Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - bengalfan74 - 03-26-2023

(03-25-2023, 11:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Spot on except they left out can't block and trips over the yard lines. 

Still the Mix is good, just not worth the cabbage he is paid. Of course I do not blame him for that at all, bad decision by FO. Not just because its him but just don't believe the recipe for success in the NFL these days is to not invest big money into any RB unless they're super special.  Plus he evidentially stills runs with shady characters. 

He's definitely a hard trade to make, better get somebody really drunk on the golf course before offering.

I was kinda iffy on the resign Mixon train. But I finally gave in mostly because I felt Dalton needed a strong running game, and I thought Mixon still had potential. But now it's clear he didn't have that much.

We could easily replace him with a mid round draft pick and Joe Burrow doesn't need that much help from a running game.

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Go Cards - 03-26-2023

(03-26-2023, 01:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was kinda iffy on the resign Mixon train. But I finally gave in mostly because I felt Dalton needed a strong running game, and I thought Mixon still had potential. But now it's clear he didn't have that much.

We could easily replace him with a mid round draft pick and Joe Burrow doesn't need that much help from a running game.

Believe it is time to move on as well

RE: Does Mixon have any trade value? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-27-2023

(03-24-2023, 05:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's pretty much lived up to his draft profile (on the negative side).

• Inconsistent as inside runner
  • Can be too patient at times
  • Looks for wide-open points of entry before he hits the gas
  • Can be nonchalant approaching line of scrimmage
  • Dances downhill allowing running lanes to become creases
  • Feet lag behind when headed into congestion and will get loose with his rush track inviting tacklers a chance to get a hand on him
  • Lacks creativity in initial stages of his run at times
  • Vision is just average
  • Fails to see backside cuts developing on stretch plays
  • Hops into his downhill cuts rather than a crisp plant-and-go

Yes and even added to it with his poor effort in pass protection, not good.

(03-25-2023, 11:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Spot on except they left out can't block and trips over the yard lines. 

Still the Mix is good, just not worth the cabbage he is paid. Of course I do not blame him for that at all, bad decision by FO. Not just because its him but just don't believe the recipe for success in the NFL these days is to not invest big money into any RB unless they're super special.  Plus he evidentially stills runs with shady characters. 

He's definitely a hard trade to make, better get somebody really drunk on the golf course before offering.

Lol trips on the yard lines. Sometimes it almost looks like that to be a fact though which isn't funny.

Joe Mixon's status still murky - bengalfan74 - 03-30-2023

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-news-joe-mixon-s-future-in-cincinnati-draws-murky-update/ar-AA19f8Ta?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=620b869acc5244989b0c5d7ebe8620c9&ei=28

Interesting comments by Katie

RE: Joe Mixon's status still murky - Sled21 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 06:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-news-joe-mixon-s-future-in-cincinnati-draws-murky-update/ar-AA19f8Ta?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=620b869acc5244989b0c5d7ebe8620c9&ei=28

Interesting comments by Katie

You can't ditch someone until you have a replacement. They are looking quietly.

RE: Joe Mixon's status still murky - Bengalbug - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 07:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You can't ditch someone until you have a replacement. They are looking quietly.

If they could get hunt, Zeke or Fournette on a 1 year 3m deal, I could see them potentially moving on from mixon and utilizing the draft for a long term replacement.

They could also just use it as leverage to try and cut mixons salary.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - dxdtdemon - 03-30-2023

June 1st is still 62 days away. If Mixon is still here on June 2nd, I'd be surprised.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Bengalholic - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 09:43 AM)dxdtdemon Wrote: June 1st is still 62 days away. If Mixon is still here on June 2nd, I'd be surprised.

(03-30-2023, 10:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Get ready then

Dehner and Morrison think there's zero chance Mixon is making 12.7m this year...thinking at some point, he'll be approached about a pay cut just like they did with Gio. Then he'll will have to decide what he wants to do, take less or get released.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 02:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Dehner and Morrison think there's zero chance Mixon is making 12.7m this year...thinking at some point, he'll be approached about a pay cut just like they did with Gio. Then he'll will have to decide what he wants to do, take less or get released.

I’m 50/50 on that

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 02:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Dehner and Morrison think there's zero chance Mixon is making 12.7m this year...thinking at some point, he'll be approached about a pay cut just like they did with Gio. Then he'll will have to decide what he wants to do, take less or get released.

Black print on black background is tough to read, but this makes sense

(03-30-2023, 03:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m 50/50 on that

Katie's comments make it pretty obvious they've made no commitment to Joe or know what direction things will go yet:

“There is a whole myriad of things that can happen. And I don’t want to imply that anything is going to happen or not going to happen because it all can depend on so many other things. It’s a big jigsaw puzzle and you put one piece in and maybe that changes the way you see another piece. So we just have to wait and see how things play out a little bit.”

They'll probably wait till after the draft and then figure out what they're going to do with him.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - THE PISTONS - 03-30-2023

So I read the quotes and thought nothing of it. Here's the audio. It's kind of stunning. She's being VERY careful about how she words the answer:

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - BFritz21 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I read the quotes and thought nothing of it. Here's the audio. It's kind of stunning. She's being VERY careful about how she words the answer:

HOLY SHIT!

Reading the quotes makes you think "there's a good chance he'll be back" and listening to it makes you think "we want him back less than we want genital warts!"

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - THE PISTONS - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: HOLY SHIT!

Reading the quotes makes you think "there's a good chance he'll be back" and listening to it makes you think "we want him back less than we want genital warts!"

Yeah. Listening to that, reading the tea leaves - we're drafting/signing 2 new backs and he's gone.

That said, she just might have been caught off guard by the question and may not know the answer totally on his future. People assume she's the GM, but really Tobin and others are.

Hard to say.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - BFritz21 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. Listening to that, reading the tea leaves - we're drafting/signing 2 new backs and he's gone.

That said, she just might have been caught off guard by the question and may not know the answer totally on his future. People assume she's the GM, but really Tobin and others are.

Hard to say.

I agree but I think she's also at least in the loop and smarter and more into the interests of the team than her old man ever was, even if it's just letting the people that know make the decisions.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - ochocincos - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. Listening to that, reading the tea leaves - we're drafting/signing 2 new backs and he's gone.

Hard to say.

Well here's their logic they could use by adding a FA guy now - They need someone to replace Perine.
And then the draft comes, and they see who might be available to them without reaching.
If they find someone they like at the appropriate value, take him and then move on from Mixon then.

I could see them being REAL interested in the potential of Izzy Abanikanda, the RB from Pitt.
That dude can really book it once he gets going, and has perfect size at 5'10", 216 lbs.
He'll be a Day 2 selection, I think.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I read the quotes and thought nothing of it. Here's the audio. It's kind of stunning. She's being VERY careful about how she words the answer:

Thanks for that Pistons. Not the same feeling as reading it lol

Bit of an eye opener, makes me think Mixon is gone after the Draft hearing it this way, just like I thought.

(03-30-2023, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: HOLY SHIT!

Made me lol Hilarious

And yeah, completely different hearing her saying it.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well here's their logic they could use by adding a FA guy now - They need someone to replace Perine.
And then the draft comes, and they see who might be available to them without reaching.
If they find someone they like at the appropriate value, take him and then move on from Mixon then.

I could see them being REAL interested in the potential of Izzy Abanikanda, the RB from Pitt.
That dude can really book it once he gets going, and has perfect size at 5'10", 216 lbs.
He'll be a Day 2 selection, I think.

Good one in Abanikanda. Saw him flash a few times when I watched a Pitt game last year. How is he in pass pro?

(03-30-2023, 03:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m 50/50 on his salary. I’m 100% on him playing here in ‘23. JMHO. They like to honor contracts. Joe is extremely popular with Zac and the staff as he was exponentially behind Zac from the get go. The Blackburns love him. They told Samaje that Joe was still #1. Had they not been secure no way Samaje leaves or they let him leave. They don’t want a whole new running back room. Now o feel that way today as Katie mentioned something unexpected could change it all.

How could they tell Samaje that Joe is #1 when they obviously haven't made a definitive decision yet - 'It’s a big jigsaw puzzle'?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bengalfan74 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 02:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Dehner and Morrison think there's zero chance Mixon is making 12.7m this year...thinking at some point, he'll be approached about a pay cut just like they did with Gio. Then he'll will have to decide what he wants to do, take less or get released.

Agree

I'll be shocked if they retain him at that rate.