Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - grampahol - 03-21-2023

(03-20-2023, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, a banket statement. Sure, I've confiscated more than my share of Raven .25s and Hi-Point 9mms, that would more than likely blow up in your hand before you could hit anything with it. I've also taken more than my share of Glocks, ZSmiths, AKs, ARs, shotguns, etc. It's called stealing.... or drug money. Anybody wanting to paint a certain neighborhood (rich or poor) a certain way simply hasn't dealt with the people living there. You can't make blanket statements.

Yeah...silly society we live in..I guess I'm thinking back to where I used to live when everyone was too broke to afford much more than a hardwood stick much less a gun..  Different times I guess..  Mellow

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 07:40 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: You do know there is a video of the shooting right? And a diagram showing where the kid was walking before the shooting and after he was shot and took cover next to a shrub called a tree a foot away from the corner of his house. The video was linked in this thread if you would like to get a better understanding of what took place.

The video of the shooting is Joe Mixons sercurity cams.

Yep and everything points to the kid playing in his own back yard with toy gun. 

Odd that some are backing the other side of story. You know of the ones with history of violent offenses, that actually removed evidence before fleeing the scene, while having a paid employee call in what appears to be a BS story. The caller seemed to see everything even claiming he had watched everything for 20 minutes. Except somehow missed the finale where his bosses house guest starting firing weapons into the neighbors yard striking one of their children.  

Although maybe the police are involved in some sort of Mix-Hunt and are lying about everything. It is a possibility and that is why everybody is innocent until proven guilty and will be given their day in court. Mixon did not do the shooting yet was present and no reports have said anything about him trying to stop it or berating the guest afterwards for shooting neighbor.  Also fled instead of reporting the violent altercation even though he was an eyewitness  and it happened on his and his neighbors property. 

Believe Sled is probably right, they came out and confronted the boy who probably said something like FU knowing they have no right to tell him what to do in his own backyard and it did not sit well with the felon packing heat who then unloaded 11 shots. 

Would also think being neighbors they knew this boy already, yet just speculating. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 01:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hit.

Well, I don't know what happened to the cap gun and hat, but I still wear the Chaps occasionally. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 07:40 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: You do know there is a video of the shooting right? And a diagram showing where the kid was walking before the shooting and after he was shot and took cover next to a shrub called a tree a foot away from the corner of his house. The video was linked in this thread if you would like to get a better understanding of what took place.

The video of the shooting is Joe Mixons sercurity cams.

I do know the prosecution has presented evidence, but no longer being a Cincy native; it's not a story here. 

IF it's true that the kid was just harmlessly playing in his yard. I question why they didn't call 911 or originally refused medical treatment. 

None of this is said to "defend" anyone or advocate for "old west justice"; they're just a few questions I'll like to see answered prior to "rolling on 2".

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Sled21 - 03-21-2023

(03-21-2023, 01:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do know the prosecution has presented evidence, but no longer being a Cincy native; it's not a story here. 

IF it's true that the kid was just harmlessly playing in his yard. I question why they didn't call 911 or originally refused medical treatment. 

None of this is said to "defend" anyone or advocate for "old west justice"; they're just a few questions I'll like to see answered prior to "rolling on 2".

Yes, that is telling. Normally, when a person is innocent and gets shot, they call the police and report it and seek medical assistance. Could very well be more to the story..... I'm not realy following it, how old was the person shot? Dope deal gone astray maybe?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 03-22-2023

(03-16-2023, 09:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: FrXU7GnWwAA7pUU?format=jpg&name=large]

Well, seeing the weapon carried by a teenager involved in a Nerf War in his own yard I can certainly understand how Joe Mixon would fear for his life.

A Kel-tec? F’n seriously?

https://dayton247now.com/amp/news/local/prosecutor-to-update-investigation-into-shooting-of-anderson-twp-teen-during-nerf-wars-bengals-joe-mixon-lamonte-brewer-shalonda-ayers-road-rifle-car-stopped-high-school-student

Shot while playing in his own yard. I hope everyone charged gets the maximum penalties.

Anybody not being able to follow here is the link that oncemoreuntothejimbreech supplied. 

of course the defense is not represented here 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Memphis_Bengal - 03-23-2023

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1638989194809823251?s=20

Does Mixon have any trade value? - 007BengalsFan - 03-23-2023

Just saw this article on MSN.com that suggested a Mixon trade and wondered if Mixon actually had any trade value:
https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-nfl-trade-2023-offseason

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Nicomo Cosca - 03-23-2023

No one is taking on that contract.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-23-2023

No. Nada. Nyet. Non.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Hammerstripes - 03-23-2023

We'd have to give up a pick in addition to Mixon to get rid of him - just like the Osweiler trade a few years ago.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - phil413 - 03-23-2023

Probably negative trade value but not as bad as Brock Osweiler was.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Mickeypoo - 03-23-2023

I saw Elliot named Cincy as a possible team.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Clark W Griswold - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 10:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We'd have to give up a pick in addition to Mixon to get rid of him - just like the Osweiler trade a few years ago.

If it came or this then they might as well just release him and save the pick. It would still help their cap space so what would be the point in trading him?
But like others have said he really has no trade value because of that contract (and that should tell the Bengals that they need to cut or restructure him)

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - bfine32 - 03-23-2023

We could probably package Mixon and a 2nd rounder to somebody for a 4th rounder

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - phil413 - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 10:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We'd have to give up a pick in addition to Mixon to get rid of him - just like the Osweiler trade a few years ago.

Beat me to it.  Can't see anyone trading for Mixon.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Go Cards - 03-23-2023

Nope and the Bengals should demand a total contract restructure if they intend on keeping him.

Yet would just release him personally, just way too much money to pay a RB that's good but not elite.

Plus he can't block his way out of a wet paper sack.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Bengalstripes9 - 03-24-2023

No.
Release him shortly after the draft--whenver the date is to save additional money by cutting him after the date.

Alternatively, they may hold on to him then let him walk after the season.

With a better line he could bounce back.
But I'd rather go to quicker backs that can catch and block.
Shotgun has been our most effective running formation.
Granted we may see more success running out of a heavier formation with a better oline.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-24-2023

Josh McDaniels is currently dismantling his second franchise. I'd give that idiot a call.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - casear2727 - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 11:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We could probably package Mixon and a 2nd rounder to somebody for a 4th rounder

How much of his salary would the trade partner make us pay to actually get this through?