Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: So what now when it comes to the TE room? (/Thread-So-what-now-when-it-comes-to-the-TE-room)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

So what now when it comes to the TE room? - BengalsLUFC - 03-22-2023

With the news that Moreau has got lymphoma (get well soon) that’s another target gone. I’m struggling to see what FA would be worth signing.

Mercedes Lewis-Probably going to end up a Jet as part of Rodgers harem.

Gronk- Another year older would he even pick up the phone?

This practically forces us to double tip in Thabkfully a really strong TE class but without a vet so need someone who is ready day 1 this probably rules out Washington.

With us needing cover at other positions too it probably takes away us picking 2 rb”s too so Mixon is probably going to stay and why would he take a pay cut when he has the leverage?

Do we use Jonah and a late pick to go after an established tight end?

It’s a head scratcher now.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - QueenCity - 03-22-2023

Draft.... that is our last option. Bengals sat on their hands or banked on Moerau in FA

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Murdock2420 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 08:53 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: With the news that Moreau has got lymphoma (get well soon) that’s another target gone. I’m struggling to see what FA would be worth signing.

This practically forces us to double tip in Thabkfully a really strong TE class but without a vet so need someone who is ready day 1 this probably rules out Washington.

With us needing cover at other positions too it probably takes away us picking 2 rb”s too so Mixon is probably going to stay and why would he take a pay cut when he has the leverage?

Irv Smith is still available. Only 25 years of age. He's had some health concerns, adding him on a 1 year deal and drafting a TE would be a good plan.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - StoneTheCrow - 03-22-2023

I like your last option. Do not rely on who you could potentially draft.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - spazz70 - 03-22-2023

What is a Tight End? Go 3/4 wide
..use on of those extra OL on short downs/goal line.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - OSUfan - 03-22-2023

Terrible news for this young man but I was wondering if something was not up because he had a good bit of interest. He says he wants to return to football as soon as he gets this battle over. Praying for him.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Hammerstripes - 03-22-2023

We need someone. I wouldn't be shocked if Wilcox is brought back and maybe a guy like Irv Smith. Definitely need to draft one at some point.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - THE PISTONS - 03-22-2023

I feel like Moreau was going to the Saints anyways.

Irvine Smith and Sample.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - bfine32 - 03-22-2023

Thadeus Moss BYTCHES!!

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - THE PISTONS - 03-22-2023

Hooper and Brock Wright out there too.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - 007BengalsFan - 03-22-2023

Gronk said he wanted to play with Burrow. Why not pick up the phone and see what happens?

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - bfine32 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 09:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hooper and Brock Wright out there too.

Hooper signed with the Raiders.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Soonerpeace - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 08:53 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: With the news that Moreau has got lymphoma (get well soon) that’s another target gone. I’m struggling to see what FA would be worth signing.

The plan was draft one if Moreau fell through.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-22-2023

Thinking Michael Mayer is more and more likely with the Moreau news. Prayers for him.

Mayer had the most production and is the most sure thing early I guess. I like a lot of the TE's in this draft though.

LaPorta, Kraft, Whyle, Durham, Strange etc.

Also think we bring back Wilcox to the room.

Seems like the firework they were playing with on this blew up in the Bengals’ hand.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Go Cards - 03-22-2023

Luckily the draft is deep with TE's that will not cost much against the cap.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 09:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Seems like the firework they were playing with on this blew up in the Bengals’ hand.

JPP reference eh...

(03-22-2023, 09:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: JPP reference eh...

Can he catch with 6 fingers? Bring him in.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - RunKijanaRun - 03-22-2023

Kincaid is TE many ignore, but he’s the best pass-catching TE in the draft, but he’s not really an in-line TE.

Mayer and Washington would be great too.

Other than Irv Smith, I can’t think of any compelling FAs.

Let’s swing that deal for Kyle Pitts and start measuring ring sizes.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Synric - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 09:41 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Kincaid is TE many ignore, but he’s the best pass-catching TE in the draft, but he’s not really an in-line TE.

One of the more natural receivers in the entire draft class... just a bad blocker all around.