Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Uh oh Joe Mixon - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Uh oh Joe Mixon (/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Roland - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 11:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This whole allegation does not make sense to me. They are saying this happened on the Saturday prior to the Bills game. Does it not occur to anyone that Joe and the rest of the team were traveling to Buffalo? I think this is what he attorney is eluding to when he says "I think the police have the responsibility to do due diligence before they file charges." Even if this was earlier in the day, I find it hard to believe he had time to be out being an outlaw and not home getting ready to leave for Buffalo. Something stinks here. Probably why they are dropping the charges, the story falls apart if Mixon is in Buffalo or on a plane. Would people be so quick to believe this if it was the other Joe?

Busses left for the airport at 2:00PM that day so it could be a road rage incident on the way into the stadium or an early AM incident the night before.  If it were as egregious as not even being there I would think the language from his agent would have been stronger.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - rfaulk34 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 08:23 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: We really should wait until Bart Scott weighs in...

[Image: th?id=OIP.Omq_EOjqiKXgVESGsBT9NAHaHa&pid...id=Api&P=0]

Can't wait!

I'm gonna start referring to him as DUB.

Drunk
Uncle
Bart

"dammit, ole DUB is at it again, running his mouth on ESPN".

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - rfaulk34 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, you're confusing probably cause and reasonable suspicion. They are different standards. A person can go to court and sign a criminal complaint alleging just about anything. The kicker is this is a sworn document. That's reasonable suspicion and a warrant can be issued by the court. Probably Cause is established at the Preliminary Hearing where a judge will hear enough testimony to decide if there is probable cause to send it to the Grand Jury. At the Grand Jury, only the prosecution gets to present it's evidence, and the GJ decided if there is enough evidence for it to go to trial. I could go to the court this morning and state me and Psychdoctor got in an argument, and he pulled a gun on me. The thing is, I have to be willing to sign on the dotted line it is a sworn statement, and if I'm lying, I am subject to prosecution myself. 

I testified as a witness at my first GJ a few weeks ago. 

Wasn't anything like i expected. Walked into a small side room and there were a bunch of people sitting in chairs, lining two walls, with the prosecutor at the head of a table in the middle of the room and a few other people around. Got sworn in, asked a couple quick questions, answered and then i was outta there. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Sled21 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 12:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why are you so dismissive of incidents that show a pattern of bad character?

I'm not dismissive of it. I'm withholding judgement. There is a HUGE difference there. I don't know if he did it or not. Until I know who alleged it, when it occurred, what the relationship between them is I'm not going to say cut him over it. If I cut him today it would be because he can't block people from hitting Burrow. I was a cop long enough to know how many false complaints come through the courthouse. It's a bunch. They usually get sorted out pretty quickly, so I'm in the wait and see camp.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - SunsetBengal - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why are you so quick to believe everything you hear

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/02/agent-charges-against-joe-mixon-will-be-dropped-on-friday/

That's just Mixon's agent speaking, of course he would say that.  The official word needs to come from Cincy PD, along with a statement of explanation as to why a warrant was obtained, and then vacated.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Sled21 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 12:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I testified as a witness at my first GJ a few weeks ago. 

Wasn't anything like i expected. Walked into a small side room and there were a bunch of people sitting in chairs, lining two walls, with the prosecutor at the head of a table in the middle of the room and a few other people around. Got sworn in, asked a couple quick questions, answered and then i was outta there. 

GJs are very informal. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Nately120 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 12:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1 mistake should never vilify someone the rest of their life.

As they say:  act in haste, repent in leisure. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Hammerstripes - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 01:01 AM)CincyKid Wrote: really doesnt matter if the charges are real, false or completely dropped

just a bad look that Bengals Ownership, Coaches and Players dont want anymore

The past proven charge and new charge w/ a totally different woman is a disturbing pattern.

Joe is overpaid..........cut him w/ the least amount of cap hit and re-sign Perrine w/ the money you save

addition by subtraction is a popular phrase here and fits this situation perfectly.

Yeah, it really does matter if it's false or dropped.  Geez, how would you feel if it happened to you?

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - leonardfan40 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So again, when he was still in college. I can't say with any certainty that I ever threw a parking ticket at a "Greenie Meanie" Parking police while at Eastern Kentucky University, but I sure cussed a few. 

Yeah I’m not going to judge someone over getting mad at a meter maid. They suck.

I woulda thrown my ticket in their face if they had been around when I found it. Tags expired the day before, I had the new ones in my car but hadn’t had time to clean off the old one and replace it until after my noon class that day. Since I was parked on a public street in front of my house I got a ticket. Never drove on expired tags, had the new ones, expired less than 12 hours smh. Get a life meter maid.

Now hitting a chick, and allegedly putting a gun in someone’s face (unless she came at him with a weapon first) are messed up. To early to know on the 2nd one though with so little information available.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 12:56 AM)Roland Wrote: Bengals busses left for the airport at 2:00PM that day.  Originally I thought it might have been an early AM bar incident, but there's not much on the 300 block of Walnut in the way of night life.

My theory is a road rage incident on the way to the stadium.  Mixon would have left to catch his bus and the other party reported to police.  It's not out of the question that such an account might be exaggerated to encourage a police response.  There are at least a couple of cameras along that block so it may be on video.

If I were an NFL player I would have the most expensive dashcam setup you can buy.

According to WLW this morning, that's exactly what it was.

(02-03-2023, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So again, when he was still in college. I can't say with any certainty that I ever threw a parking ticket at a "Greenie Meanie" Parking police while at Eastern Kentucky University, but I sure cussed a few. 

Off topic, but I didn't know you were an EKU alum too. Those parking enforcement people were menaces for sure.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - HarleyDog - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 01:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: According to WLW this morning, that's exactly what it was.

Road rage?

As to the OP, if this has any merit to it, it's time to move on from him for sure.... performance aside. I was already in the camp of moving on to free up cash, but this would definitely seal the deal for me. Some may recall, I was beside myself when they drafted him because I have two young daughters. I gave him the second chance, and up until this (if true), he had done good on that. I'll wait and see, but it doesn't look good.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Hammerstripes - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 10:51 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: A leopard never changes its spots (or in this case a Bengal and its stripes).

Actually, he pretty much did as he's been an absolutely great teammate and person in the community since he's been here.

(02-03-2023, 01:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Road rage?

Yes.

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - HarleyDog - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 01:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: As to the OP, if this has any merit to it, it's time to move on from him for sure.... performance aside. I was already in the camp of moving on to free up cash, but this would definitely seal the deal for me. Some may recall, I was beside myself when they drafted him because I have two young daughters. I gave him the second chance, and up until this (if true), he had done good on that. I'll wait and see, but it doesn't look good.

I went to WLW and this is what they posted: 

"The request to drop the charge against Joe Mixon is coming from the city prosecutors office. Hamilton County Municipal Court Presiding Judge Curt Kissinger tells Newsradio 700 WLW that he will dismiss it but only after he is sure that the alleged victim in the case has been notified. The reason that the prosecutor asked for dismissal has not been given but the agent for Mixon has said that police rushed to judgement in the case that reportedly involved a road rage incident downtown. The agent says cops should be held to a higher standard and shouldn't be playing with peoples lives and reputations like that. The aggravated menacing charge was brought after a woman said Mixon pulled a gun on her and threatened her at 3rd and Walnut. It isn't clear if she has recanted that claim or if a private settlement was worked out between the partys."

Last sentence is what's on most peoples minds. We know it's possible, therefore we assume is the case since his past already shows he's capable. As for myself? Well, I would just like to get as far away as possible from him. 

(02-03-2023, 01:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I went to WLW and this is what they posted: 

"The request to drop the charge against Joe Mixon is coming from the city prosecutors office. Hamilton County Municipal Court Presiding Judge Curt Kissinger tells Newsradio 700 WLW that he will dismiss it but only after he is sure that the alleged victim in the case has been notified. The reason that the prosecutor asked for dismissal has not been given but the agent for Mixon has said that police rushed to judgement in the case that reportedly involved a road rage incident downtown. The agent says cops should be held to a higher standard and shouldn't be playing with peoples lives and reputations like that. The aggravated menacing charge was brought after a woman said Mixon pulled a gun on her and threatened her at 3rd and Walnut. It isn't clear if she has recanted that claim or if a private settlement was worked out between the partys."

Last sentence is what's on most peoples minds. We know it's possible, therefore we assume is the case since his past already shows he's capable. As for myself? Well, I would just like to get as far away as possible from him. 

If it comes down to a settlement, then yes, cut bait. If it's a false report....as in they had words, but no gun was actually pulled....then let the cards play and charge the accuser. 

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - Soonerpeace - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 01:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If it comes down to a settlement, then yes, cut bait. If it's a false report....as in they had words, but no gun was actually pulled....then let the cards play and charge the accuser. 

Well good chance she recognized him and went for money. Looks like they didn’t interview him. Probably he denies a gun and she purports there was. Not anybody to collaborate either. Who knows maybe the prosecutors did more due diligence and she’s not reputable

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - casear2727 - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 01:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: If it comes down to a settlement, then yes, cut bait. If it's a false report....as in they had words, but no gun was actually pulled....then let the cards play and charge the accuser. 

(02-03-2023, 01:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well good chance she recognized him and went for money. Looks like they didn’t interview him. Probably he denies a gun and she purports there was. Not anybody to collaborate either. Who knows maybe the prosecutors did more due diligence and she’s not reputable

There is also the possibility that there are no other witnesses and it is a he said/she said case, the cops believed her but there is no way for a prosecutor to prove it except her testimony, which seems the most plausible of all explanations.  Also let's see if they dismiss it with prejudice or not...

RE: Uh oh Joe Mixon - jason - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 12:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1 mistake should never vilify someone the rest of their life.

I agree, but unfortunately his mistake was caught on camera. There's also been some underlying smoke with him here and there too. I'm not perfect either though.