shed its reputation. That's part of why he signed on for another "Hard Knocks" series.

"It takes time to get a unit of guys that are solid people, and it takes longer than that to make the public see you in that light," he said.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9502979/cincinnati-bengals-owner-mike-brown-wants-alter-team-image

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 07:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: what about the stat that superbowl winners usually pay their RB like 2 million or less?

KC just won with Pacheco who only makes $3,739,108 over 4 years, not even a million a year.

His base salary next season will only be $870,000.  

KC has already drawn up the blueprint for success for teams having a great QB making $45 million a year. That is to go cheaper on RB's and WR's and protect the franchise QB with a great O-line and give him time to make his reads. 

Which is basically just common sense which JoeM seems to not exercise at times. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - casear2727 - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 01:33 PM)PDub80 Wrote: On the few occasions in my life that someone has been stupid enough to physically touch at me with violence, they immediately regretted it. Not a little. But a lot. Enough to know to not touch me ever again. 

I guess everyone else in the world is wrong, and you are correct.  If I knew how tough you were I would never have disagreed.....

This POS comment above regarding those that regretted touching you just puts the cherry on top of this bullshit sundae you have been trying to sell all week.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Murdock2420 - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 09:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: KC just won with Pacheco who only makes $3,739,108 over 4 years, not even a million a year.

His base salary next season will only be $870,000.  

KC has already drawn up the blueprint for success for teams having a great QB making $45 million a year. That is to go cheaper on RB's and WR's and protect the franchise QB with a great O-line and give him time to make his reads. 

Which is basically just common sense which JoeM seems to not exercise at times. 

If the Bengals followed this plan and moved on from Chase like the Chiefs moved on from Hill this board would erupt. Even if they won the Super Bowl after doing so, there would still be non-stop outrage.

That said, you are correct that the formula for success has been shown by the Chiefs. Find the elite QB, do everything you can to protect him and use draft picks and vets around him allowing him to elevate their play.

And before the debate begins about how they have Kelce who is a top target...sure, he is but he isn't paid like a WR. So that would say you should find a gifted TE like a Kyle Pitts and build that way. For comparison sake the cap hit for Hill in 2023 is $31,450,000 while the cap hit for Kelce is $14,801,666. It's all about smart roster building.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nicomo Cosca - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 10:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If the Bengals followed this plan and moved on from Chase like the Chiefs moved on from Hill this board would erupt. Even if they won the Super Bowl after doing so, there would still be non-stop outrage.

That said, you are correct that the formula for success has been shown by the Chiefs. Find the elite QB, do everything you can to protect him and use draft picks and vets around him allowing him to elevate their play.

And before the debate begins about how they have Kelce who is a top target...sure, he is but he isn't paid like a WR. So that would say you should find a gifted TE like a Kyle Pitts and build that way. For comparison sake the cap hit for Hill in 2023 is $31,450,000 while the cap hit for Kelce is $14,801,666. It's all about smart roster building.

I’m sure that would go over really well with Joe himself… Ninja

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nately120 - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure that would go over really well with Joe himself… Ninja

Well, he's probably not going to demand a trade or anything. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Murdock2420 - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 10:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, he's probably not going to demand a trade or anything. 

I think Joe cares more about winning then playing with his college buddies. At least it sure would seem that way from his competitve nature.

Pretty sure any of that "not going over well" that would have happened in KC with Hill being traded was quickly washed away by holding up the Lombardi trophy

(02-13-2023, 11:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think Joe cares more about winning then playing with his college buddies. At least it sure would seem that way from his competitve nature.

Pretty sure any of that "not going over well" that would have happened in KC with Hill being traded was quickly washed away by holding up the Lombardi trophy

And unless we’re trading for Andy Reid - having a top playmaker like Ja’Marr Chase will always make our chances of winning a Super Bowl better. When Zac Taylor enters greatest offensive mind of his generation territory we can start to talk about not needing elite weapons. Until then you build around 9 & 1 on offense.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 11:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And unless we’re trading for Andy Reid - having a top playmaker like Ja’Marr Chase will always make our chances of winning a Super Bowl better. When Zac Taylor enters greatest offensive mind of his generation territory we can start to talk about not needing elite weapons. Until then you build around 9 & 1 on offense.

The Andy Reid 1-3 versus Zac LOL and used 3 of our plays we beat them with this year in the Super Bowl? LMAO

(02-13-2023, 11:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Andy Reid 1-3 versus Zac LOL and used 3 of our plays we beat them with this year in the Super Bowl? LMAO

Listen Zac Taylor sig guy, I know the 3-1 vs KC is fun bragging rights and all, but no one within their right mind would try and argue Zac Taylor is even in the same stratosphere as Andy Reid. At least not if they want to maintain an ounce of credibility.

And it’s Lou who’s owned the Chiefs, not Zac/Callahan.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 10:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If the Bengals followed this plan and moved on from Chase like the Chiefs moved on from Hill this board would erupt. Even if they won the Super Bowl after doing so, there would still be non-stop outrage.

Don't think the Bengals will move on from Chase, yet also don't see being able to field 3 good WR's not on rookie deals and have a good team surrounding them either. 

Imo they need to keep Chase per being elite and being Joe's buddy and acquire a another solid TE. Then use Higgins and Boyd's money in the trenches. 
Can fill the other WR's spots with Vets on the cheap or players drafted on rookie deals. Actually Boyd may qualify as Vet on the cheap when contract comes up next, not positive about that though.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Listen Zac Taylor sig guy, I know the 3-1 vs KC is fun bragging rights and all, but no one within their right mind would try and argue Zac Taylor is even in the same stratosphere as Andy Reid. At least not if they want to maintain an ounce of credibility.

And it’s Lou who’s owned the Chiefs, not Zac/Callahan.

3-1 is 3-1 Big Guy vs Andy. End of story. 4-1 vs KC & Buff the last two years is 4-1.

(02-13-2023, 11:32 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 3-1 is 3-1 Big Guy End of story. 4-1 vs KC & Buff the last two years is 4-1.

So Kevin Stefanski is an infinitely better coach than Zac Taylor. Got it. Ninja

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nately120 - 02-13-2023

(02-13-2023, 11:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So Kevin Stefanski is an infinitely better coach than Zac Taylor. Got it. Ninja

[Image: reaction-black.gif]