Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 03:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m 50/50 on his salary. I’m 100% on him playing here in ‘23. JMHO. They like to honor contracts. Joe is extremely popular with Zac and the staff as he was exponentially behind Zac from the get go. The Blackburns love him. They told Samaje that Joe was still #1. Had they not been secure no way Samaje leaves or they let him leave. They don’t want a whole new running back room. Now o feel that way today as Katie mentioned something unexpected could change it all.

That was Katie Blackburn talking and did not hear all that love or assurance in her voice. She definitely brought up his issues as well, which certainly could have changed the opinion of the family. 

Maybe they were able to forgive him for cold cocking a woman in college but now a thug pattern seems to be emerging swaying their opinion.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 06:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That was Katie Blackburn talking and did not hear all that love or assurance in her voice. She definitely brought up his issues as well, which certainly could have changed the opinion of the family. 

Maybe they were able to forgive him for cold cocking a woman in college but now a thug pattern seems to be emerging swaying their opinion.

Not to mention the money and poor pass pro with their future...

I can understand Katie's apprehension.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Bengalholic - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 06:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That was Katie Blackburn talking and did not hear all that love or assurance in her voice. She definitely brought up his issues as well, which certainly could have changed the opinion of the family. 

Right, like Dehner said...he's done himself no favors in terms of perception lately.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - TheFan - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 05:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Samaje obviously was told his role would remain the same. Or again he’d have stayed. I wasn’t in the room so I don’t know the exact wording and haven’t heard from Samaje’s camp the exact conversation

Do you think they could of more or less told him he won't be the #1 but that it doesn't necessarily mean Mixon is? Obviously we don't know since like you said, none of were apart of the convo. But I feel like both could potentially be true. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 06:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Catching some grief lol on here but not from you. I reached out and my stance and thoughts and opinions are completely unchanged on Mixon. However they thought they had Moreau until his diagnosis. But they like the possibilities with Irv Smith he is really fast. I wouldn’t rule out a tackle the first round and one name was mentioned to me. They are grooming Trayveon to take Perine’s place especially on special teams. They offered Samaje the exact same money as Denver not near but the exact same. The NFL rules committee was looking at some of the college rules on kickoffs and punts.

Just give us a hint.  Ninja

(03-30-2023, 06:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s semantics. You are trying way to hard to dissect every word.

Facepalm

I was quoting you directly, in your own words. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 08:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Again I said earlier that they told Samaje that Joe was number 1. As you dissect my every word I amended it that they told Samaje that he would still be in the same role. I don’t know why you want to push this. Samaje would have stayed had he’d been told differently.

I am far from the Chairman of the Holic Fan Club, but I cannot disagree with what he stated or see it as dissecting. I have little doubt you have more "inside info" than most of us and I appreciate what you share. But there's a big difference between telling Pernine his role is not going to change and saying the team has stated Mixon will be RB1.

I personally hope Mixon is not guaranteed RB1 on this team. With ZERO inside info, I have a feeling if Mixon hadn't gotten himself caught up in a couple "scraps" this off-season we would have parted ways. I feel like they're just holding onto him out of support. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 05:37 PM)wanga Wrote: For you draft gurus, any chance Bijan Robinson makes it to our pick. Would they take hime or an OT like Wright? I suspect OT.

It is unlikely either are available. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible. 

If both are available, I think it is Wright. 

I wouldn't think Robinson would get taken over guys we view as the top tier OTs, TEs, DEs, CBs, or Kancey. 

But if it is 2nd tier OTs, CBs, TEs, DTs, and DEs? Then it gets more interesting if Robinson (or a top WR) is still there. Who those players are, we can only guess. 

Robinson is a better prospect at his position that Wright is, but at a spot with lower pisitional value. RB or RT could open up cap space if we move on from Jonah or Mixon as a result. 

Mellow

(03-30-2023, 05:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Samaje obviously was told his role would remain the same. Or again he’d have stayed. I wasn’t in the room so I don’t know the exact wording and haven’t heard from Samaje’s camp the exact conversation

Bengalholic Wrote:Just so I'm clear...

You weren't in the room, don't know the wording and haven't heard from Samaje's camp...but you know what was said to Samaje?

(03-30-2023, 08:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No just to be clear that statement is not correct. But I’m done arguing. I’ve said enough. You believe what you want. I’ve made my points. I’m no longer discussing any threads concerning Mixon or Samaje and roster subjects. I’ve messaged a few people and will continue to do that. Joe Mixon will be on the roster in ‘23 unless for personal character reasons.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - KillerGoose - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 08:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve not heard from Samaje’s camp today.

I find all of this to be incredibly implausible. You are "providing" information that nationally renowned/world renowned reporters are not providing. Somehow, with an organization that is notoriously tight lipped, you have the inside scoop on the Burrow contract negotiations, details of conversations with free agents and current players, and information on who will be cut and who will not be cut. 

Is the chance zero? No, but I find it to be incredibly unlikely that out of all of the people in sports reporting world that Soonerpeace is the man with all of the sources. 

(03-30-2023, 08:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve not heard from Samaje’s camp today.

You're a constantly moving target that can't be pinned down to their own words because you'll just change them in the very next post.

For example, you said earlier that Mixon would be on the 2023 roster. Then, it was he'll be on the roster unless they needed the money. Now, he'll be on the roster unless it's for character reasons. You're all over the place brother.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - THE PISTONS - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 08:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m bowing out. This is it.  I think telling the backup RB his role isn’t changing is the same as saying Joe is still number 1.

Or they'll add a #1.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 09:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I find all of this to be incredibly implausible. You are "providing" information that nationally renowned/world renowned reporters are not providing. Somehow, with an organization that is notoriously tight lipped, you have the inside scoop on the Burrow contract negotiations, details of conversations with free agents and current players, and information on who will be cut and who will not be cut. 

Is the chance zero? No, but I find it to be incredibly unlikely that out of all of the people in sports reporting world that Soonerpeace is the man with all of the sources. 

I have no sources or connections. And you are absolutely right they are tight lipped and give out no information. But I’ll take a break from here now.

(03-30-2023, 05:37 PM)wanga Wrote: For you draft gurus, any chance Bijan Robinson makes it to our pick. Would they take hime or an OT like Wright? I suspect OT.

Yes. Teams don't generally like to go RB in 1st. I'd say maybe 30% chance. Unless it happens...then 100% chance. Haha

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - C0de_M0nkey - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am far from the Chairman of the Holic Fan Club, but I cannot disagree with what he stated or see it as dissecting. I have little doubt you have more "inside info" than most of us and I appreciate what you share. But there's a big difference between telling Pernine his role is not going to change and saying the team has stated Mixon will be RB1.

I personally hope Mixon is not guaranteed RB1 on this team. With ZERO inside info, I have a feeling if Mixon hadn't gotten himself caught up in a couple "scraps" this off-season we would have parted ways. I feel like they're just holding onto him out of support. 

Joe Mixon is 300 yards from becoming the Bengals’ third leading rusher, and 1,100 yards away from becoming the second leading rusher. He’s not the flashiest runner, but you can’t argue with the results behind some horrible offensive lines. He’s the best RB we’ve had since Corey Dillon. RB1 should be Mixon’s job to lose.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nicomo Cosca - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 09:36 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Joe Mixon is 300 yards from becoming the Bengals’ third leading rusher, and 1,100 yards away from becoming the second leading rusher. He’s not the flashiest runner, but you can’t argue with the results behind some horrible offensive lines. He’s the best RB we’ve had since Corey Dillon. RB1 should be Mixon’s job to lose.

[Image: leonardo-dicaprio-leo-dicaprio.gif]

Rudi probably beats Mixon for me.

(03-30-2023, 09:36 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Joe Mixon is 300 yards from becoming the Bengals’ third leading rusher, and 1,100 yards away from becoming the second leading rusher. He’s not the flashiest runner, but you can’t argue with the results behind some horrible offensive lines. He’s the best RB we’ve had since Corey Dillon. RB1 should be Mixon’s job to lose.

He generally starts slow for what the past few years then has some big games late in the year to help his stats.

814 yards @ 3.9 ypc is replaceable.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Stewy - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 09:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I have no sources or connections. And you are absolutely right they are tight lipped and give out no information. But I’ll take a break from here now.

Yeah - probably best to take a break Sooner.  I'm not going to quote you or whatever, but having been involved in these forums here since the beginning and for a long long time on the Mothership, there are two things I can tell you about insiders and how they are perceived.  #1 - They're lying sacks or #2 - They're lying sacks.  

Im not saying that is what I think. Im just giving you the perception. My advice to you is to make your predictions with a wink and a smile.....stop telling everyone they're wrong.....then quote yourself when you're right.  I'd cool it with the whole "My information is...." because if you have a source you can never share it......if you shared it you'd violate it, which would be a dyck thing to do.

This is why I give what you say about 1% more credence than anyone else....you might be right so I won't ignore it, but I'll never hang on your every word either.

That's my unsolicited advice....take it or leave it.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - bfine32 - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 10:03 PM)Stewy Wrote: Yeah - probably best to take a break Sooner.  

You don't think he should do it Later

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Go Cards - 03-30-2023

(03-30-2023, 09:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You're a constantly moving target that can't be pinned down to their own words because you'll just change them in the very next post.

For example, you said earlier that Mixon would be on the 2023 roster. Then, it was he'll be on the roster unless they needed the money. Now, he'll be on the roster unless it's for character reasons. You're all over the place brother.

Really don't judge too harshly and actually like Sooner as a poster. Only problem is he takes any opposite opinions so personally and immediately has to matter-of-factly point out they're wrong. Maybe they are wrong, none of us really know the outcome yet and most are mere layman folk with no inside info at all. Plus many he said were wrong stated the exact reasons he has now included as possibilities for Mixon being released. 

People pointed out his blocking and running was not up to par and to Sooners credit he has never wavered from his stance on that saying Mixon is worthy. Yet did tell people who said $, another FA, or character issues, that they were completely wrong and now apparently includes it as a possibility in his own equation

Believe he is a very good poster and probably does have inside info and actually enjoy his posts when he is not scolding others. Still don't doubt him even if wrong on this matter because as we've seen even players on the team don't know everything going on, just ask Jonah. 

Rock On Sooner, its all good