Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nicomo Cosca - 02-14-2023

(02-14-2023, 11:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No argument that Taylor is not (yet?) comparable to Reid as HC. But, no, it's not only Lou who's owned the Chiefs. It's Zac and Lou and Callahan. We've still outscored the Chiefs in our wins and not because our defense was getting safeties and defensive TDs. 

Safeties and defensive TD’s, no. INT’s, forced fumbles, and multiple games where they held Mahomes to 3 points in the 2nd half, yes.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 02-14-2023

(02-14-2023, 11:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No argument that Taylor is not (yet?) comparable to Reid as HC. But, no, it's not only Lou who's owned the Chiefs. It's Zac and Lou and Callahan. We've still outscored the Chiefs in our wins and not because our defense was getting safeties and defensive TDs. 

Total B.S. argument and one loses total loss of credibility when they want to just give Lou credit for the Chiefs wins or the 5 playoff wins in 2 years.

(02-14-2023, 12:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Total B.S. argument and one loses total loss of credibility when they want to just give Lou credit for the Chiefs wins or the 5 playoff wins in 2 years.

Ofc the offense deserves some of the credit, but Lou has been the mastermind behind us having the Chiefs number. When you hold Patrick friggn’ Mahomes to only 3 points in the 2nd half of a game (which Lou did twice) you are doing something pretty remarkable.

Our offense putting up 34, 27, 27, and 20 is not quite as remarkable. Philly just hung 35 on them for example (and still lost because Lou > Gannon).

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Sled21 - 02-14-2023

Sorry, every time I see Andy Reid on the sideline this image pops into my head.....

[Image: EP0X5I0WoAA0Bex.jpg]

Zac should totally tell Ja’Marr to just outrun the entire defense more often…

[Image: Screen-Shot-2022-01-02-at-1.46.58-PM.png...600&crop=1]

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - PhilHos - 02-14-2023

(02-14-2023, 12:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Safeties and defensive TD’s, no. INT’s, forced fumbles, and multiple games where they held Mahomes to 3 points in the 2nd half, yes.

So, the offense didn't score at all and still won? I'm confused. How is it only Lou that gets credit yet the offense still managed to score more points than the Chiefs?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - XenoMorph - 02-14-2023

(02-14-2023, 02:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, the offense didn't score at all and still won? I'm confused. How is it only Lou that gets credit yet the offense still managed to score more points than the Chiefs?

Well the Chiefs have one the best offenses in the NFL....  (not defenses...)  

(02-14-2023, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac should totally tell Ja’Marr to just outrun the entire defense more often…

[Image: Screen-Shot-2022-01-02-at-1.46.58-PM.png...600&crop=1]

Right. Also, Mahomes is a shitty QB without Andy Reid. Rolleyes

(02-14-2023, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well the Chiefs have one the best offenses in the NFL....  (not defenses...)  

Yes, and what Lou did was great. I still don't see how only Lou should get the credit for beating the Chiefs, though.

(02-14-2023, 02:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, and what Lou did was great. I still don't see how only Lou should get the credit for beating the Chiefs, though.

And the mindset that a head coach is not highly instrumental in beating KC & Bills 4-5 times is so ridiculous it’s funny.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nately120 - 02-14-2023

(02-14-2023, 11:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nice to see Zac being compared to Andy Reid. Seems like only yesterday we were comparing him to Dave Shula

Funny what winning more than 2-4 games per year can do for your career, eh?

(02-14-2023, 02:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Funny what winning more than 2-4 games per year can do for your career, eh?

Or winking 4-5 from KC & Bills and playing in 2 straight AFC Championships for the first time in franchise history

(02-14-2023, 02:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Or winking 4-5 from KC & Bills and playing in 2 straight AFC Championships for the first time in franchise history

Yes, my point exactly.  When ZT stopped winning as many games as Dave Shula we stopped comparing him to Dave Shula.

It's like that time when I got a job and moved out and my parents stopped comparing me to a leech. 

(02-14-2023, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, my point exactly.  When ZT stopped winning as many games as Dave Shula we stopped comparing him to Dave Shula.

It's like that time when I got a job and moved out and my parents stopped comparing me to a leech. 

Yep just like Jimmy Johnson his first year winning 1 game. It took a #1 pick at QB to get things rolling to winning a couple Super Bowls and HOF career

(02-14-2023, 03:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yep just like Jimmy Johnson his first year winning 1 game. It took a #1 pick at QB to get things rolling to winning a couple Super Bowls and HOF career

ZT isn't just one HOF coach, he's all the HOF coaches.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - casear2727 - 02-14-2023

(02-14-2023, 10:22 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You seem confused... AGAIN. We are just talking here. Words are words. I don't enjoy violence or fights. I hate seeing it or being around it. I don't understand what's so gross about my comment. Help me understand.... If someone hits or strikes out at you, what do you personally do? Sounds to me as if you just let them hit you? I find that hard to believe, but feel free to tell me where my statement is out of line. I'll listen.

I'm the last person who would get upset that you have a different opinion than I do. I didn't say that to tough guy anyone or to intimidate anyone reading this. Not at all. Even though you're pissed off at this conversation, I would be the first guy to buy you and everyone else wings if there were ever a Bengalsboard meetup. It's fine by me if you staunchly dissagree and things are said in the heat of debate. We're dudes. I can dissagree with you on this but still agree with you on something else. But if people started hitting each other? That's a totally different thing.

I've honestly read everything you've written in the hopes to have learned something. Unfortunately, I haven't. The main points you've tried to make in this discussion I disproved with facts and links to those facts. The proof of that is that when I provided links and quotes directly refuting your makebelieve version of events - you stopped quoting and responding to my posts with the exception of cutting out little snippets like the above. In fact, you've basically stopped talking about the Mixon incident all together and just try to personally attack me. Why? < -------- That's rhetorical. I know why. And I'm ok with it.

As a combat vet and former golden gloves boxer it has been my experience that those that talk like you are usually the softest.

I can provide links and quotes from the detective, not just Mixon’s attorney, who was wrong about a lot.

But I’m done with the Mixon talk, you have shown yourself out with the victim attacks and obviously false narratives. And your tough guy “immediately regret ever touching me” BS is annoying.

Do better, maybe chime in on improving Special Teams instead?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 02-14-2023

(02-14-2023, 02:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Funny what winning more than 2-4 games per year can do for your career, eh?

Or giving someone more than 1/2 season to completely rebuild. 

(02-14-2023, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or giving someone more than 1/2 season to completely rebuild. 

Well they all thought Jimmy Johnson was over his head and they were wrong. They all thought Andy Reid was washed up when he went 4-12 and got fired at Philly. Some people just can’t judge situations.

(02-14-2023, 02:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, the offense didn't score at all and still won? I'm confused. How is it only Lou that gets credit yet the offense still managed to score more points than the Chiefs?

This is getting silly now. My original comment that sent Zac Taylor sig guy into such a tizzy was merely me saying it’s been Lou who’s owned the Chiefs (thought that was a pretty well established fact among our fandom). Our offense has done their part against them (especially the 266 yards/3 TD’s game by Chase), but it’s really been Lou’s 2nd half adjustments that stifled the KC offense that made the difference. Not sure why that’s so controversial to point out.

But let me make it clear so folks aren’t upset and we can move past this; Zac Taylor is a really good coach. I’m very happy we have him.

(02-14-2023, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or giving someone more than 1/2 season to completely rebuild. 

2019 wasn't supposed to be a rebuilding year, that's why we didn't trade everyone on the team going into the season.  We rolled into 2019 with hopes that ZT was going to get Dalton back to 2015 form, and use Mixon and Ross in ways Marvin never would.  2019 was a hopeless rebuild in hindsight.

I seriously don't recall us being ready to plummet to the bottom of the NFL going into 2019, I recall us declaring ZT and instant upgrade at HC and our week 1 narrow loss in Seattle to be very promising. 

EDIT - There was a pre-season win totals prediction going into 2019 and I know I said we'd go 8-8. I don't recall many people saying this team would win 2 games.