Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - TheLeonardLeap - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 11:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Time to bring in the Zeke. May not be the runner he used to be, but he's still one of the Premiere blocking backs in the league.

Now that he's been released and wouldn't cost $10.9m and a draft pick to get, I actually wouldn't hate a Zeke signing if he's willing to come on a low cost 1 year prove it/revalue himself deal. Even as less of a runner, I think he brings value blocking and catching. I just don't want to be committed to him for more than a year in case the wheels truly have fallen off. You'd still need to draft a RB for the future to pair with him.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Sled21 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Now that he's been released and wouldn't cost $10.9m and a draft pick to get, I actually wouldn't hate a Zeke signing if he's willing to come on a low cost 1 year prove it/revalue himself deal. Even as less of a runner, I think he brings value blocking and catching. I just don't want to be committed to him for more than a year in case the wheels truly have fallen off. You'd still need to draft a RB for the future to pair with him.

Right. WE can't trust Traveion to stay healthy, he almost never has. Give Zeke a 1 yr. prove it deal, with incentives, and we have our blocking back and then draft a speedster. If Traveon stays healthy, then great, I really like him as a runner, but he has to show it. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - TheLeonardLeap - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right. WE can't trust Traveion to stay healthy, he almost never has. Give Zeke a 1 yr. prove it deal, with incentives, and we have our blocking back and then draft a speedster. If Traveon stays healthy, then great, I really like him as a runner, but he has to show it. 

Zeke
Drafted RB
Trayveon vs Evans competition
7th round/Priority UDFA FB?

A FB that can catch a little just continues to seem infinitely more useful than a 4th RB as far as roster spots go. Even if he only is used on 5% of offensive snaps, that could be a very important 50-60 snaps where you're short yardage or goal line. Always nice to at least have the ability in your back pocket. Then obviously a FB is going to play some ST too.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - brian5562 - 03-16-2023

No on Zeke for me. I'd rather have a guy like Kenyon Drake for depth. Draft a RB in the first 3 rounds. For me Mixon is still in play if and only if he restructures.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - pally - 03-16-2023

Prosecutor Melissa Powers said Joe Mixon had a weapon at the time of the shooting, but did not fire and did not commit a crime.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - WeezyBengal - 03-16-2023

This whole thing is just bizzarre and still doesnt smell right.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Stewy - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:10 PM)pally Wrote: Prosecutor Melissa Powers said Joe Mixon had a weapon at the time of the shooting, but did not fire and did not commit a crime.

Wait I thought Joe wasn't there?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - BFritz21 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Now that he's been released and wouldn't cost $10.9m and a draft pick to get, I actually wouldn't hate a Zeke signing if he's willing to come on a low cost 1 year prove it/revalue himself deal. Even as less of a runner, I think he brings value blocking and catching. I just don't want to be committed to him for more than a year in case the wheels truly have fallen off. You'd still need to draft a RB for the future to pair with him.
Zeke's a hell of a pass blocker, especially in blitz pickup, which makes him valuable for us, and he's only 27, which isn't too young for an NFL back, but it also isn't too old, especially since it's not like we'd run him into the ground here.

Cut Mixon and sign Zeke to win a ship with us.
(03-16-2023, 02:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This whole thing is just bizzarre and still doesnt smell right.

Exactly. We don't need this.

I get that he had the gun on his own property but just doesn't seem right.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nately120 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Wait I thought Joe wasn't there?

That's what I thought, too.  He went from not being there to there and with a gun but not firing the gun?  What's next?  Stay tuned!

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - QueenCity - 03-16-2023

I don't love the Zeke talk reminds me a bit of the T. Owens signing. Although I can recognize it could be a decent fit aslong we they cut Mixon and draft another RB.

Mixon likely didn't do anything wrong but the drama surrounding him has increased and the amound he's paid clearly signals a cut IMO.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 03-16-2023

It sounds like to me Joe called the Bengals director of security and another in the house the police. A bunch of kids in the dark ( could easily be a gang) pulled up in front of their house. Now they should have waited for police. Stayed in the house. That’s on them.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Stewy - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what I thought, too.  He went from not being there to there and with a gun but not firing the gun?  What's next?  Stay tuned!
I agree that it is highly suspicious, especially given the fact that his sister is being charged with tampering with evidence and obstruction.  Sounds to me it is very possible that Joe might have shot the weapon and then the others are covering for him.....HOWEVER - if this was the case Joe would have gunpowder residue all over him with that many shots, especially his hands.  i would assume, they tested for that on the scene.....if Joe was there.

(03-16-2023, 02:50 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't love the Zeke talk reminds me a bit of the T. Owens signing.  Although I can recognize it could be a decent fit aslong we they cut Mixon and draft another RB.

Mixon likely didn't do anything wrong but the drama surrounding him has increased and the amound he's paid clearly signals a cut IMO.

You think it's most likely that he didn't do anything wrong?  The whole thing wreaks of fishiness IMO.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - George Cantstandya - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Wait I thought Joe wasn't there?

I believe that's what his sister, the one indicted for tampering with evidence and obstructing justice claimed.  I don't recall seeing Mixon or his legal counsel claim he wasn't there.  But I may have forgotten more missed that.  He was apparently cleared as a suspect on the 9th.  So where ever he was, which appears to have been at home, it seems they don't believe he was involved other than his association with the suspects.

Correction: On review I think his sister said he wasn't involved, not that he wasn't home.  I'm not sure where the claim he wasn't home came from.

(03-16-2023, 02:50 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't love the Zeke talk reminds me a bit of the T. Owens signing.  Although I can recognize it could be a decent fit aslong we they cut Mixon and draft another RB.

Nothing like the TO signing. 

TO was so arrogant that he was a cancer and gave up on routes here. He thought he was above the team. Zeke would at least go all-out.

Zeke's also a lot better of a pass blocker than Mixon, which is very important here.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - BengalBob - 03-16-2023

We've seen a transformation in the way the front office has operated in the last couple of years.

Mike Brown is about as loyal an owner as you will find in the N.F.L.

But Joe's got to go.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Housh - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 11:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Time to bring in the Zeke. May not be the runner he used to be, but he's still one of the Premiere blocking backs in the league.

Zeke winning a ring back in Ohio would be a GREAT story for us

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:10 PM)pally Wrote: Prosecutor Melissa Powers said Joe Mixon had a weapon at the time of the shooting, but did not fire and did not commit a crime.

He was afraid for his life and receiving death threats in connection to a Nerf War? In Anderson Township?

Where was he seen carrying the gun? Outside of his home? Looking to engage? While scared to death?

The only thing I’m sure of is I’ll never know the truth. From either side.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nately120 - 03-16-2023

TO did his job here, though.  2010 was a mess of a year and the blame game went from Marvin and Cedric "I'm fumbling like I'm back in Chicago" Benson, to Chad and TO (once they both missed the final 2 games and Palmer looked good with Simpson et al) and then onto Marvin again when he said he wanted out and then onto Chad and TO and Palmer and Marvin when they all wanted out, and then we eased up on Marvin once he said he was back in.

I always felt like of all the issues with 2010 getting 983 yards and 9 TDs out of TO in 14 games didn't need to be on the list.

But I'm not really on board with signing Elliot either.

(03-16-2023, 03:08 PM)BengalBob Wrote: We've seen a transformation in the way the front office has operated in the last couple of years.

Mike Brown is about as loyal an owner as you will find in the N.F.L.

But Joe's got to go.

Given the activity of the team trying to sign free agents and do things like build a practice bubble, I don't think Mike has much to do with anything anymore.

I'm just happy that Katie and Troy are willing to spend money and do their best to improve the team.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Sled21 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 03:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:
He was afraid for his life and receiving death threats in connection to a Nerf War? In Anderson Township?

Where was he seen carrying the gun? Outside of his home? Looking to engage? While scared to death?

The only thing I’m sure of is I’ll never know the truth. From either side.

Naw, he was probably getting death threats from some of our posters.... Hilarious