Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Bengal Dude - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one is taking on that contract.

Bingo

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - NATI BENGALS - 03-24-2023

After watching this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV2qiS9r9i8
I came to the conclusion he isn't going anywhere. That is if he stops making the news for all the wrong reasons. We are trying to make the team better. And we paid him a bunch of money for a reason. Because he was good and carrying us. With free agency picked over, the dead money, and Perine leaving town....

Mix it up!

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 03-24-2023

https://local12.com/amp/news/local/cpd-detective-disciplined-menacing-charge-bengals-running-back-joe-mixon-cincinnati-dan-hils-fop-chief-theetge-gun-woman-road-rage-dropped-invstigation

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - TecmoBengals - 03-24-2023

Any teams having interest in Mixon will wait until June to see if the Bengals release him.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - XenoMorph - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 10:11 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Just saw this article on MSN.com that suggested a Mixon trade and wondered if Mixon actually had any trade value:
https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-nfl-trade-2023-offseason

not without a restructure  or an agreement to restructure the contract

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - ochocincos - 03-24-2023

I wouldn't think any team would trade for Mixon, at least not before the draft.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Nately120 - 03-24-2023

[Image: Nanoo-NO-NO.jpg]

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Housh - 03-24-2023

No. He’s not good enough right now for a team to wanna offer anything over a 6th. But NO TEAM is gonna eat 12 million for an average back. Hes definitely an above average receiver but who gives AF when he’s a RB?

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - bengalfan74 - 03-24-2023

NO

He's like a top 5 paid RB and like 30th in production. Add in the fact that he sucks in pass pro and there's zero hope.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Go Cards - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 03:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: NO

He's like a top 5 paid RB and like 30th in production. Add in the fact that he sucks in pass pro and there's zero hope.

You know I thought he was the next Adraian Peterson coming out of college, so shows what I know. 

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-24-2023

This.

(03-24-2023, 04:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: You know I thought he was the next Adraian Peterson coming out of college, so shows what I know. 

Hey, he played at Oklahoma, so there is that lol

But yeah, had really high hopes for Mixon. His vision and pass blocking have really disappointed me though as these were supposed
to be his strengths entering the NFL. Never manifested or even improved in these aspects going from Okey to here.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - THE PISTONS - 03-24-2023

This.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - THE PISTONS - 03-24-2023

Kinda think Zeke is more interested in the Bengals than the Bengals in Zeke:

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 04:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kinda think Zeke is more interested in the Bengals than the Bengals in Zeke:

That is the way a winning HC should act ha ha

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - rfaulk34 - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This.

Hey, he played at Oklahoma, so there is that lol

But yeah, had really high hopes for Mixon. His vision and pass blocking have really disappointed me though as these were supposed
to be his strengths entering the NFL. Never manifested or even improved in these aspects going from Okey to here.

He's pretty much lived up to his draft profile (on the negative side).
  • Inconsistent as inside runner
  • Can be too patient at times
  • Looks for wide-open points of entry before he hits the gas
  • Can be nonchalant approaching line of scrimmage
  • Dances downhill allowing running lanes to become creases
  • Feet lag behind when headed into congestion and will get loose with his rush track inviting tacklers a chance to get a hand on him
  • Lacks creativity in initial stages of his run at times
  • Vision is just average
  • Fails to see backside cuts developing on stretch plays
  • Hops into his downhill cuts rather than a crisp plant-and-go

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 09:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://local12.com/amp/news/local/cpd-detective-disciplined-menacing-charge-bengals-running-back-joe-mixon-cincinnati-dan-hils-fop-chief-theetge-gun-woman-road-rage-dropped-invstigation

Shady

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - sandwedge - 03-24-2023

Funny, I heard Elliot has us as one of his 3 teams. I have thought about this for a while, would I take Zeke over Joe?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 03-25-2023

(03-24-2023, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shady

AF

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Go Cards - 03-25-2023

(03-24-2023, 05:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's pretty much lived up to his draft profile (on the negative side).

• Inconsistent as inside runner
  • Can be too patient at times
  • Looks for wide-open points of entry before he hits the gas
  • Can be nonchalant approaching line of scrimmage
  • Dances downhill allowing running lanes to become creases
  • Feet lag behind when headed into congestion and will get loose with his rush track inviting tacklers a chance to get a hand on him
  • Lacks creativity in initial stages of his run at times
  • Vision is just average
  • Fails to see backside cuts developing on stretch plays
  • Hops into his downhill cuts rather than a crisp plant-and-go

Spot on except they left out can't block and trips over the yard lines. 

Still the Mix is good, just not worth the cabbage he is paid. Of course I do not blame him for that at all, bad decision by FO. Not just because its him but just don't believe the recipe for success in the NFL these days is to not invest big money into any RB unless they're super special.  Plus he evidentially stills runs with shady characters. 

He's definitely a hard trade to make, better get somebody really drunk on the golf course before offering.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Sled21 - 03-26-2023

(03-24-2023, 11:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Funny, I heard Elliot has us as one of his 3 teams. I have thought about this for a while, would I take Zeke over Joe?

I'm thinking Zeke wants a ring on his way out....