Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - BFritz21 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Made me lol Hilarious

And yeah, completely different hearing her saying it.

Made me lol re-reading it  Hilarious

After that, I'm 90% he's gone if we can find something better or, at the very least, a big restructure.

How could Mixon say no to a restructure? We drafted him when he had that big incident with punching that girl and then what other team will even sign him now when he'll be 27 by season start, especially after the most recent incident, even though it looks like he didn't do anything wrong because it's just the whole reputation thing?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bengalfan74 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m 50/50 on his salary. I’m 100% on him playing here in ‘23. JMHO. They like to honor contracts. Joe is extremely popular with Zac and the staff as he was exponentially behind Zac from the get go. The Blackburns love him. They told Samaje that Joe was still #1. Had they not been secure no way Samaje leaves or they let him leave. They don’t want a whole new running back room. Now o feel that way today as Katie mentioned something unexpected could change it all.

If this was 10 years ago I'd agree with you. But this team is being ran different than in years past, and for the better. But like Holic says there's just so many moving parts it's very hard to say where it all ends up? But I will be shocked if Mixon is still here come June at 12million.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - ochocincos - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good one in Abanikanda. Saw him flash a few times when I watched a Pitt game last year. How is he in pass pro?

From what I've read/watched, he tries but he needs continued work to be a more effective pass protector. He has the size.
He's going to be extremely appealing for teams though because of his size-speed combo.
Dude runs a 4.39 with a 1.54 10-yard split.

I like Charbonnet more as an all-around RB who can pass block, but Abanikanda has that gear that Charbonnet doesn't.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Bengalholic - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Samaje would have stayed and if there had been any doubt they were undecided no way they let him go. And no way they let Joe go in June. They’d have done it so he could find another spot. Don’t know what to tell you guys. He’s not going anywhere

Maybe you should let Katie know, because she doesn't seem to be anywhere near as definitive. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - THE PISTONS - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well here's their logic they could use by adding a FA guy now - They need someone to replace Perine.
And then the draft comes, and they see who might be available to them without reaching.
If they find someone they like at the appropriate value, take him and then move on from Mixon then.

I could see them being REAL interested in the potential of Izzy Abanikanda, the RB from Pitt.
That dude can really book it once he gets going, and has perfect size at 5'10", 216 lbs.
He'll be a Day 2 selection, I think.

Kareem Hunt is out there. I'd look at him.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - ochocincos - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Samaje would have stayed and if there had been any doubt they were undecided no way they let him go. And no way they let Joe go in June. They’d have done it so he could find another spot. Don’t know what to tell you guys. He’s not going anywhere

But they can designate Mixon as a Post-June 1 cut prior and he could sign elsewhere, it just won't come off the books until June 2.
But until they have someone in ready to take the reins, no point in letting him go.
As much as I thought Perine did ok in his role, he's not an above-average RB1.
He would have likely been in the same kind of role in CIN that he had been.

(03-30-2023, 04:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Maybe you should let Katie know, because she doesn't seem to be anywhere near as definitive. 

Yep. And some of it may be how the draft board falls. Like they may keep Mixon, but it appears not a given from the audio.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Synric - 03-30-2023

There is no rush getting a veteran running back. There will be cuts after the draft and around training camp.

My case for moving on from Mixon is:

1 ) He's not a good pass blocking back
2 ) He seems to start years slow and then have a big game or 2 to get his stats cosmetically looking good.
3 ) I don't know that he has many productive years left and there's some risk that his play falls off a cliff. And we'd be paying him A LOT of money for that.

(03-30-2023, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But they can designate Mixon as a Post-June 1 cut prior and he could sign elsewhere, it just won't come off the books until June 2.
But until they have someone in ready to take the reins, no point in letting him go.
As much as I thought Perine did ok in his role, he's not an above-average RB1.
He would have likely been in the same kind of role in CIN that he had been.

Yes. Perine was very limited. He was good at picking up the blitz and he ran hard though. But, you can find other backs that do that stuff too.

(03-30-2023, 03:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m 50/50 on his salary. I’m 100% on him playing here in ‘23. JMHO. They like to honor contracts. Joe is extremely popular with Zac and the staff as he was exponentially behind Zac from the get go. The Blackburns love him. They told Samaje that Joe was still #1. Had they not been secure no way Samaje leaves or they let him leave. They don’t want a whole new running back room. Now o feel that way today as Katie mentioned something unexpected could change it all.

IF the Blackburns love him...I don't see why Katie wouldn't have been like: Joe's our guy this year!

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - KillerGoose - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 04:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF the Blackburns love him...I don't see why Katie wouldn't have been like: Joe's our guy this year!

Hearing her answer vs. reading it is very different, too. Her tone doesn't sound confident at all. Link.

Soonerpeace is a massive OU fan. You have to take everything he says about OU alumni with a grain of salt. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Frank Booth - 03-30-2023

for some reason I dont think katie and her daughters enjoy Mixon

for whatever reason. I cant think of why...

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How could they tell Samaje that Joe is #1 when they obviously haven't made a definitive decision yet - 'It’s a big jigsaw puzzle'?

Coming off a season, in which, a 6th year RB missed 3 games due to injury (concussion),  ran for less than 4 YPC, and rushed for 18 yards at 2.5 YPC in the AFC Title game. Then at the opening of Free Agency, before roster cuts, before the draft, before training camp the Bengals assured Joe Mixon, he would be RB#1 going into the 2023 NFL Season; then I've lost a degree of respect for the collective NFL Acumen of the Bengal's front office and coaching staff.

(03-30-2023, 04:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Because of the impending contract negotiations. It’s still a business. If they need his money then that would be the reason. Next year they will and his dead cap 2.75m

If I had to bet my private Kate Upton stash, I would guess that the only way Mixon stays on the roster is if he takes a sizeable pay cut.

(03-30-2023, 04:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Coming off a season, in which, a 6th year RB missed 3 games due to injury (concussion),  ran for less than 4 YPC, and rushed for 18 yards at 2.5 YPC in the AFC Title game. Then at the opening of Free Agency, before roster cuts, before the draft, before training camp the Bengals assured Joe Mixon, he would be RB#1 going into the 2023 NFL Season; then I've lost a degree of respect for the collective NFL Acumen of the Bengal's front office and coaching staff.

Exactly. There's no way in hell they've already told Mixon he's still 'the guy'. Wouldn't make any sense.

(03-30-2023, 05:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Samaje obviously was told his role would remain the same. Or again he’d have stayed. I wasn’t in the room so I don’t know the exact wording and haven’t heard from Samaje’s camp the exact conversation

But earlier you said - 'They told Samaje that Joe was still #1'. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - wanga - 03-30-2023

For you draft gurus, any chance Bijan Robinson makes it to our pick. Would they take hime or an OT like Wright? I suspect OT.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 05:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Samaje obviously was told his role would remain the same. Or again he’d have stayed. I wasn’t in the room so I don’t know the exact wording and haven’t heard from Samaje’s camp the exact conversation

I can believe and respect the fact that they told Perine he was not in their plans to be RB1. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 05:37 PM)wanga Wrote: For you draft gurus, any chance Bijan Robinson makes it to our pick. Would they take hime or an OT like Wright? I suspect OT.

Not likely Wanga. But the Draft is crazy, yah never know what will happen.

If he did fell that would be the perfect RB for us honestly. Haven't had a guy like that here for a long damn time.